Mega Thread Dean Robinson's Interview [full interview in OP]

Remove this Banner Ad

And Jenny, I think Essendon's PR got a hold of Tex Walkers Twitter account.

Tex Walker@texwalker13 21h
This is why the media shits me.. How about leaving Hird alone until everything has been sorted out. I really do feel for him #pests

More support for Hirdy.

:p

Yep, I've met Tex a few times. Simple lad. But he knows what it's like to be hunted by the press. That's the angle he's coming from. At least he didn't #standbyhird.

Yep, I've met Tex a few times. Simple lad. But he knows what it's like to be hunted by the press. That's the angle he's coming from. At least he didn't #standbyhird.

To be fair to players with that tag, it is twitter.

The club has a few of those posters around the club.

There was a big billboard at Windy Hill, a few players signed it. That was recently re delivered to the club, the players do talk to one another, once one does it, others pretty quickly follow.

Only cringeworthy if you cringe at the truth when it doesn't suit your argument.
The really cringeworthy stuff is the inability of Essendon fans to understand and acknowledge the situation! Their inability to accept the truth that Essendon is involved in a 'supplements' scandal, acknowledge it and say yes, it is a scandal but I'm supporting EFC, Hird etc and remaining loyal to my Club.

The constant denials, defensive comments, attacking other supporters for expressing opinions only serves only the appearance of the stupidity, ostrich manoeuvring fideists, who are in complete denial.

As a Geelong supporter and someone who loves AFL, I really feel for Essendon, their supporters, Evans, Hird and Robinson. I am certainly distressed at Hird's situation and am fully prepared to afford him the presumption of innocence! However, the witch hunt by Essendon of Robinson is wrong! Robinson also must be afforded the presumption of innocence! It appears that Essendon is seeking to hang the whole affair on Robinson, making him the scapegoat, when in fact he is a whistleblower. It is that issue that I take exception!

Why Essendon supporters are in denial about the situation is confusing, because it was the Club which announced the supplement scandal!

Why Robinson is under such savage attack from Essendon bewilders me!

It was Dank who alleged Hird was taking supplements on the banned list.

There is confusion about whether the substances used were on the banned list at the time they were used! However, there was no denial from Essendnon that substances were used on players!

While working at Essendon, a banned substance, Thymosin Beta 4 CJC-1295, was ordered by Stephen Dank from Shane Charter, a biochemist, but it is not known if it was administered to players.

Even the Bombers' report by Ziggy Switkowski, mentions "a disturbing picture of a pharmacologically experimental environment never adequately controlled or challenged or documented within the club" which was "created by the use of exotic supplements, frequency of injections and marginalisation of traditional medical staff created" according to the Hun.

David Evans actually apologised for using risky substances and announced zero tolerance for their previous practices.

It is seem clear Dank was the mastermind, but Robinson, Hird and all the way to the top to Robson and Evans have to be accountable and accept responsibility! Robson, Evans and Robinson have all resigned, for different reasons. Only Hird remains.

Consequently, it is reasonable for people to point the finger at Hird. It is unreasonable to attack Robinson by saying he is discredited, when the only discrediting of him is from EFC and it is plain they are trying to put the blame on him! Did Robinson engage Dank? No, it was Hird.

Do tell what you know about the $60k invoice. (note I said "know").
Might well be that this is a part of the puzzle whose significance has yet to be fully revealed.
60sbomber, I did tell what I know of the $60k invoice, which you seem to have ignored, because you have been posting since this.
Did my response not "suit your argument"?

Just because Hird's place was never raided by the AFP, doesn't mean he didn't tell Robinson that it was. I've said before that Hird strikes me as a pathological liar, and probably makes up stories to make himself seem cooler than he actually is. I mean, look at him - he's got that slightly nerdy/goofy air about him, so in order to fit in with the "cool kids" he made s**t up. He's all about appearances, after all.

What reporters should be asking is "Did you tell Dean Robinson that the police raided your house?" That would be a more accurate reflection on whether Robinson was lying or not.

If you look closely, everyone who is in the business of smearing Dean Robinsons name - they have something to gain by doing so, look at the intentions of some individuals, from Hird right down to Darcy.
From Watson to McVeigh, of course they are going to smear Robinsons names.
But, I'd say Robinson would've been privy to A LOT more information than most people who are saying that he has no idea and is a blatant liar.

The football public are getting smarter and they aren't just dismissing Robinson's allegations off the bat and now Essendon are having to work harder to bring down his character.
What happened to the Essendon Football Club letting this investigation play its course?
You have raised some good questions and made an excellent argument IamJack!

Why isn't Essendon focussing their attention on Dank?

People (mainly EFC supporters) are too quick to accept EFC's smear campaign against Robinson, without considering their motives for doing so!

Those calling Robinson a liar forget he has an extremely brilliant and successful QC acting for him! There is no way Galbally would allow Robinson to go on TV and make allegations, which could result in legal action against Robinson! The whole 'Inside Man' interview is a perfectly orchestrated manoeuvre by Galbally. And the result is that since the interview, EFC and Hird have dug themselves deeper into the manure pile of their creation!

The football public should be getting smarter IamJack, and the smarter ones won't dismiss Robinson, because as you say, he was privy to most of what went on and has stated that at most of the conversations there were three or more, he has emails and texts and the fact he was not dismissed sheds light on the fact that Essendon can't place the entire blame on him!

Great post IamJack!

My question would've been to R Ings about aod9604.

If the players had taken it, knowing that WADA say its banned, how can the players not get off?
I think Essendon are counting on it not being banned by WADA when it was used.

The company named on the invoice has it on their website, FYI.

Once this is all completed and sanctions or no sanctions have been handed down can we have an apology thread - would make for some riveting reading
Why? What for?

Only cringeworthy if you cringe at the truth when it doesn't suit your argument.
You mean like how he and Jobe were concerned that there were too many injections so got consent forms done up.

Then claims no injections were done prior to the forms.

rofl
Enjoyed your comment HU!
Are you trying to baffle bullshit with brains? :eek:

:thumbsu: Well said. I think this is where Sando made a mistake this year at Adelaide. He arrives at Adelaide with the players in great aerobic shape thanks to Neil Craig's cycling/aerobic regime, and he immediately drops the bikes, gets the boys into the gym and boxing ring. We bulked up, but we still had several years of aerobic base strength behind us. This year, the pre-season again ignored aerobic training and as a consequence, we have struggled to finish out games. There obviously has to be a balance between the two. Sando recognises that he made an error on our pre-season this year. Will be interesting to see how he adjusts.
I have to disagree with you Jenny. Sanderson came from Geelong and would be well aware of the importance of aerobic conditioning because of Paul Haynes, who kept Dean Robinson on a tight weight training rein, preferring to focus on aerobic fitness with gradual increase in body bulking. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to disagree with you Jenny. Sanderson came from Geelong and would be well aware of the importance of aerobic conditioning because of Paul Haynes, who kept Dean Robinson on a tight weight training rein, preferring to focus on aerobic fitness with gradual increase in body bulking. :)

That may well be, but he hasn't focused on it for two pre-seasons in a row. He often comments on inheriting a team with a huge aerobic fitness base. Unfortunately in his quest to make us stronger, he let that fitness base slide - and he's acknowledged that. Craig's focus was on aerobic fitness rather than strength - hence we tackle worse than pre-pubescent girls. Sando has attempted to toughen us up - still a fair way off, but play a much tougher brand than we did under Craig in the last two years. Now he has to balance it.

Why? What for?

Because some of the s**t that's been trotted out by bomber supporters has been downright cringeworthy - the least they can do is apologise for having their heads struck so far up their arses they just couldn't see the light to show them the way

That may well be, but he hasn't focused on it for two pre-seasons in a row. He often comments on inheriting a team with a huge aerobic fitness base. Unfortunately in his quest to make us stronger, he let that fitness base slide - and he's acknowledged that. Craig's focus was on aerobic fitness rather than strength - hence we tackle worse than pre-pubescent girls. Sando has attempted to toughen us up - still a fair way off, but play a much tougher brand than we did under Craig in the last two years. Now he has to balance it.
That may be so, but I think we will leave it there because you appear to prefer Craig to Sanderson, which is fine. However, I think if you look at the Crows -v- Cats game, your theory doesn't hold. But that's one game and I have little knowledge of Crows. And am not a Sanderson fan. Cheers

Because some of the s**t that's been trotted out by bomber supporters has been downright cringeworthy - the least they can do is apologise for having their heads struck so far up their arses they just couldn't see the light to show them the way
lol CP
Firstly, I must admit, I'm nearly at the end of a bottle of red wine;
Secondly, I must admit, I've forgotten why I asked that;
Thirdly, we just were outplayed by Norf and I wish I could care about this post o_O

How did Luke Darcy see the transcripts from Dean Robinsons ASADA Interview last weekend? andif he can see it than why cant we all ?

That may be so, but I think we will leave it there because you appear to prefer Craig to Sanderson, which is fine. However, I think if you look at the Crows -v- Cats game, your theory doesn't hold. But that's one game and I have little knowledge of Crows. And am not a Sanderson fan. Cheers

Actually I don't prefer Craig to Sanderson at all. I was a huge Craig fan for sure, and I'm now a huge Sando fan. They just go about it differently is all. As for the Geelong game - we've played two games all season like that v you and north. More often than not we have been 5-6 goals up and completely overrun in the final quarter. He'll get it right, I have faith in him.

You mean like how he and Jobe were concerned that there were too many injections so got consent forms done up.

Then claims no injections were done prior to the forms.

Poor bastard. The bombers should sew McVeigh's lips together. Changes his tune, doesn't think or remember what he has already said.

Exactly who was in Essendon drugs meeting?
Patrick Smith
The Australian
August 3, 2013

THERE is increasing confusion about which senior officials were present at a crucial meeting in January last year when the Essendon playing list was briefed on what drugs the footballers would be administered during the upcoming season.

The drug regime discussed at the meeting is the subject of the six-month investigation by ASADA after allegations the Essendon footballers were given substances banned under the WADA code.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/opinion/exactly-who-was-in-essendon-drugs-meeting/story-e6frg7uo-1226690468703

[admin note] Posting of entire articles is prohibited on BigFooty

Now Jobe Watson has own dumb opinion http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...on-as-hird-hires-burnside-20130802-2r3kh.html

Now he just said he wanted to see the proof of what Robinson, but then goes on to say he didn't see the whole thing. So it seems that Jobe is quite prepared to make statements without seeing all the evidence, but then is aghast that it is happening to his club.

Didn't his Tim teach him to keep his mouth shut when adults were speaking?
Yeah he should post on BigFooty with all the adults and smart people hey

Of course I lost you at "McVeigh said"
You don't want to hear anything from anyone who doesn't support your point of view.

And McVeigh has been very consistent on all of this for a very long time.
The only time his story seemed to change was after his ASADA interview when the journos twisted his words to say he was "shocked" at some of the things that he had learnt at the interview" and that he "now feared for players welfare" and "had doubts about what he had been given" (all parenthesis represents quick summary from my memory of what he was reputed to have said).

In fact, he didn't say any of those things. He said he was shocked at the line of questioning, that he had no fears for players welfare, and that he knew exactly what he had been given.

Why don't you try listening a bit more closely, and not just to the side of things you want to hear.

His first initial statement when this all first broke was that he the players were given were 'vitamin shots' and that Reimers was a liar.

Now it comes out that all the playing list were sat down in a meeting with Dank and were explained all the various drugs that were going to be administered.

McVeigh's version of events has changed and adapted every time a new bit of information has been revealed.

serious question here...do Essendon supporters remember if McVeigh had many concussions throughout his playing career?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back