Past Dean 'The Difference' Towers - delisted 2018. COMING SOON - The Festival of Deano

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 was a very shallow draft. There was probably only 3 or 4 players taken after 22 (other than f/s and rookie upgrades) that you would take ahead of Towers.

Got dropped when he was probably in career best form ironically. Thanks Deano. Good luck for the future.

Farewell Deano, it was fun while it lasted.

I'll always choose to remember you for your tackle that caught Dustin Martin holding the ball, your one on one contested mark against Ben Stratton and completely ignore what happened immediately after.

2012 was a very shallow draft. There was probably only 3 or 4 players taken after 22 (other than f/s and rookie upgrades) that you would take ahead of Towers.

Mason Wood, Tim Membrey, Rory Atkins.

If you want to include rookie draft: Jake Lloyd, Sam Dwyer, Adam Oxley, Dane Rampe, Zac Williams

I'll never for the life of me understand why he wasn't selected in the back half of this year. I'm not inside the club obviously but he seemed to maintain his workrate at NEAFL level despite having his card seemingly marked.
Yeh, that was odd. Playing a crucial role, eye injury, not seen in seniors again. Odd.

Yeh, that was odd. Playing a crucial role, eye injury, not seen in seniors again. Odd.

But he was seen in seniors again. He missed round 6 because of the eye injury.

He played round 7 for a return of 10 disposals (4 kicks), 3 Marks and a goal

He played round 8 for a return of 8 disposals (1 kick), 0 Marks.

He played round 16 for a return of 8 disposals (2 kicks), 0 Marks.

He just got past by younger, better players and at 28 he doesn’t have the improvement in him to challenge them again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just got past by younger, better players and at 28 he doesn’t have the improvement in him to challenge them again.
My memory must be out of date.

I have no problem with his delisting btw but prior to the eye injury he was playing well.

No comprende 37, seniors or neafl if not injured.

I mean, there wasn't really a position for him to play in the seniors.
He was pinch hitting in the ruck until we discovered Sinkers was better going the whole game by himself. That didn't leave many other options for him to get a game in the seniors.

I mean, there wasn't really a position for him to play in the seniors.
He was pinch hitting in the ruck until we discovered Sinkers was better going the whole game by himself. That didn't leave many other options for him to get a game in the seniors.
Yeh, I suppose but some other players who were no where near fit, under done got games when Towers was playing well seemed odd at the time.

Yeh, I suppose but some other players who were no where near fit, under done got games when Towers was playing well seemed odd at the time.

In a way you think it is a bit hard on Deano but in another way you think, he had his chances and for the most part didn't do himself any favours. Unfortunately.

In a way you think it is a bit hard on Deano but in another way you think, he had his chances and for the most part didn't do himself any favours. Unfortunately.
Was always depth and played some good games. Surprised he lasted as long on our list as he did TBH.

i still think he is worth more to us than anyone else and is thus good depth. definitely best 28.

Personally I think Deano had a dog of a year. He was a fringe player and as a fringe player at his age you just can't have a bad year. Even at NEAFL level, wwhere he should have been getting 30-40 disposals, he was not great. He was ok but not great. He had a reasonable 2016 and a good 2017 then all downhill. Sad really because he had some moves

Personally I think Deano had a dog of a year. He was a fringe player and as a fringe player at his age you just can't have a bad year. Even at NEAFL level, wwhere he should have been getting 30-40 disposals, he was not great. He was ok but not great. He had a reasonable 2016 and a good 2017 then all downhill. Sad really because he had some moves

Seems our mob is always fond of the unco cult hero. Who will inherit the mantle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back