Past Dean 'The Difference' Towers - delisted 2018. COMING SOON - The Festival of Deano

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends on how much his age counts, if Deano was only a 21 year old third year player then he is tracking ok

I dunno thought his last months were good, but last fortnight average, unlucky to go on the eve of finals, but he has never cemented the spot either,

Mcglynn took towers spot really

Agreed and you'd be a game man to drop him after a 5.0 20disp game. Heeney, Papley and I guess Hewett are the other options and all better for what they offer than Towers. He is probably next in should a forward go down but he is not really in a discussion to replace Cunningham unless we want to change the structure which does not seem a wise move.

I would definitely consider Mills for Cunningham though and keep Marsh in who also has some toe, this maintains our defensive structure.

Agreed and you'd be a game man to drop him after a 5.0 20disp game. Heeney, Papley and I guess Hewett are the other options and all better for what they offer than Towers. He is probably next in should a forward go down but he is not really in a discussion to replace Cunningham unless we want to change the structure which does not seem a wise move.

I would definitely consider Mills for Cunningham though and keep Marsh in who also has some toe, this maintains our defensive structure.

Yep agreed

Cunningham out for mills or marsh out for mills is my guess

Towers only chance is if Rohan or XR got injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a good run for a couple of months but against North and to a lesser extent St Kilda just faded out a little. Felt like he wasn't as aggressive at the ball or as confident when he had it. So it may be a good time for him to reset, just give him a rest then play in the NEAFL final and be ready to come in if needed. Guys on the fringe in the team like McGlynn will know they need to perform to hold their spot.

Based off pure individual output, Towers' form has been far better than Cunningham's but the thing Harry playing off half back has done is free up McVeigh to play up the ground more these past few weeks, and as a result McVeigh's form seems to have improved.

Injury cover at best.

For mine, he just has no feel for the game. I seriously find it difficult to imagine him as best 22 lock on any list. Maybe the tiges.... not sure that qualifies as a list, and of course if he found his way into Brad Scott's good books he could become a 300 gamer

Agree.

With Deano, for Sydney players, tackling is a core accountability.

If we are to win the flag then we need an in form Cunningham in the team for his pace & ability to run forward for a goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back