Past Dean 'The Difference' Towers - delisted 2018. COMING SOON - The Festival of Deano

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing a lot of spuds at Geelong and North these days. Simply get by because their top 6 carries them through every game. If any one of those top 6 fail to perform, they lose, every time.

I actually think this is the case for the entire finals with the exception of GWS. Its why I actually hate the fact that weve got them in the QF as I think they are a very good chance of going all the way until the GF.

Its our top six that is carrying us through a fair bit as well. Every team has a fair number of role players and that is how it is supposed to work.

Always goes back to the 2014 GF; where we only had 2 competent players all day. But Benny was definitely the one to single out. /s

Can't have a discussion about McGlynn without "yeah, but 2014".

Last edited:
Always goes back to the 2014 GF; where we only had 2 competent players all day. But Benny was definitely the one to single out.

Can't have a discussion about McGlynn without "yeah, but 2014".

True

But cant have a discussion without him being the one who missed out on a flag

Just play like the weekend thats all i want, his mongrel and endevour up and about

At time he has looked gone this year

I actually think this is the case for the entire finals with the exception of GWS. Its why I actually hate the fact that weve got them in the QF as I think they are a very good chance of going all the way until the GF.

Its our top six that is carrying us through a fair bit as well. Every team has a fair number of role players and that is how it is supposed to work.
They are, there's no doubt about that, but it's also the middle 10 that are dragging us through as well. When Franklin couldn't get a goal, or even get near it, it was the midfield and the lesser lights keeping the scoreboard ticking over, and players like Aliir Aliir and Mills keeping us in games.

So while we rely heavily on our top 6, we also rely quite heavily on the entire team performing well with minimal passengers. Teams like Hawthorn, Geelong and West Coast have managed to cruise through at times simply because their top 6 has been unstoppable, or their talent has exceeded any of their opponents.

well, he tried. The last game of the year, and he is watching from the stands. Kudos Deano, an unrequited love..I shall now change my avatar
He might be in the sprint ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't get anything for Towers and I'll be surprised if he's drafted again by any club.

Can't move on Almost yet. Probably lose Nankervis since he can't get a game.

Naismith is one injury away from Nankervis being a best 22 player. If Nankervis was a betting man, given Naismith's history, he'd stick around. Not to mention Tippett.

If Nankervis was still behind Sinclair, then it would be mad for him not to move. But now he's apparently ahead in the pecking order, it makes a lot more sense for him to stay and compete for his spot, if for no other reason than to increase his value and likelihood of getting games elsewhere in 2018 or beyond.

Thoughts on moving Towers into the midfield if he re-signs?
Our midfield is undersized and slow, he addresses both those problems.
If he works hard and applies himself, no reason why it can't happen.
*waits for abuse*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back