Deaneus

Remove this Banner Ad

My fatigue is up and down, my sleep is crazy from the "medication" [ ;) ], my sense of smell might have improved (??), vision isn't anywhere near as bad, I can't legally drive until September, walking around is like being very slightly drunk ...
So .... status quo, then? :think:
:D
I'm having a glass of my own "medication" :drunk: with dinner (tincture of Wildus Turkeymus dissolved in not-much Coke), chuckling at the many replies/posts and your great soh. *Cheers!* to you, mate!

Who would’ve known refusing to grow up would come back to bite you in the arse? :D

You made my wife laugh and laugh

:thumbsu:
Made me wonder if deaneus got it from the Bolivar Hotel steak sanger shack:
View attachment 887243

Seaview Chicken & Fish for the win

Every ingredient was 10/10, the sauces were sumptuous, the extra bacon 🥓 was crispy, and the texture of the toast as my first meal out of hospital was sublime

Check my name friend. I quit the mod team so that I could concentrate on my health. You'll get no bans from me!

New wife and I recreated the scene from "The IT Crowd" S01E01 "The Work Outing" and I would just say "I'm disabled" and zing the bed up and down, it made the same sound and wife was howling/snorting with laughter. Bloody brilliant.

It was the Memorial Hospital next to the W&CH, and the staff took great pains to tell me they overhauled the menu six months prior. I ate like a KING. Here's the Mexican Buddha Bowl I got for lunch on Tuesday - don't tell me that doesn't look good

View attachment 887136
What flavor Icecream is that?

Great to hear you got some good news mate.
Keep it that way!

Last edited:
Bloody great end of the week news that the operation was a success.

Now tumorless but never humourless!

Best of luck with recovery through to full strength.

Sadly I’ve been told it can’t be removed with surgery without... you get the idea, so it’s still there

But, the *very* strange histology may mean we successfully shoot the hell out of out with lasers or whatever

Sadly I’ve been told it can’t be removed with surgery without... you get the idea, so it’s still there

But, the *very* strange histology may mean we successfully shoot the hell out of out with lasers or whatever
They put mini sharks with laser beams inside your head

Hello everybody!

Okay, an update for all you people wondering if I'm alive: yes

I got through the surgery fine, though it was disconcerting after when the nurses said things like, "you made it!" and the doctor was quietly surprised i still had my legs.

I was knocked out for 5 hours and I have a big banana-shaped scar behind my left ear, Dr Stevo took a lot of biopsy materials, it was great fun for everyone. Also, catheters. Wow. The hospital was great, the food was great, would do again 5 stars.

Then we spent a few days waiting for results - it kept getting pushed back because (of course) I had to be different. The doctor straight up asked us both "Deaneus the magnificent, would you consider yourself unusual?" (i'm not making this up).

It turns out the tumor is in a weird place where normally only children get them. In the *rare* cases adults get them there, it's a case of "go home and rest and say goodbye to everyone" but mine isn't doing that either, so all the doctors are googling around the world to see if anyone's had this. Meanwhile he's ordered extra tests on the biopsies to find out what the hell is going on. Without going into it further, it all adds up to the prognosis being a lot better than before!

Meanwhile, they let me go home, so the new wife picked me up and we laughed and danced in the car on the way home, narrowly avoiding that driver who didn't believe in one-way streets, and I got home yesterday about 12. I've been resting since, and we made the NBN appointment we set for 3pm yesterday before all this started, and I had the *greatest steak sandwich* I've ever had in my life. My God that was a good sandwich.

My fatigue is up and down, my sleep is crazy from the medication, my sense of smell might have improved (??), vision isn't anywhere near as bad, I can't legally drive until September, walking around is like being very slightly drunk, and otherwise I'm okay. I don't feel ill, I'm doing well.

I've tried to keep up with your messages and stuff, I will text and email and call you all, we can do visitors soon in small doses. I get tired quickly so it's a bit tough but yeah text and emails are good too. I might be able to manage calls soon, let's play it by ear.

The biggest thank yous go to my new wife for everything she did (the best part was when she held my hand to stop me being scared) and
All_In (party organisation and general support and being my best mate) and Linda (secret wedding organiser extraordinaire). I want to thank all of you for your kind words and messages which gave me strength on Friday morning as I wheeled into the operating theatre, they helped a lot. I could feel your love shielding me from harm. Also, the drugs knocked me out cold!

Lastly, only I could get a rare brain tumor during a global economic crisis caused by a pandemic not seen in scale for 100 years so that I could watch the collapse of the American empire livestreamed on Twitter. It's so on-brand it's almost embarrassing.

Love you all - don't forget to tell your loved ones that you love them, make them laugh, and give them a hug

I'll keep you all updated
deaneus
So it was all a big aiof/red mist ruse just so you could get a steak sandwich. I knew it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello everybody!

I got through the surgery fine, though it was disconcerting after when the nurses said things like, "you made it!" and the doctor was quietly surprised i still had my legs.

I was knocked out for 5 hours and I have a big banana-shaped scar behind my left ear, Dr Stevo took a lot of biopsy materials, it was great fun for everyone. Also, catheters. Wow. The hospital was great, the food was great, would do again 5 stars.

Then we spent a few days waiting for results - it kept getting pushed back because (of course) I had to be different. The doctor straight up asked us both "Deaneus the magnificent, would you consider yourself unusual?" (i'm not making this up).

It turns out the tumor is in a weird place where normally only children get them. In the *rare* cases adults get them there, it's a case of "go home and rest and say goodbye to everyone" but mine isn't doing that either, so all the doctors are googling around the world to see if anyone's had this. Meanwhile he's ordered extra tests on the biopsies to find out what the hell is going on. Without going into it further, it all adds up to the prognosis being a lot better than before!

Meanwhile, they let me go home, so the new wife picked me up and we laughed and danced in the car on the way home, narrowly avoiding that driver who didn't believe in one-way streets, and I got home yesterday about 12. I've been resting since, and we made the NBN appointment we set for 3pm yesterday before all this started, and I had the *greatest steak sandwich* I've ever had in my life. My God that was a good sandwich.

My fatigue is up and down, my sleep is crazy from the medication, my sense of smell might have improved (??), vision isn't anywhere near as bad, I can't legally drive until September, walking around is like being very slightly drunk, and otherwise I'm okay. I don't feel ill, I'm doing well.

I've tried to keep up with your messages and stuff, I will text and email and call you all, we can do visitors soon in small doses. I get tired quickly so it's a bit tough but yeah text and emails are good too. I might be able to manage calls soon, let's play it by ear.

The biggest thank yous go to my new wife for everything she did (the best part was when she held my hand to stop me being scared) and
All_In (party organisation and general support and being my best mate) and Linda (secret wedding organiser extraordinaire). I want to thank all of you for your kind words and messages which gave me strength on Friday morning as I wheeled into the operating theatre, they helped a lot. I could feel your love shielding me from harm. Also, the drugs knocked me out cold!

Lastly, only I could get a rare brain tumor during a global economic crisis caused by a pandemic not seen in scale for 100 years so that I could watch the collapse of the American empire livestreamed on Twitter. It's so on-brand it's almost embarrassing.

Love you all - don't forget to tell your loved ones that you love them, make them laugh, and give them a hug

deaneus
Absolutely amazing news mate! Best possible news to wake up to.
I can't legally drive until September
This is a worryingly specific sentence...

Nah mate awesome awesome news, keep on fighting mate and it's amazing to hear from you again! Looking forward to beating you in werewolf one day in the near distant future ;)

Hello everybody!

deaneus
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Does your new wife know of your criminal background and what a Qooty star you are?

She’s the criminal mastermind behind it all

I should call her Keyser Soze

Hello everybody!

deaneus

Great to hear that the surgery went well and the prognosis is looking more positive.

Last year had a parent who also went through major neurosurgery for a tumour and it was probably the most frightening experience I've ever been through. Just yesterday was notified that a 6 month followup scan came back clear, so here's hoping you'll also have good news in the future too.

*I want to thank all of you for your kind words and messages which gave me strength on Friday morning as I wheeled into the operating theatre, they helped a lot. I could feel your love shielding me from harm.

**Lastly, only I could get a rare brain tumor during a global economic crisis caused by a pandemic not seen in scale for 100 years so that I could watch the collapse of the American empire livestreamed on Twitter. It's so on-brand it's almost embarrassing.

***Love you all - don't forget to tell your loved ones that you love them, make them laugh, and give them a hug

deaneus
* That was really nice ❤️
** That made me pmsl 🤣
*** That was really nice again 🙂

Good onya deaneus keep punching on and smiling 👍🏻

Hello everybody!

deaneus
BEST...CROWS BOARD UPDATE...EVER!

deaneus, I haven't been on here for a little while, and was in kind of shock to read the OP of this thread. But in loving memory of you, I've read the entire epic thread of well wishes! My faith in humanity has been temporarily rekindled! There are likely more challenges ahead and I wish you all the best, mate!

PS. remember to get some good rest (at least until a week post-op), and don't stay up too late reading BF posts!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back