Deaneus

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
BEST...CROWS BOARD UPDATE...EVER!

deaneus, I haven't been on here for a little while, and was in kind of shock to read the OP of this thread. But in loving memory of you, I've read the entire epic thread of well wishes! My faith in humanity has been temporarily rekindled! There are likely more challenges ahead and I wish you all the best, mate!

PS. remember to get some good rest (at least until a week post-op), and don't stay up too late reading BF posts!

Thanks mate for the kind words. Yeah, even if you're not me, it's a pretty nice faith-in-humanity thread, huh?

My new wife has already yelled at me because I'm doing things around the house I shouldn't, but for a change I'm taking it seriously (or as seriously as I take anything) and I'm listening and resting and making smart choices.

As for

don't stay up too late reading BF posts!

the steroid I'm on to reduce brain swelling seems to have a few side effects, being

- my mouth's natural resting state tastes like wholemeal bread
- i get the hiccups randomly
- sleep is crazy. yesterday i fell asleep at 8.30pm, slept til midnight, then was awake until 5.30am, then slept until 7am, and I've been up since!

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
Pretty cool having a wife now too right, great sentence starter?

images.jpeg

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Cool, this is really great news that you’re up about Deaneus. The humor with which you’ve handled this, life changing experience, is something I’ll be putting in the memory bank, for latter use.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
From Kym Ryder
Hope this uploads

I will contact the club to say thank you, I assume you have some sort of relationship with him - please tell him thank you for me as well? Every bit helped.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Interesting to see so many well-wishes and messages of support from posters from other clubs and places

I didn't realise that you frequented so many other boards Deaneus!

It's like I just found out that you've been cheating on us

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Interesting to see so many well-wishes and messages of support from posters from other clubs and places

You were always my first love, I just needed to find myself too

I wanted to talk footy, but sometimes I wanted to talk politics or chess or fake werewolves as well

I've particularly enjoyed the little battle the two of you have had to be the "funny" mod, leaving relapse to be the bad cop.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
brucetiki feels very left out by this post

I've always felt FR0GGY to be the funniest person on the board. Drugs Are Bad Mackay? is up there at #2 probably
Drugs as CarlSpackler was funny. Drugs, not so much. There's a few funny posters.. yeah, agree with Froggy, Dude(whateverhisnumber is) is a hoot. You have your moments. ;)

If Deaneus! ever does a Tribey & swaps out to the darkside, we know he is in a really, really bad way...

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
I've particularly enjoyed the little battle the two of you have had to be the "funny" mod, leaving relapse to be the bad cop.

Looks like I'm going to have to work on my humour to fill the void until Deaneus! returns !!!

Drugs as CarlSpackler was funny. Drugs, not so much. There's a few funny posters.. yeah, agree with Froggy, Dude(whateverhisnumber is) is a hoot. You have your moments. ;)

Those Burton gifs last year were quality. At least the club is continuing to give dude316 new material to work with

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Last edited:
Hello everybody!

Okay, an update for all you people wondering if I'm alive: yes

I got through the surgery fine, though it was disconcerting after when the nurses said things like, "you made it!" and the doctor was quietly surprised i still had my legs.

I was knocked out for 5 hours and I have a big banana-shaped scar behind my left ear, Dr Stevo took a lot of biopsy materials, it was great fun for everyone. Also, catheters. Wow. The hospital was great, the food was great, would do again 5 stars.

Then we spent a few days waiting for results - it kept getting pushed back because (of course) I had to be different. The doctor straight up asked us both "Deaneus the magnificent, would you consider yourself unusual?" (i'm not making this up).

It turns out the tumor is in a weird place where normally only children get them. In the *rare* cases adults get them there, it's a case of "go home and rest and say goodbye to everyone" but mine isn't doing that either, so all the doctors are googling around the world to see if anyone's had this. Meanwhile he's ordered extra tests on the biopsies to find out what the hell is going on. Without going into it further, it all adds up to the prognosis being a lot better than before!

Meanwhile, they let me go home, so the new wife picked me up and we laughed and danced in the car on the way home, narrowly avoiding that driver who didn't believe in one-way streets, and I got home yesterday about 12. I've been resting since, and we made the NBN appointment we set for 3pm yesterday before all this started, and I had the *greatest steak sandwich* I've ever had in my life. My God that was a good sandwich.

My fatigue is up and down, my sleep is crazy from the medication, my sense of smell might have improved (??), vision isn't anywhere near as bad, I can't legally drive until September, walking around is like being very slightly drunk, and otherwise I'm okay. I don't feel ill, I'm doing well.

I've tried to keep up with your messages and stuff, I will text and email and call you all, we can do visitors soon in small doses. I get tired quickly so it's a bit tough but yeah text and emails are good too. I might be able to manage calls soon, let's play it by ear.

The biggest thank yous go to my new wife for everything she did (the best part was when she held my hand to stop me being scared) and
All_In (party organisation and general support and being my best mate) and Linda (secret wedding organiser extraordinaire). I want to thank all of you for your kind words and messages which gave me strength on Friday morning as I wheeled into the operating theatre, they helped a lot. I could feel your love shielding me from harm. Also, the drugs knocked me out cold!

Lastly, only I could get a rare brain tumor during a global economic crisis caused by a pandemic not seen in scale for 100 years so that I could watch the collapse of the American empire livestreamed on Twitter. It's so on-brand it's almost embarrassing.

Love you all - don't forget to tell your loved ones that you love them, make them laugh, and give them a hug

I'll keep you all updated
deaneus

Very glad to see you came thru, even if I did learn my empire has fallen. I was under the impression we were great again damnit.

In all seriousness, great news. Hang in there mate and nobody can ever question your true toughness.

Back