Dear Alan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Alan (and Heath),

Thanks to you and your stupidity my 7 year old son now has a broken heart (and I'm sure many other kids out there too) as he worships you as a football God.

My son watches endless videos of you on youtube, he mimmicks your actions, and wears a Collingwood jumper with number 4 on the back every day.

After all the s**t hit the fan yesterday he was in tears before school and distraught over the whole affair. He's a bright kid and fully understands what is going on. This whole fiasco has brought ridicule upon our club that children don't fail to notice. He was still tearing up last night and is visibly fragile and I can assure you that this is a normally robust kid.

There is now talk of you being traded and this fills him with dread. You see, he still loves you.

Next time you are on the verge of doing something idiotic, please take some time out to think about all the people, including young children, who look up to you. Not only do you have a responsibilty to your team mates and club, you have a responsibilty to all us supporters who make the club what it is.

Yours sincerely

Kirby

Yeah, I agree e-mail it through.

Hopefully it gets passed along to Dids, he needs all the support he can get at the moment.

Dear Alan (and Heath),

Thanks to you and your stupidity my 7 year old son now has a broken heart (and I'm sure many other kids out there too) as he worships you as a football God.

My son watches endless videos of you on youtube, he mimmicks your actions, and wears a Collingwood jumper with number 4 on the back every day.

After all the s**t hit the fan yesterday he was in tears before school and distraught over the whole affair. He's a bright kid and fully understands what is going on. This whole fiasco has brought ridicule upon our club that children don't fail to notice. He was still tearing up last night and is visibly fragile and I can assure you that this is a normally robust kid.

There is now talk of you being traded and this fills him with dread. You see, he still loves you.

Next time you are on the verge of doing something idiotic, please take some time out to think about all the people, including young children, who look up to you. Not only do you have a responsibilty to your team mates and club, you have a responsibilty to all us supporters who make the club what it is.

Yours sincerely

Kirby
4 gods' sake stop sooking will you? They're footballers FFS, that's what a great % of footballers do. It's reality. If you want to protect your precious son from reality, send him to a monastery or something.
Get real, there are people starving and being bombed to pieces all over the world. I save my sympathy for them.

4 gods' sake stop sooking will you? They're footballers FFS, that's what a great % of footballers do. It's reality. If you want to protect your precious son from reality, send him to a monastery or something.
Get real, there are people starving and being bombed to pieces all over the world. I save my sympathy for them.
How is what I said sooking?

It's a little slice of reality (and a different perspective) that is overlooked in all this crap.

Do you think that my 7 year old should be actively concerning himself with bombings?

At least I now know what makes you tick.

I kind of agree, its not exactly the players fault more the media. Yeh sure the players do it but so what, Didak didn't do much so u can't be upset at that, i'd be upset about how the media are against Didak.

It's a little slice of reality (and a different perspective) that is overlooked in all this crap.

Do you think that my 7 year old should be actively concerning himself with bombings?

It is sooking pretty much, a lot of AFL today is to please everyone including women, children and people who don't like footall.

Most little kids cry about things pretty easily and hurting a kids feelings isn't the worst thing in the world. Blaming Didak for this all is stupid and really im sick of it.

I can understand you to be angry or upset with Didak because your son is devastated by it but really its more the media fault on the influence of kids.

My words may seem a bit harsh, but your public words against AD are much harsher and frankly p me off royally. I'm sure you are sincere in your own way but I see it for what it is - basically self-righteous, self-indulgent sanctimony from the depths of sheltered goody-goody land.
Maybe if you get out in the real world occasionally....

You've got some serious issues buddy.

Dear Kirby,

Please raise your own kids and stop thinking others will do it for you.

JWilde

P.S. I used to be a teacher and it's people like you that make me sick. If you haven't enough sense to realise to tell your kid that he should admire footballers for being footballers and footballers alone, then you shouldn't have had any.
Spend the time with him and show and tell him about some real heroes.
The television and teachers are not meant to do it for you.

It must be said that having footballers as role models is fraught with danger, but you can't tell a kid not to love his favourite footy players, it's bloody impossible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My words may seem a bit harsh, but your public words against AD are much harsher and frankly p me off royally. I'm sure you are sincere in your own way but I see it for what it is - basically self-righteous, self-indulgent sanctimony from the depths of sheltered goody-goody land.
Maybe if you get out in the real world occasionally....
All I said was that Didak has greater responsibilties than he perhaps realises. He thinks (if indeed he does) only of himself.

I'd love for you to point out my harsh words against him?

I live in the same cold, hard world as everyone else. It seems pretty real to me. I would suggest that you be a bit more concerned with where you are at.

I agree with Somebody, they are footballers, they shouldn't be heroes. If your child worships them as heroes, then its their own fault. Go tell him who the real heroes are and s**t happens.

As others have said, these guys are not there to serve as role models or teachers, they're there to play football. By all means, let your son or daughter admire and try to emulate their footballing exploits, but never allow them to believe that they are perfect members of society. (I doubt any of us can honestly say we are perfect citizens in any case) Just because Dids stuffed up, it does not mean that he should face the wrath of indignant parents who believe that it should be up to footballers to act as role models.

We all grow up idolising certain people, but at some stage we come to the realisation that they are not perfect, they have flaws of their own just like you and I. You say your son is a bright lad, he'll come to this realisation soon enough, and be a better person for it. In the meantime, I suggest that you stop looking to the football field for perfect citizens and stop allowing your children to build up unrealistic expectations of these people.

Dear Kirby,

JWilde

P.S. I used to be a teacher and it's people like you that make me sick. If you haven't enough sense to realise to tell your kid that he should admire footballers for being footballers and footballers alone, then you shouldn't have had any.
Dear jasonwilde,

It is abundantly evident why you "used to be a teacher" which indeed is a lofty standard.

Who are you to give me advice? I'd love you to point out where I indicated that he was anything other than a football hero to my son? FFS he is just 7 years old and loves the Pies and loves Didak. Thankfully, he has parents and other family who are excellent role models for the way he should live his life .

What you fail to acknowledge is that Didak's and Shaw's lies brought themselves and our great club an enormous amount of public shame. You can blame the media, you can call people too PC, but the reality is that it all gets back to the lies.

The constant ridicule of the club on tv, radio and in print has some effect dont you think? How do you think a 7 year old sees this? You, oh great teacher, SHOULD know this.

Now go away and be sick.

Dear Kirby,

JWilde

thats a bit harsh ....

i remember asa little tacker hearing about Peter Hudsons knee and bawling my eyes out (yes i am old)

You can teach them about all sorts of heroes, but realistically kids levitate to there sporting ones, nothing to do with bad parenting, just the way it is

I hope Didak and Shaw stay at Collingwood and have great seasons next year, they owe it to there teamates and the coach/President/supporters and dare i say it the little broken hearted 7 year olds

I agree with Somebody, they are footballers, they shouldn't be heroes. If your child worships them as heroes, then its their own fault. Go tell him who the real heroes are and s**t happens.
Oh yeah, I'll make all his decisons for him. I'll pick all his heroes and tell him who to like and who not to. Go bury your head in the sand with someone, wild & co.

Dear Kirby,

JWilde

I always knew that teachers sucked :rolleyes:

So did Jason Wild... so two for one!

As others have said, these guys are not there to serve as role models or teachers, they're there to play football. By all means, let your son or daughter admire and try to emulate their footballing exploits, but never allow them to believe that they are perfect members of society. (I doubt any of us can honestly say we are perfect citizens in any case) Just because Dids stuffed up, it does not mean that he should face the wrath of indignant parents who believe that it should be up to footballers to act as role models.

We all grow up idolising certain people, but at some stage we come to the realisation that they are not perfect, they have flaws of their own just like you and I. You say your son is a bright lad, he'll come to this realisation soon enough, and be a better person for it. In the meantime, I suggest that you stop looking to the football field for perfect citizens and stop allowing your children to build up unrealistic expectations of these people.
Oh for Chrissakes, I was writing the letter from my child's perspective. Is that hard to understand? It seems it is.

Who said anything about him having to be a role model? Who said he doesn't have good role models?

I said he was passionate about the Pies and loves Dids as his favourite player. Like or not, the lies of Didak (and Shaw) have led to enormous ridicule that have upset my son. It is just the truth.

Look, I really really appreciate all the parenting advice from you lot. :rolleyes:

That letter is definately worthy to be sent to the CFC.

Who the hell are you guys to be telling kirby how to raise his son??

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/TheClub/ContacttheClub/tabid/8197/default.aspx

Hopefully it gets to Didak and he realises that his actions not only affect himself, but all those around him, whether he knows them personally or not.

thats a bit harsh ....

i remember asa little tacker hearing about Peter Hudsons knee and bawling my eyes out (yes i am old)

You can teach them about all sorts of heroes, but realistically kids levitate to there sporting ones, nothing to do with bad parenting, just the way it is

I hope Didak and Shaw stay at Collingwood and have great seasons next year, they owe it to there teamates and the coach/President/supporters and dare i say it the little broken hearted 7 year olds
Thanks mate.

I hope they stay too. :thumbsu:

Dear Alan (and Heath),

Yours sincerely

Kirby

Man , get some perspective. Didak is a footballer who lied. Explain to your son that his hero made a mistake, is paying the penalty, and get on with his life. Explain to your son that whoever he might idolise in life is a human and therefore capable of making a mistake.

There are also mistakes and mistakes.

We have an ex-Pm who led us into a deliberately false war that led to the slaughter of over 500,000 men, women and children AND some of these outraged,self righteous individuals calling for Didak's sacking still voted for the war criminal. Perspective, for God's sake. Perspective!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back