Dear Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

So glad you guys got up tonight. A Sydney v GWS grand final would have held no interest whatsoever other than a vague curiosity about who has the better academy. Now your boys are in I've got someone I can actually get behind! You guys have had more than your share of heartbreak and frustration over the years - time to break the drought just like Sydney and Geelong did last decade!

If ever a team deserved to make a GF it's the Dogs. The club and fans have more than done the hard yards over the years. A superb effort that left me speechless tonight. Enjoy the week and all the very best next week. Remember Leicester City were 5000-1 to win the Premier League last season so anything is possible.

How sweet it is ... congrats guys. Good luck in the big one ... do it for yourselves, do it for the real bulldog supporters who have bled for the club some for generations. Pregnancies rose in Geelong in 2007 after the premiership win by 35%, there are a disproportionate amount of 8 year olds down the cats way. I trust if the Doggies are successful that you will all go home and have a quiet cup of tea ...

Dear Bulldogs,

Thank you, just thank you.

Thank you for allowing me to put to bed the horrors of past prelims, thank you for giving it 100 per cent week after week and never giving an inch.

Thank you for brightening up my day, week, year for more than 30 years. Thank you Bevo and PG for bringing our club back to life on and off field, thank you to each and every one of our players for making a grown man deliriously happy.

I feel like I did as a kid on Christmas morning.

Thank you Dogs, but let's go one more step. Just one more.

Sincerely

DR

Last edited:
I was pissed off we lost to you 3 weeks ago but you guys thoroughly deserve your grand final spot. Have been the better side in all 3 of your finals

What happens happens next Saturday but there isn't a football supporter that would begrudge your team a victory

Good luck and I hope your team wins and all you Bulldogs supporters get to celebrate the mother of all victories

HzsG8Xm.jpg

Please, please win.

I'm not one to cheer for other teams once mine is out, but this year is different.

I will be on the Doggies, they've managed to knock out one AFL love child, now for the 2nd.

However it will be also awesome to see all the long suffering supporters see their team win a GF.

Let's hope they can step up one more time for you all.

Last edited:
Time can be a horrible mistress. It can leave you standing around waiting for something to happen. It can show you glimpses of glory or what could've been been. It can make you go through the pain and heartbreak of almost seeing your club fold not once but twice. Then one day a group of people stand up and say NO MORE and change the course of history. History be damned! Well.......last night your moment arrived. After all that waiting, you took your chances and grabbed it. One of the best games of footy played, a credit to both teams, but the right team won. Glory awaits! Woof Woof!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick question guys. How many of the 22 who played last night played in the VFL premiership a couple of years ago?

Reason I ask is I was thinking about our rise to power, and can remember when we won the VFL flag in 2002, we had the likes of Ablett, Bartel, Chapman, Hunt, S.Johnson and Kelly running around, and 5 years later those 6 players played in the AFL premiership. Can see a similar road ahead for you guys. :thumbsu:

Quick question guys. How many of the 22 who played last night played in the VFL premiership a couple of years ago?

Reason I ask is I was thinking about our rise to power, and can remember when we won the VFL flag in 2002, we had the likes of Ablett, Bartel, Chapman, Hunt, S.Johnson and Kelly running around, and 5 years later those 6 players played in the AFL premiership. Can see a similar road ahead for you guys. :thumbsu:
Dickson and Johannisen

Redpath is injured (ACL) and couldn't be selected for the PF. Honeychurch and Campbell were not selected for the PF, but will play in 2016 VFL GF today along with Jong who is returning from broken collarbone.

Thank you Doggies for give me a reason to watch the granny b/c a swans gws G/F i would not have bothered now break the AFL heart and win the thing go dogs.

In the 80's the Western Oval was just a short bus ride away so in order to watch VFL footy live, this Pies fan watched the Dogs live more times than his beloved Pies.
No matter what round or time of the game, if the Dogs were beating a more fancied opponent (as they often did at the WO), the old stalwarts would cry "Caaaaaarn Scraaaaaaaaaay" and then turn to one another and vow that this was the year. That was 30 odd years ago and a lot of the older people I got know would probably be in their 70's 80's and 90's, some not with us any longer.
Hopefully the Whitten Oval will be pumping and the cup is getting passed from one frail hand to another during the celebrations.

I know the Saints and Dogs have had our differences - The 09/10 prelims, the main forum war between Defacto and Man of Clay, the race to a 2nd flag - but when we really look at it this hatred comes from a place of fraternal hazing.

Our 2 clubs are so alike and have such a similiar history of being so close and yet so far. We see each others successes and say "Why not us too?"

Well next week I wont be thinking about us. I wont be hoping your club gets torn down so that I can point and laugh. I will be cheering you on as though the blue in that jumper was a black as night.

**** Boyd's contract.
**** Billings v Bont.
**** Stringer v Membrey.

Just please, please win this premiership and give the other underdogs some hope that it really can be done.

Carn the Doggies!!!
You'll be there soon enough and providing it's not against us, I'll be cheering you on like crazy.
Thanks for the support

Remove this Banner Ad

Back