Dear New Balance

Remove this Banner Ad

Just held the jumper up to a light and they are rebadged 'old' jumpers with the old sponsor on the back and nothing on the front with the stickers added to update it. Which is fine except the way they were promoted I thought they would be new guernseys.

Well, at least your wearing (I assume) the same jumper as worn by the team. :thumbs:

Seriously though, to redo them would cost an absolute bomb. Surely you'd want it to go towards the footy department instead.

Well, at least your wearing (I assume) the same jumper as worn by the team. :thumbs:

Seriously though, to redo them would cost an absolute bomb. Surely you'd want it to go towards the footy department instead.

Absolutely but when they're charging $100+ you expect better quality. I won't be picking one up if the sponsors are iron on.

Just noticed the Demon Shop are having a 20% off everything sale which lasts until Wednesday 1pm EST.

In celebration of our first win for the season.

Absolutely but when they're charging $100+ you expect better quality. I won't be picking one up if the sponsors are iron on.

Fair enough too. You can understand it though, the lack of quality is simply an extension of the circumstances this year.

In the long run though buy one this year or next, the MFC will welcome it either way.

The "sticker" one could be a valuable collectors edition when you win the flag in 2016 though. :thumbsu:

Fair enough too. You can understand it though, the lack of quality is simply an extension of the circumstances this year.

In the long run though buy one this year or next, the MFC will welcome it either way.

The "sticker" one could be a valuable collectors edition when you win the flag in 2016 though. :thumbsu:

If that happened I reckon the jumper would be ruined after the celebrations I'd be having for the next month.

I'd have just prefered them to be discounted for clearing old stock until genuinely updated ones were manufactured. Anyway, like the scratches on my car, I'm used to the stickers now and they don't bother me so much. Was pretty proud to wear it on Saturday night. :thumbsu:

God almighty, I can't believe we're STILL having this discussion. Memo all: The darker red isn't a screwup.

In case you missed it, the aim of the different shade of red is to return to the colour scheme that the great MFC sides of the 50s and 60s wore. The darker red is quite deliberate, and it's not meant to look like the Essendon guernsey. It's meant to look like Melbourne, and I'm glad it does.

In addition to the darker 'blood' red, the navy blue was to be darkened, and the V on the yoke was lengthened almost to the top of the stomach. If you want the red that Essendon wear, go and follow the Bombers.

I'm aware of what they are trying to achieve and I don't mind a dark red but not when it shines as a hot pink on television. Cameron Schwab specifically referenced this picture as their aim, and we're a fair way from it. Wool and synthetic are very different materials though.

346926_1_M.jpg

I'm aware of what they are trying to achieve and I don't mind a dark red but not when it shines as a hot pink on television. Cameron Schwab specifically referenced this picture as their aim, and we're a fair way from it. Wool and synthetic are very different materials though.

346926_1_M.jpg

Yeah this colour doesn't work on the synthetic material we use. Just need Essendon, St.Kilda or Sydney's red, it works well.

675007398.jpg

Dear New Balance,

If Melbourne needs to have a lighter clash jumper, be more creative. We all know the Demons have a strong connection to the MCC and the formation of Australian Rules as a means of keeping cricketers fit in winter. Why not adopt a unique jumper that not only relates to the club but also has a yoke-like feature to make it clear this is the Melbourne Football Club? Here's my crack at something. Let's throw the idea of a white jumper in the bin, three-quarters of the league has a white jumper of some kind now, embrace the creams!

423894_8a386c49b86f9873112adae96c9a9bb6.png

Last edited:
675007398.jpg

Dear New Balance,

If Melbourne needs to have a lighter clash jumper, be more creative. We all know the Demons have a strong connection to the MCC and the formation of Australian Rules as a means of keeping cricketers fit in winter. Why not adopt a unique jumper that not only relates to the club but also has a yoke-like feature to make it clear this is the Melbourne Football Club? Here's my crack at something. Let's throw the idea of a white jumper in the bin, three-quarters of the league has a white jumper of some kind now, embrace the creams!

and baggy red/blue caps for MCC/MFC members

(Log in to remove this ad.)

675007398.jpg

Dear New Balance,

Love it. Got a really nice golden age look to it.

Inside word or a prediction?

That'd be pretty funny given it's a similar colour to North's blue, and their white on blue strip is considered their "dark" guernsey
Inside word. Have seen the wholesale forward order catalogues for retailers. Only two jumpers that had pictures were the traditional game day and the light blue clash.

No pics of training tops.

Inside word. Have seen the wholesale forward order catalogues for retailers. Only two jumpers that had pictures were the traditional game day and the light blue clash.

Awesome! That will be amazing!

I did think at the time that we released our current clash that is basically just a poor training guernsey that perhaps we had something much, much better in the pipeline that couldn't be used this year for whatever reason.

The carry on about Richmond wearing their clash in the GF also highlighted that we need to do something about it ASAP, least we be stuck with our current piece of crap in a premiership photo (long bow I know, but better to be safe than sorry)

675007398.jpg

Dear New Balance,

I really love this. nice work.

Kinda like this look?

24qk8xc.jpg

Or this attachment?

Attachments

• MCF baby blue clash.jpg
    MCF baby blue clash.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back