Dear oh dear

Remove this Banner Ad

really? where abouts?
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-23...r-missing-out-on-bryce-gibbs-says-kane-cornes

Meanwhile, AFL.com.au understands the Crows are close to finalising a contract extension for young key forward Harry Dear.

The 20-year-old was the 58th overall pick in the 2014 draft and showed promising signs in the SANFL this year.

Dear has had to bide his time behind captain Taylor Walker, Josh Jenkins, Tom Lynch and Mitch McGovern, but is seen as a quality long-term prospect.

It automatically downloads every TV show I watch as soon as the episodes air. I practically run my own private streaming service just for me
Bravo sir, this is genius.

Is this something you'd care to share with those of us who aren't clever enough to set it up for ourselves?

Bravo sir, this is genius.

Is this something you'd care to share with those of us who aren't clever enough to set it up for ourselves?
Look up something called show RSS.
Most torrent clients have RSS readers built in with automatic file sorting...

Not that I'd know...

Realistically though, outside of injuries to Tex or JJ, who is he going to push out of the team?

We're not going to drop our captain, JJ just a 5 year deal on big $$$ and I can't see us playing all 3 in the same team. So, unfortunately, Dear is only going to get a game if one of those 2 gets injured or JJ's form drops like a rock (and he's been almost an automatic selection for 2-3 years now).

Realistically though, outside of injuries to Tex or JJ, who is he going to push out of the team?

We're not going to drop our captain, JJ just a 5 year deal on big $$$ and I can't see us playing all 3 in the same team. So, unfortunately, Dear is only going to get a game if one of those 2 gets injured or JJ's form drops like a rock (and he's been almost an automatic selection for 2-3 years now).
He just needs to be retained in a succession plan - same as ROB.

He's a KPF at what 20 years of age?

Walker and Jenkins won't be around forever and you can't just go around with no back up.

Even though the midfield drum is beating loud and clear we should remember that our preference last year was to draft a tall but we were out bid.

Our KPP stocks are wafer thin but this seems to go under the radar because our A graders have been in form and injury free.

Walker and Jenkins won't be around forever and you can't just go around with no back up.

Even though the midfield drum is beating loud and clear we should remember that our preference last year was to draft a tall but we were out bid.

Our KPP stocks are wafer thin but this seems to go under the radar because our A graders have been in form and injury free.

Oh, I agree with those sentiments exactly. I'm not saying get rid of him at all. I just feel like sometimes posters on here (not pointing the finger at yourself or anyone in particular) seem to complain that we aren't playing our kids.

That statement has some merit, but not when it comes to young KPF's and our 2 KPF's are currently healthy and performing well.

Oh, I agree with those sentiments exactly. I'm not saying get rid of him at all. I just feel like sometimes posters on here (not pointing the finger at yourself or anyone in particular) seem to complain that we aren't playing our kids.

That statement has some merit, but not when it comes to young KPF's and our 2 KPF's are currently healthy and performing well.
cast your mind back to Jenkins' last four games...

Yes, because 4 games where we were playing him with a bum ankle means we totally ignore his last 18 months previous to that.
there's a point there and you've shot right past it.

Jenkins injured - young, fit, reasonably well performed KPF in the SANFL... I'll let you work the rest out.

Jenkins in form and uninjured is a different proposition of course, Harry not hard done by in the first 18 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROB has one year to go on his current contract. Whether the succession plan that's been put in place for him has any value won't be known until trade period next year. If Sauce plays week in and week out, even when clearly hampered, then I doubt the plan will resemble a success in any meaningful way.

I'm seeing this:
94d0aa46851ab213d0c6ac4423dcfaff.jpg

I dunno what you blokes are even talking about. I have foxtel and that takes cares of all my sporting needs.

Of course, but we didn't do that all year unless the medicos ruled out the player completely, so I'm not sure why people expected the coaches to suddenly change their methods for Jenkins.
of course I didn't "expect" them to drop an injured player but that's hardly the point is it?

of course the beautiful thing for them is that we'll never know what Dear might have done, but I'm still confident he could have at least matched the output of a guy with a bung ankle when that guys entire game revolves around being mobile...

like I've said before, it's piss easy to "guess" what the club is going to do and it's also clear that we don't always make the right decisions - so what better to discuss on a forum for football enthusiasts than what they could be doing differently? You don't need to log on here if you just want to clap the goals through.

I would trade JJ this yr whilst contracted for two first round picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back