leroyeagle

Team Captain
Sep 5, 2007
West
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Football Club
Dear Trevor, cast your mind back a month ago, we snuck into Melbourne after the purple shitshow of the week before, a fledgling no name midfield plus a few old warhorses. Jeeze we were apprehensive of another shellacking but no this plucky youngish team, they ran, they chased, they tackled, attacked, they LEAD, they kicked the bloody ball, they ran forward!? So gutsy, so fearless, so confident, what a win, so proud, we couldn’t believe our own eyes! We had some belief & a glimmer of hope. Ah!

Then Sydney, oh dear. Following up with our buddies Port at our own oval! Port? 😡

So we dragged our sorry asses from all corners of this huge state on a Friday night at peak hour with a skin full from the Camfield under our belts to try & fill the sparkley donut, we held our breath but we were s**t scared!
We suffered the indignity of listening to the Tigers rip roaring song knowing that our god awful reworking was coming up next. We cringed again when the players crept out of the plastic bouncy castle tube & then we were really worried that the over the top smoke mirrors & fireworks was a sneaky attempt to make up for our anticipated flaccid performance.

You know what happened next.

Well, keep up the good work. Just a tip, could you try & send the same team & vibe that worked on the Pies?

Cheers & Up the mighty coasters!

PS
Please give the God Josh a hug from me 👍

Dear Trev,
I did as you asked and turned up to Optus on Friday night, maybe you should have sent the email to the players as well.
Nothing personal but the club seems stale, jaded and in need of some fresh thinking and enthusiasm.
Thanks for your efforts over the long haul but time to put the club first.
Enjoy your retirement.

Regards

Seadog

Dear Trevor,
How come when I type "Trevor nis" into Google I get
  • trevor nisbett
  • Trevor Nisbett
  • trevor nisbett wife
  • trevor nisbett salary

But when I type "Trevor nisb" into Google, I get the same 4 results except the wife and the salary are in reverse order?
What's up with that? What extra special power does that b have?
I just know it's got something to do with the cabal, the great reset, the quantum financial system, and lizard people, and as soon as I put the pieces together I'm blowing the whistle. I'm onto you mate.

Dear Mr T.

I'd like your thoughts on how Hawthorn are travelling atm. They dont have a really great list atm but instead have some backbone. They do have a good young coach who many feel was the sole reason we won in 2018.

What is wrong with the Eagles culture atm? Ever since 2018 our team culture has been terrible. We seem to be a country mile behind teams like the Hawks and Swans. Even Collingwood look more interested than we do.

How do you plan to address this?

Thanks

Long term member.

Dearest Trevor

I am willing to bet my lifetime horde of 42 cases of emu export that we won't get within 50 points of Brisbane next weekend. Fancy a wager?

The Wily Weagle
President of the Baldivis Brumbies

Dear Trevor,
I'm sure the reason for the absence of team spirit is due to doctors orders. They have provided medical certificates, due to work-related loss of desire. Synergy is on leave until further notice. I understand the desire to not go into any details as to the condition as you wish to keep this strictly private. I trust that you are doing your best to work with the players and coach so you can recover, and we will return to glory when fit and able.

Dear Trevor,

When you watch the game and see Clark on a wing and Gaff at the bounce, do you ever think to yourself “That doesn’t seem right?”.

Do you then follow up with a conversation with the coach about this?

Do you feel the club handled the Darling situation in a way that was transparent and fair?

Do you think we have maintained the training and fitness standards that our club was once known and repected for?

Do you subscribe to the “credits in the bank“ theory that Simpson endorses and feel that this inspires young players to strive for excellence knowing they will be rewarded for hard work and effort?

Do you look at the coaches around the league that worked under Simpson and feel they are having success because of his influence, or that you got rid of the wrong people?

So many questions.

When you watch the game and see Clark on a wing and Gaff at the bounce, do you ever think to yourself “That doesn’t seem right?”.

Do you then follow up with a conversation with the coach about this?

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, I'd rather not have the CEO sticking his nose in team selection and list management. Likely to make his son Captain/Coach.

Dear Trevor,
I wrote you but still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not've got 'em
There probably was a problem at the post office or somethin'
Sometimes I scribble addresses, too sloppy when I jot 'em

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Trevor,
Simmo in the boot?

Dear Trevor,

Dear Trev, you still ain't called or wrote, I hope you have a chance
I ain't mad, I just think it's ****ed up you don't answer fans
If you didn't want to talk to me outside Optus, you didn't have to
But you coulda signed an autograph for Matthew
That's my little brother, man, he's only six years old
We waited in the blisterin' cold
For you, for four hours, and you just said no.

Salutations,
Doashuey

6eigfr.jpg

Dear Trevor,

Twenty four years as our CEO is a remarkable achievement. Under your watch we have won two premierships and made 4 grand finals. You have overseen three mini rebuilds through 2000-2001, again during 2008-2010 and after the 2017 season.

Each time the club has needed to make the hard calls we have done so, sometimes a year or so too late but one cannot argue with the results thus far.

After a horrendous two years under Ken Judge during 2000-2001 the club made the hard call and sacked Ken to bring in John Worsfold. We won another premiership in 2006.

After the disaster of 2007 with the Ben Cousins Drug Saga and our Captain, Chris Judd walking out on the club we made further hard calls over the 2008-2010 period moving on players who were not part of the plan moving forward. We rebounded back up the ladder quickly but when it became obvious the time was right after missing the finals in 2013 we said goodbye to Woosha, when he "resigned". We brought in Simmo and after a few hard calls with some of the legends of our team we made another Grand Final in 2015.

We slipped again in the years after and then at the end of 2017 cut the list deep and regenerated the list which rejuvenated the playing group and led to our fourth flag in 2018.

2019 was a disappointment but 2020 and 2021 were mitigated disasters. Now 2022 is turning out to be the worst year our club has ever had.

The time is upon us again to make the hard calls. Yet despite being 1-6 with the worst percentage i have seen in a very long time and almost certainly on our way to 1-8, the reluctance of the club to admit we need to rebuild is worrying. Maybe i'm just struggling to "transition" through this particular stage.

Recent comments from yourself about Rohan O'Brien having the recruiting job for as long as he wants it is extremely vexing. No one should have any job for as long as they want it. Is that really how you see roles within our organization?

We the members, the supporters do not accept mediocrity. We will be patient, we will have faith but we need to see that EVERY role within the club, every player on the list is held to the highest standard and if they are not capable of performing to that standard then West Coast is not the club for them.

Please don't send anymore monthly emails if you're not going to admit the whole organization, including but not limited to management, coaching, list management, draft analysis, fitness, match selection, medicos, ground maintenance & playing list are under the microscope. No jobs for life, no credits in the bank.

If you do not hold the club accountable then who will?

Leadership starts at the top and if you're not prepared to lead then thank you for your service and good luck with your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Growing impatient.

Dear Trevor,

Your son, you know the one that got a gig in our draft day recruiting team.

If he’s not busy, do you think he could be our next head coach? Then maybe just maybe the Nisbett name might actually cop some blame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back