Dear West Coast and Freo, we need to talk.

West Australians: Unwarranted victim mentality?

• Yes, I'm sick of the whinging shits.

• No, they have a legitimate complaint.

• I'm from SA and we're even worse!

• J.Watts loathes politicians exploiting a pandemic for popularity

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The other reason the Perth government missed a trick with the stadium was by not taking advantage of being the 2nd largest 'AFL city'. Adelaide was never building a stadium big enough to host because it's not viable in their market, Brisbane don't draw big footy or cricket attendances, and Sydney were slamming the door shut on Homebush.

If Perth had gone all-in on a larger stadium (one which West Coast could probably fill by 2030) to get a GF, then they'd end up hosting more than their 'share' too because of the other 3 markets who weren't even in the race.
B.S, Victoria (and Eddy) were never going to allow the grand final to be played anywhere else. Perth could have built a 100,000 capacity stadium and Victoria would still pretend it does not exist. Vic gov and AFL equals dirty deeds done dirt cheap. Thats why the deal was done undercover and at night.

For real?
LOL bro, going by the law of averages in your regard then if we would introduce just one more team from WA then we would win the VFL premiership every 4.4 years instead of the average 6.6 years that we do win it now. And that is before they even win a single GAME.

Are you even remotely prepared for that? 🤔

Mate, seriously I couldn't careless how many teams we have in Perth, if that means you get a few more wins at home then so be it, surely you can see the whinging about travel from a Perth perspective is just plain stupid, as I mentioned in my post above he needs to look at a bloody map of Australia.

It's a ridiculous talking point and it will never change unless Perth moves its actual location and that has as much chance of happening than you guys getting more home games and less travel.

West Coast is a Goliath. Why whenever it suits, does it act like a whinging, moaning David?

What is it with all this faux underdog stuff?

And guess what? Quite understandably, very few people want the best for Goliath.

After rolling my eyes at what is nothing more than a low-grade shitpost from the WA Premier, I'd like to offer you Sandgroupers a Victorian response.
What I'm going to explain should be extroardinarily easy for even the average meth-ridden West Australian to understand:

YOUR FOOTBALL CLUBS ARE FORCED TO TRAVEL EXCESSIVELY BECAUSE THERE ARE TWO SIDES TO AUSTRALIA

THE POPULATED SIDE ON THE RIGHT, AND THE EMPTY WASTELAND SIDE ON THE LEFT

14 OF THE 18 TEAMS LIVE ON THE RIGHT, ONLY YOUR 2 TEAMS LIVE ON THE LEFT

THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY OR AGENDA, YOUR INCONVENIENCE IS A PRODUCT OF GEOGRAPHY YOU DUMB BASTARDS

Didnt realize our PM played for West coast you flogger. Seems most of the boys are reading to play golf and win a mother ******* flag.

I don't get this 'massive home ground advantage' we're supposed to enjoy. If it was that glorious then surely Fremantle would have a flag by now.

If you want to look at a team that enjoys a massive home ground advantage turn your eyes towards Richmond. Maybe even compare their run home to the finals last year compared to ours.

This was our run home for the last six games of the season.

Fly to Alice Springs and play Melbourne.

Fly back to Perth and prepare for North.

Fly to Melbourne to play Carlton at Marvel.

Fly back to Perth and prepare for Adelaide.

Fly to Melbourne to play Richmond at the MCG.

Fly back to Perth to prepare for Hawthorn.

So, West Coast jumped on a plane six times in the last six weeks before finals.

How many times did Richmond get on a plane for their last six games before the finals?

View attachment 876351

Now as far as Mark McGowan is concerned he was born in Newcastle and is of Irish descent. That about sums it up for me.

Amazing. Hard to believe a Perth based team that plays games interstate would have to travel so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are 2 types of people in this world: those who see the advantage vic teams receive, and blind people with closed minds.

fyi, i agree with the AFL for doing what they have and think it would be too hard to play games in WA for the forseeable future. However, the effort vic teams and their fans go to to convince themselves they get no advantage is simply laughable lmao.

deniability is a copping mechanism for massive insecurity

Yes, that's another good point. The Perth clubs lobbied for a smaller capacity so as to increase demand through scarcity. As though the Eagles don't make enough money as it is. :$
Hey, Everyone is entitled to make More money than North Melbourne, this is not descrimination towards any club :)

Your team richmond has the right to do it, So does West coast, So does Carlton, so does Hawthorn, so does the crows regardless on their (Power) stance or Any other AFL club.

Amazing. Hard to believe a Perth based team that plays games interstate would have to travel so much.
Not really but if you compare it to the Tigers who played 8 of their last 9 games for 2019 at the MCG then it kinda seems a bit excessive.
this from a club who plays grand finals on their home ground
What is Hawthorns home ground though?
I would be just as surprised as them to know the answer to this. 🤔

Back