Dear West Coast and Freo, we need to talk.

West Australians: Unwarranted victim mentality?

• Yes, I'm sick of the whinging shits.

• No, they have a legitimate complaint.

• I'm from SA and we're even worse!

• J.Watts loathes politicians exploiting a pandemic for popularity

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a pretty great stadium when packed to the rafters though.
I understand that and have been there many times and experienced a crowd of 90,000. The point being acknowledging other states and assist with their efforts to be a part of the AFL Australian community. We treat this country like Europe and think we are different countries, we are not, we are Aussies and AFL is the Aussie game, not Victoria's.

I guess you are referring to me as West Aussie and are not cluey enough to read the little writing to the left? Does it not appall you that the contract is locked in for the next 40 years? How boring how predictable, how mundane. There could be a world class stadium built in the next decade, Optus has a capacity for another 20,000 seats, the world could end. And still we must play in the "Grey monstrosity" because its the home of football. No it isn't, it's the home of Aussie cricket and the old boys club.

There won't be a new stadium in 10 years though. Once Optus was built everyone was locked in for 30 more years. Only NSW are daft enough to knock down a functioning stadium before it hits 30. :$
Also, Optus only has room for 10k more seats, I wonder how much that will cost to build though. Most of the time when stadiums leave room for later expsnsion it turns out to be prohibitively expensive to do so.

LOL at "grey monstrosity". I mean, your follow-up displayed your shoulder chip nicely, but really that was enough. :$ Just because you don't like that it's the 'home of football' doesn't make it any less true.

Ok I will give you 4 Options.....

Option 1: Become Richmond/Collingwood/essendon, Play at the MCG have 90 thousand members, Average 40-60,000 a game at the MCG on Average and pull in 3-5 million in Profit a year.

Option 2: Become Geelong. Play in Kardinia which holds 36,000 seats. Average 30-35,000 a game at that ground and pull in 1.5-2 million in Profit.

Option 3: Become like North or Dogs or Saints. Play in a 55,000 seat Docklands, average 15-20,000 seat a game and lose 2-4 million a year due to high rent and Complain on Big footy main board on how North is saving the AFL from bankruptcy even though North Pull 15-20,000 a game or even 25,000 if you are lucky.

Option 4: Become the crows. Play in a decent venue in Adelaide Oval averaging 40,000 a game. Do that stupid crazy crows stance and Pretend your as tough as Tough man tony abbott wearing budgie smugglers.

Now common sense is Option 1.

Option 2 isnt bad either, your not making as much money but at least your pulling your weight financially.

Did LOL at the bolded. 🤣

I'd take option 1. I'm not averse to clubs making money, but after awhile it becomes more pointless when equalisation holds you back. West Coast still could've made big profits with a larger stadium and Freo would've still done better than most of the league.

Reasons to go on footballing junket to W.A

1. Better weather all the time
2. Chicken Treat
3. Can see space aliens on the Nullabor
4. Population of ex-pat Saffers means good braai is never too far away
5. Perth metallers Allegiance reforming and playing gigs each and every night

Okay the fifth one might be wishful thinking but there's space aliens in Western Australia. Honest!
Red Rooster chips >>> chicken treat chips.

Reasons to go on footballing junket to W.A

1. Better weather all the time
2. Chicken Treat
3. Can see space aliens on the Nullabor
4. Population of ex-pat Saffers means good braai is never too far away
5. Perth metallers Allegiance reforming and playing gigs each and every night

Okay the fifth one might be wishful thinking but there's space aliens in Western Australia. Honest!
You left out Quokkas and beaches.

Never forget we have Quokkas and beaches.

There won't be a new stadium in 10 years though. Once Optus was built everyone was locked in for 30 more years. Only NSW are daft enough to knock down a functioning stadium before it hits 30. :$
Also, Optus only has room for 10k more seats, I wonder how much that will cost to build though. Most of the time when stadiums leave room for later expsnsion it turns out to be prohibitively expensive to do so.

LOL at "grey monstrosity". I mean, your follow-up displayed your shoulder chip nicely, but really that was enough. :$ Just because you don't like that it's the 'home of football' doesn't make it any less true.

Did LOL at the bolded. 🤣

I'd take option 1. I'm not averse to clubs making money, but after awhile it becomes more pointless when equalisation holds you back. West Coast still could've made big profits with a larger stadium and Freo would've still done better than most of the league.
Well you know which deluded North Supporter who I am talking about that went start a thread that North, Saints and bulldogs saved the AFL from bankruptcy.

To me its more Hilarious and More deluded than that stupid Crows stance.

Some of those Main board stuff was Bay 13 standard.

Next thing, you will hear suns fans saying they saved the AFL from bankruptcy from getting 10,000 people at the Gold Coast stadium.

Option 1 is a wise bet, probably the best one.

Option 2 isnt bad either Geelong plays in a 35,000 seat stadium and because its owned by the Kardinia Park trust, Geelong does have a better rent deal compared to anyone that plays in Docklands.

I have Said this many times, throw some cash to turn Princes Park/ Optus Oval/ IKON park into a botique 25-30,000 seat stadium for Carlton and North to play games there. Saints fans want the AFL to put 100 million to turn Moorabbin oval into a 30-35,000 seat stadium like Geelong.

I dont mind clubs making money either. You say its pointless due to equalization holding the wealthy clubs back. That is true. But this is the AFL and the AFL wants all clubs, especially the less wealthier clubs such as North and the saints to have hope and a fighting chance, which to me is Fair enough.

Subiaco Oval wasnt too bad for Freo.... Subiaco held 43,000 seats, dockers averaged around 30-35,000 a game regardless of ladder position. So year freo were profitable from 2003-17.

But the Western Australian Football Commission are Smart, No Doubt they have a communist mentality and they dont even Hide it. They Know west coast will be profitable regardless. They know its better for when freo are crap, they have to be crap and profitable than crap and losing money. Because if Freo are losing money, that means eating west coasts profits which not a good thing.

We're dealing with a global pandemic and West Coast are being picky about staff numbers, bitching that 25 people to manage 44 footballers isn't enough.

These out-of-touch whingers need to get over themselves. Thankfully a six-week dose of east coast air should provide the reality check they need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THen try to fill it.
I understand that and have been there many times and experienced a crowd of 90,000. The point being acknowledging other states and assist with their efforts to be a part of the AFL Australian community. We treat this country like Europe and think we are different countries, we are not, we are Aussies and AFL is the Aussie game, not Victoria's.

Tissue honey?

WA asked to join the VFL. Repeatedly.

Knowing that they were a second rate state with a third rate football league.

Grow up.

Might need a suit of armour.

campaigner was never that good anyway. Just an animal.
In a way Mike Tyson is overrated. I was the mid to late 1980s, the Heavweight division in that Period wasnt great.

Tyson looked good on TV knocking out bums in 1 or 2 rounds with explosive rage. Became world champion at 20 years and 145 days. Yeah he got that shock loss to James Buster douglas in february of 1990. But he was a draw, with or without the world title.

I thought the same about Anthony Mundine. He won a lot of fights. He was athletic. Looked good with those jabs fighting stiffs and bums. Yeah he won a few world titles. But what was his most memorable win?

We're dealing with a global pandemic and West Coast are being picky about staff numbers, bitching that 25 people to manage 44 footballers isn't enough.

These out-of-touch whingers need to get over themselves. Thankfully a six-week dose of east coast air should provide the reality check they need.
Just give us what we want or give us back the bail out money + accrued interest.

Just give us what we want or give us back the bail out money + accrued interest.
You're lucky we allow West Australians in our league at all. You'll follow orders from your betters (us) or piss off back to your provincial state league.

Ungrateful heathens.

Flat track bully, and in the end a coward as well, like bullies usually are. Never in his career did he take a good shot and go on to win the fight.

In the final analysis, Evander Holyfield was both tougher than Tyson, remained at the top for longer and when the two men finally met it was he who was further removed from his prime than Tyson. But who won? In terms of who was the greater fighter, Tyson or Holyfield, “The Real Deal” wins it going away.
James Slater.

And although a clearly better fighter than Tyson, Holyfield would have barely crept into the top 10 heavyweights of the 70s.

Good solution.

But in return, you'll have to give back all the TV money you've had from being permitted to have a team in the top level. You can keep whatever you think the WA football would have got in TV deals on its own.

Should be enough to buy a couple of potato cakes and a dim sim.

Good solution.

But in return, you'll have to give back all the TV money you've had from being permitted to have a team in the top level. You can keep whatever you think the WA football would have got in TV deals on its own.

Should be enough to buy a couple of potato cakes and a dim sim.
You mean the TV money that goes straight into the AFL coffers ?

West Coast acts like any other monopolist (Freo is not really in the same market because its supporters are authentic football people) in the huge WA market for light entertainment. Ergo, arrogant and price gouging. When in Perth do as Wesfarmers do.

West Coast acts like any other monopolist (Freo is not really in the same market because its supporters are authentic football people) in the huge WA market for light entertainment. Ergo, arrogant and price gouging. When in Perth do as Wesfarmers do.
These authentic people you speak of barracked for West Coast until 1995, I guess that would be a Port Supporters perspective on the genuine article.

Back