Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2006
An Alley
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Henley Sharks
realise its not really classified as a crime but in my mind it is

anyone watch this on Sunday Night? its up here http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-nig...d4/phoebes-mystery-death/aunews_sunday_night/

I am surprised at the lack of social discussion on this as to me it does not seem like a suicide and in this day and age you would think this would spark lots of discussion on the net, the documentary made many good points for it being murder over suicide and when you break down the facts its hard to argue with them.

What I want to know is considering they showed video footage of her in her apartment lobby the day she died then surely the police have access to footage from later that night when she supposedly went up to the garbage disposal and committed suicide, if this was the case you would think it would have been released.

The Doco showed how hard it was for a sober person to even maneuver themselves into the disposal, so how can we expect an intoxicated and under the influence of sleeping pills person to be able to do it and why would they even go to the trouble of going through a garbage disposal, a balcony is 10 feet away and guaranteed death, we also have the case of the blades being turned back on, her boyfriend being in possession of her phone when she sent her last strange text message to family members, not to mention her boyfriends parents being the one who tried to stop the doco even going ahead.

The Age ran a piece on this ages ago, and no doubt Ch7 covered off pretty similar stuff. From memory her Dad has done most of the legwork in highlighting the inadequacies of the police work? The conclusion to be drawn from the piece in The Age was that it was almost impossible for this to be considered a suicide.

Hope the case gets reopened. From memory, at face value it warranted further investigation.

Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney
Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney

anyone watch this on Sunday Night? its up here http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-nig...d4/phoebes-mystery-death/aunews_sunday_night/

I am surprised at the lack of social discussion on this as to me it does not seem like a suicide and in this day and age you would think this would spark lots of discussion on the net, the documentary made many good points for it being murder over suicide and when you break down the facts its hard to argue with them.

What I want to know is considering they showed video footage of her in her apartment lobby the day she died then surely the police have access to footage from later that night when she supposedly went up to the garbage disposal and committed suicide, if this was the case you would think it would have been released.

The Doco showed how hard it was for a sober person to even maneuver themselves into the disposal, so how can we expect an intoxicated and under the influence of sleeping pills person to be able to do it and why would they even go to the trouble of going through a garbage disposal, a balcony is 10 feet away and guaranteed death, we also have the case of the blades being turned back on, her boyfriend being in possession of her phone when she sent her last strange text message to family members, not to mention her boyfriends parents being the one who tried to stop the doco even going ahead.

Twarby are you still following the case?

The boyfriend did not have a good day in front of the inquest yesterday by the looks of this.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/boyfriend-used-computer-after-chute-death-20130823-2sggt.html

Answering questions about Phoebe’s phone that was supposed to be getting repaired and ringing her dad straight after he rang her. Information he answered to the inquest about this were not consistent with police notes.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

Therefore it would be even harder to push someone down. Unless of course that person was either already deceased or very heavily unconscious. What did the autopsy say as to the cause of death?

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Surprised there aren't more loose parallels being drawn between this and the Gable Tostee thing. Both very unfortunate accidents IMO.

Thought the mother's reaction of "I'm not surprised" was very interesting, too. Was she "not surprised" her daughter ended up this way because of how she was, or "not surprised" her daughter ended up this way because of the boyfriend?

BigRough

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Wellington Phoenix, Blackcaps
Wonder why 60 Minutes decided to rehash this story tonight? If anything, their coverage of it was less detailed than the original on Ch7

The Phoebes Fall podcast from The Age. Last episode just released this week, apparently the Age decided to revisit the case because of a Facebook post from the boyfriends sister saying she hoped the truth would come out one day.

imho

Team Captain
Dec 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
"the bizarre case of phoebe handsjuk part1"
stephanie harlowe just uploaded a very informative summary on youtube.
part 2 expected on wednesday.

imho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed it, did you catch it?
Yeah. It's not as in depth as the three part YouTube series. I'd recommend watching it purely for the reason they have the victim's grandfather (retired Police Detective) and a couple of 'experts'. One of the experts has a lot of experience in Coronal inquests and she was stunned at the finding.

Yeah. It's not as in depth as the three part YouTube series. I'd recommend watching it purely for the reason they have the victim's grandfather (retired Police Detective) and a couple of 'experts'. One of the experts has a lot of experience in Coronal inquests and she was stunned at the finding.

I'll try and catch up online some time this week.

Recently watched the Under Investigation episode on this case, so was intrigued and searched some more about it and found something very interesting about the boyfriend.

Eight years after Phoebe's death, another young girl dating Antony Hampel was found dead in suspicious circumstances and was ruled suicide after finding alcohol and drugs in her system. Was also the last person to talk to her, just like Phoebe.

Just a weird coincidence?

mrskafoops

Team Captain
May 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast

Attachments

• Photo.JPG
    Photo.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 49
May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
Two girlfriends died from alcohol and medication combos? Reminds me of that case of the guy that had three wives all die from falling overboard on his boat or off something. Can’t remember who it was but * you’ve gotta wonder why these aren’t being reopened

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
Maybe he's one of those dudes that (for whatever reason) always ends up with girls who have 'issues'?

I guess that might skew the odds of suicide or drink/drug affected accidents to be higher.....

That’s true, I mean it was only recently that Kathleen Folbigg was released for what everyone thought was murder but it was just a series of tragedies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back