No Oppo Supporters DEATH RIDE 2: A TEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (Picks 3 and 21)

How many wins for the rest of the year under their new coach David Teague?

• Total voters
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
After looking at that list.
Best case scenario for Carlton is they finish on 6 wins, 7 at a stretch.
Even typing that down the odds for them to do that would be astronomical.

Even if they finish with those wins.
I can't see them finishing any higher than second to last. Bulldogs, north, Sydney saints, and Melbourne will all pick up wins.

Worst case for us, Pick 2 will be huge for us.
Can really set us up for the next generation of crows.
CARLTON cannot afford to **** this up for us, or I fear another decade of what ifs.
There - fixed for you..and I agree with your sentiments 100%..perspective here - pick 2 would be massive for us

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
There - fixed for you..and I agree with your sentiments 100%..perspective here - pick 2 would be massive for us
No great difference between 1 and 2. Feel gc will definitely finish last imo. Pick 2 plus a traded up first round pick will give us good currency to get Luko and possibly Rankine if they want both Rowell and Anderson. GC would only entertain a trade if both sa lads have indicated to them they aren't sticking around I feel.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
I quite enjoyed watching Patrick Cripps celebrate his goals like a flog who hasn't captained Carlton through their shameful last couple of years

Wonder if they'll be able to continue, or if they've gotten ahead of themselves?

Bulldogs are $1.53 favourites, it's at Mars

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I quite enjoyed watching Patrick Cripps celebrate his goals like a flog who hasn't captained Carlton through their shameful last couple of years

Wonder if they'll be able to continue, or if they've gotten ahead of themselves?

Bulldogs are pretty rubbish. Very inconsistent. They will either turn up and flog Carlton by 10 goals or lose by 5.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

Yeah, he seems like a bit of a flog. What gets me is his perpetual self-satisfied smirk.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bulldogs are pretty rubbish. Very inconsistent. They will either turn and flog Carlton by 10 goals or lose by 5.
They should be so pumped for this game after the embarrassment of getting beaten by Carlton in the first half of the season. The stigma of losing twice in a single season to the statistically worst side in the AFL over the last decade should have them running on air

Did anyone see on the footy shows the last few days when they showed Kade Simpson standing the mark in the last quarter?

There was a Lions player who is known for his "enthusiastic" celebrations post goal, by pretending to shoot a rifle into the air. So while Simpson was standing the mark and the Lions player was walking in to kick for goal, Simpson imitated him from before he walked and until he released the ball.

The Lions player completely shanked his kick. It was fairly obvious he was put off by the distraction.

I wonder in the future if we will see opposition players employ this tactic on those players with their post goal celebrations, especially when the game is on the line.

Yes Duursma Im thinking of you here with you bow and arrow. He is not alone.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did anyone see on the footy shows the last few days when they showed Kade Simpson standing the mark in the last quarter?

There was a Lions player who is known for his "enthusiastic" celebrations post goal, by pretending to shoot a rifle into the air. So while Simpson was standing the mark and the Lions player was walking in to kick for goal, Simpson imitated him from before he walked and until he released the ball.

The Lions player completely shanked his kick. It was fairly obvious he was put off by the distraction.

I wonder in the future if we will see opposition players employ this tactic on those players with their post goal celebrations, especially when the game is on the line.

Goal celebrations should be banned until you have played 70 games.

Last edited:

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think there are about 4 games that Carlton could win. This weeks game against the Dogs will help give us some indication of where they are at. so there games are:

Bulldogs.....they might win
Freo in the west.....Freo should win
Melb....Melb should win
Swans in Sydney....after yesterdays game you would like to think the Swans will win
Suns in Melb....I am thinking that Carlton win this game
The Crows in Melb....I would like to think we can win this
.......Reality is that Carlton could upset anyone of those games
Eagle in Melb....I think that the eagles will win that
Tigers....I think the Tigers will win that
St Kilda.....Carlton could win this game
Geelong....Geelong win

So Carlton should win against.....the Suns and might also beat the Dogs and StKilda. We just need to see how they go this week.

The Suns have the following games
Saints
Swans
Tigers
Crows
Carlton
Bombers
Magpies
Lions
Hawks
Giants.

Chances are the Suns might knock off the Lions, Carlton and the Saints.

I fear our getting the number 1 pick is so dependent on the Suns who if they lose their games will end up being the benificiary of the #1 pick.
Really wouldn’t mind them upsetting WCE or Richmond.

We’re 5th just a game out of top 4. I want that 1st as much as anyone but equally, I believe, we are still well and truly in this season and upsets will help.

Be just as happy with pick 2 and a couple of upsets

Goal celebration should be banned until you have played 70 games.

There are some that look natural and others that are "try hards."

I love Betts and feel its natural, but then Im biased. Although there are a couple of Crows players that do celebrate and do "very small" ones which Im not a fan off, but its minor.

There was a North player that did a real funny one in a final, which I loved and was hilarious.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
There are some that look natural and others that are "try hards."

I love Betts and feel its natural, but then Im biased. Although there are a couple of Crows players that do celebrate and do "very small" ones which Im not a fan off, but its minor.

There was a North player that did a real funny one in a final, which I loved and was hilarious.
Petrie with Thomas the Tank?

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Yeah, he seems like a bit of a flog. What gets me is his perpetual self-satisfied smirk.

The smirk of a man in it for himself, who's going to Perth at his next contract juncture

Petrie with Thomas the Tank?

Suddenly I'd love for us, after kicking a big goal that seals a match, to do a conga line.

Suddenly I'd love for us, after kicking a big goal that seals a match, to do a conga line.

Only one team over the past 20 years could do that without ramifications or the fear of losing the game.

Geelong in the 2007 GF, when youre 15 goals up at 3/4 time they should have entertained us more with goal celebrations and party tricks as they do in those charity games.

StickerMan

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Norwood,

We’re 5th just a game out of top 4. I want that 1st as much as anyone but equally, I believe, we are still well and truly in this season and upsets will help.

It's for this reason I was happy for Carlton to beat Brisbane. Helped us out

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Those couple of upsets could turn what would be pick 1 or 2 into pick 4, 5 or worse for us since it's unlikely they wont win any of their games against fellow bottom 4 teams.

Those couple of upsets could turn what would be pick 1 or 2 into pick 4, 5 or worse for us since it's unlikely they wont win any of their games against fellow bottom 4 teams.

The other issue is that Carlton play Melbourne, Carlton basically leap frogs them on the ladder if they win.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg

Rhys Mathieson.

He was doing that shotgun stuff late in games when they were getting absolutely flogged as a team a few years ago. He's a total "look at me" player who cares about himself more than the team. Also ducks and dives like crazy and was the one who got suspended for elbowing Gallucci in the back of the head a month ago.

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide

At the start of the year i said i would be happy with a top 5 pick. So if we ended up with pick 2 I would be stoked.

As much as having pick 1 would be great for our club, pick 2 would take the pressure off whoever we pick as they don't have the tag of being pick 1 attached to it. Obviously pick 1 is the ultimate prize but pick 2 would still be a huge result for our club.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant