No Oppo Supporters DEATH RIDE 2: A TEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (Picks 3 and 21)

How many wins for the rest of the year under their new coach David Teague?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why people think GWS picking Green affects our pick in any way, it's in number only. He's not available to be picked by us nor any other club. It won't affect which player we want to take.
Agree, unless we traded for it (like Carlton did to get Stocker as that pick end up being 19 but started as pick 16) after all the bid picks, it doesn't effect us as it will still be pick 3 we trade for pick 8 and 19 (unless there are FA compensation/PP pick which affect our and/or Carlton's pick 8).

what people including myself are saying is the player we will take at 3 if we use it will be pretty much equal value to the guy taken at pick 8.
Plus they get Stocker who will be good.
We cant really judge til we see what the crows do with 3 though.

That's a ludicrous statement. In what world is having pick 3 the same value as pick 8? Even if you think after Rowell and Anderson all the players are of equal talent, Im damn well sure our recruiters don't. They'll have their list and we get our guy before 5 other teams get the chance to draft him.

Um, just want to point out that it's not over. If Freo smash Port, Port can still drop below us on %, making Carlton's pick 9 instead of 8.

Of course, Freo's % goes up at the same time so they could go above us.... there's a narrow band to work in.

Bring out your calculators! :)

Edit: Actually it's not that narrow. If Freo win 84-50, Port's % drops below ours (100.85 to 100.9) but Freo's only goes up to 96.26. So we can afford Freo to win by a fair bit more than 34 points.

So all aboard the Freo train for one last bit of interest in this trade!

Last edited:

what people including myself are saying is the player we will take at 3 if we use it will be pretty much equal value to the guy taken at pick 8.
Plus they get Stocker who will be good.
We cant really judge til we see what the crows do with 3 though.
From what I've read, the top 4 picks are still top end quality like any other years, there are 2 stand-outs potential pick 1 and it's 5-10 that's even and consider less quality than other years.

So how much do we need FReo to win by to put Port below us - that would be the cherry on the cake as not only would it mean a worse pick fro Carlton but also Port finish lower than us but we still get the better draft pick...happy days??

They banned me because they couldn't win the argument over the Gibbs trade, apparently some didn't even know we had their 3rd rounder which was 1st of the rank since they finished last, after clearing that up, they end up agreeing with me (well the ones with football knowledge anyway :))

Are you still trying to convince people that we didn't give two firsts for Gibbs ?

You're about the only person still trying to pretend that the trade didn't turn out to be a complete s**t show.

Um, just want to point out that it's not over. If Freo smash Port, Port can still drop below us on %, making Carlton's pick 9 instead of 8.

Of course, Freo's % goes up at the same time so they could go above us.... there's a narrow band to work in.

Edit: Actually it's not that narrow. If Freo win 84-50, Port's % drops below ours (100.85 to 100.9) but Freo's only goes up to 96.26. So we can afford Freo to win by a fair bit more than 34 points.

Nup, would give Port 26 and us 27. Not worried about the Carlton pick now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So how much do we need FReo to win by to put Port below us - that would be the cherry on the cake as not only would it mean a worse pick fro Carlton but also Port finish lower than us but we still get the better draft pick...happy days??

Thats probably the reason the Club will give to label 2019 as a successful season.

It's around the 35 point margin.

Yeah but remember our second rounder gets pushed out too, behind Port, and you know they will snag the guy we want.

At this point I don’t really care if Carlton get 8 or 9. But I’d hate to be c**k blocked by Port

Yeah but remember our second rounder gets pushed out too, behind Port, and you know they will snag the guy we want.

At this point I don’t really care if Carlton get 8 or 9. But I’d hate to be c**k blocked by Port

But we also have Carlton's second round pick, so we still get to pick before them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you still trying to convince people that we didn't give two firsts for Gibbs ?

You're about the only person still trying to pretend that the trade didn't turn out to be a complete s**t show.
No, we gave a mid and late 1st rounders in a weak draft for Gibbs and an equivalent 1st rounder in a stronger draft. No need to convince anyone, the facts are there for ppls with any decent football knowledge.;)

Last edited:
But remember - Tom Green will push their pick out to 9 and if GC get a front ended PP - very unlikely, it becomes pick 10. So the final trade come draft night could be pick 4 for 2 picks between 10 & 20 - who wouldn't do that deal

The academy selections are irrelevant but if Gold Coast get a PP and we trade our pick for Luko, big win

The academy selections are irrelevant but if Gold Coast get a PP and we trade our pick for Luko, big win
I agree about Luko, but you have to factor the academy selections if you are looking at pure pick numbers - as on the draft night, the best they will be getting if they don't trade the pick before hand will be actual pick 9 if Green is bid on and any front ended PP pushes it out further

I had to laugh, for about 30 secs they had pick 7.

So 3 for 8 & 19, after all that it’s pretty even
I agree, that's a good trade for both clubs in the end.

Carlton got the guy they wanted last year, and still have a decent first rounder this year.

We get a pick that might just help us get Luko.

For what was looking like a disaster for Carlton, that have come out pretty square.

SOS justified in his decision, pretty much spot on with his call on where we were at - and what they'd do in 2019.

Sent using Tapatalk App on Android.

Back