No Opposition Supporters DEATH RIDE 2: A TEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (Picks 3 and 21)

How many wins for the rest of the year under their new coach David Teague?

• Total voters

ABAB

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
How has it finally shown, I’ve given you 4 very quality players who were available has we kept pick 16.

There is a reason you think you provide quality analysis, its because you have no idea. It’s actually embarrassing how bad you do football. Only a real dufus for example would claim we are as successful as West Coast.
I did say we had to pinch one of the premiership in 05/06, 12 and/or 17 didn't I (West Coast took their chance) and unlike them we've never ever bottom out.....pick 16 in 2017 is better than pick 21 in 2018....OMG (even Carlton's supporter said they would prefer pick 21.....and that's saying something).
I will give you 10 quality players after pick 21 next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elite Crow

Premium Platinum
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I did say we had to pinch one of the premiership in 05/06, 12 and/or 17 didn't I (West Coast took their chance) and unlike them we've never ever bottom out.....
No you said we were as successful irrespective of them winning more flags, it’s just that we didn’t take our chances. Don’t try and slink away from one of the most bizarre opinions in Big Footy history

ABAB

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mate you repeated it a number of times, own it, that’s the quality of your analysis ;)
I remember now, I was thinking about clubs that build a list to contend a premiership without ever bottoming out in the AFL era (Geelong is the other club that can claim that but they had very good F&S draft) when I posted those quality analysis so in that sense we are more success than West Coast (as they did bottom out and remain bottom 2-4 for a few years multiple times but they did end up taking their chances to win it which we didn't).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elite Crow

Premium Platinum
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I remember now, I was thinking about clubs that build a list to contend a premiership without ever bottoming out in the AFL era (Geelong is the other club that can claim that but they had very good F&S draft) when I posted those quality analysis so in that sense we are more success than West Coast (as they did bottom out and remain bottom 2-4 for a few years multiple times but they did end up taking their chances to win it which we didn't).
I honestly can’t work out if you are taking the piss

ABAB

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Only a moron would call it break even.
Kerridge was only delisted a year later than Menzel after 1 year and that's was playing for Carlton, as for pick 28 (they swap a whole bunch of picks including GWS pick 8 which you would think was worth more than Geelong's future pick that Cartlon gave especially with Dangerfield joining them for GWS players, Sumner and Lamb have been delisted, only Plowman and Philips remain on the list and both are meh)....so break-even.

Sanders

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Kerridge was only delisted a year later than Menzel after 1 year and that's was playing for Carlton, as for pick 28 (they swap a whole bunch of picks including GWS pick 8 which you would think was worth more than Geelong's future pick that Cartlon gave especially with Dangerfield joining them for GWS players, Sumner and Lamb have been delisted, only Plowman and Philips remain on the list and both are meh)....so break-even.
Lol. Not even a moron would believe that s**t

relapse

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
I said I agree that we gave them a mid (10) and late (16) 1st rounder in a weak draft didn't I and we got their equivalent 1st rounder (21) in a stronger draft, the downgrade was our mid 2nd rounder (28) to their early 3rd rounder (40), the further away the pick is from pick 16 that we gave them, the less relevance it is....see what I did there.

So essentially, we gave them pick 10 and late 2nd rounder for Gibbs as for Lever we got pick 10 and pick 16 so no we didn't paid more for Gibbs than we received for Lever.
I'm sure I've tried explaining this to you before

Jake Lever trade

We received the equivalent of Pick 8

Bryce Gibbs trade

We paid the equivalent of Pick 5

There's no tangible evidence at all to support this fallacy that we got a better deal for Lever than what we paid for Gibbs.

Even those who were originally trying to justify the deal later conceded that the Gibbs trade turned into a s**t show once we had a poor 2018.

The fact that the club actively traded away Picks 19 and 24 for 2019 picks that suggests that the 2018 draft picks in the late teens and early 20s didn't hold anywhere near the value that you're trying to claim they did.

relapse

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Didn't I correct you about that trade?? It was one of many correction and I said it was break-even.
Break even?

Menzel played 4 games for us, we eventually sacked him and had to pay him out for the rest of his contract.

In terms of the relative value of the picks, on one hand you're claiming that Pick 28 and Kerridge for Menzel (who was a complete failure) was a break even, yet now you're arguing that Pick 24 in the Gibbs trade is the equivalent of a first rounder ?

You're clearly taking the piss because it simply just doesn't add up.

Last edited:

GROTTO

Hall of Famer
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ch 7 reckons for Suns will get the priority pick at the pointy end of the draft, delivering them Rowell and Anderson (plus a likely top 10 pick for Jack Martin).

Give them our pick 3 which is likely to be 4 now and get Luko home. They may be a little generous after this.

Golumless

I'm kind of a big deal on the east side
Jul 12, 2013
Wherever the ESH clubrooms are
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle, Colorado Rockies.
So what was it in the end of the day:

Pick 3 (4-5) for 8 (9-10) + 19 (21+)

Pretty fair trade regardless of how it works out from here (bracketed are accounting for GC priority pick, and a bid for the kid in the GWS academy). If there is ever an indictment of how much we f’ed up this season, the fact this trade is fair is that.

Top Bottom