No Oppo Supporters DEATH RIDE 2: A TEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (Picks 3 and 21)

How many wins for the rest of the year under their new coach David Teague?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not our fault that Melbourne was s**t as (who would have thought that) and GC will get a priority pick.

It is 100% our fault. We don't horrifically underperform in the second half of the season (to the point we have no choice but to burn it all down) and we kill this trade.

It is 100% our fault. We don't horrifically underperform in the second half of the season (to the point we have no choice but to burn it all down) and we kill this trade.
But we would "technically" have pick 2 if Melbourne weren't so s**t, trade is still good, anyone would have done it.

But we would "technically" have pick 2 if Melbourne weren't so s**t, trade is still good, anyone would have done it.

Melbourne being s**t is utterly irrelevant here. Pick 2 for 8 + 19 is a fair deal. Pick 3 for 8 + 19 is a fair deal.

I agree, anyone would have done that trade because the only way this trade was going to be a win/win for both sides is if we ****ed up (and Carlton sacked their coach to cause a spike). The odds were so heavily in our favour after all, and yet the end result can only be described as a fair deal.

Melbourne being s**t is utterly irrelevant here. Pick 2 for 8 + 19 is a fair deal. Pick 3 for 8 + 19 is a fair deal.

I agree, anyone would have done that trade because the only way this trade was going to be a win/win for both sides is if we f’ed up (and Carlton sacked their coach to cause a spike). The odds were so heavily in our favour after all, and yet the end result can only be described as a fair deal.
o_O....they being s**t prevented us from having pick 2 (I doubt any team would have been as worst as GC) so it isn't "irrelevant" and pick 4 for 8 + 19 is a very good deal, not just fair.

o_O....they being s**t prevented us from having pick 2 (I doubt any team would have been as worst as GC) so it isn't "irrelevant" and pick 4 for 8 + 19 is a very good deal, not just fair.

It doesn't change the quality of this deal by much, and most of that loss of quality is of our own doing, so yes, it's all but irrelevant.

It's a late first for a 4 to 5 pick upgrade. That is fair deal for both sides, not one where we belted Carlton at the trade table, which would constitute as very good (Though may get helped by a pending GWS bid). Which is a problem because we held every single card here.

Get into 8-10 pick upgrade range, then we begin to talk about very good. All that would have took is us not completely imploding on the back end.

IMO it is a tie

We used pick 19 in a super draft to get a 5 pick upgrade from 8 to 3 in a normal draft.

If the drafts were of equal strength then it would be a win for us.

Because we moved resources from a stronger draft to a weaker draft I think it is about a tie.

With Carlton into Jack Martin from GC and a few other trades, I wonder if Reid should go to SOS and let him know we have pick 21 (probably gets Martin done with maybe adding a 3rd or 4th rounder if needs be) and pick 26 (for another small forward like the fella from Richmond that has been out of favor) that we could trade for pick 8

IMO it is a tie

We used pick 19 in a super draft to get a 5 pick upgrade from 8 to 3 in a normal draft.

If the drafts were of equal strength then it would be a win for us.

Because we moved resources from a stronger draft to a weaker draft I think it is about a tie.
Depends how you view the top 4 this year, some say pick 3-8 are all the same (which means it's a lost as we gave up pick 19 for nothing), whereas other say pick 1-2 are stand-out but 3-4 are still top 4 quality like any other year (which is a win for us), and some view 3-4 as not as top 4 quality as any other year but still better than 5-8 (which is a tie).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends how you view the top 4 this year, some say pick 3-8 are all the same (which means it's a lost as we gave up pick 19 for nothing), whereas other say pick 1-2 are stand-out but 3-4 are still top 4 quality like any other year (which is a win for us), and some view 3-4 as not as top 4 quality as any other year but still better than 5-8 (which is a tie).
You seem to forget though pick 3 gives Hamish a lot more options re the player he wants than pick 8 does because you can bet he sees the player at 3 on his board better than the next few even if only by small margins.

Both the list manager, and head of footy both outrank SOS, can’t see how he is supposedly blocking or vetoing anything
Happens at our club, why wouldn't it happen there.

You seem to forget though pick 3 gives Hamish a lot more options re the player he wants than pick 8 does because you can bet he sees the player at 3 on his board better than the next few even if only by small margins.
Hence, I always thought the trade was a huge win, whereas other don't.

Hence, I always thought the trade was a huge win, whereas other don't.

Its a win. The margin of the win is what is the issue.

Would we be happy trading Pick 3 this year for Pick 8 and Pick 19 next year? I would say no to that.

With Carlton into Jack Martin from GC and a few other trades, I wonder if Reid should go to SOS and let him know we have pick 21 (probably gets Martin done with maybe adding a 3rd or 4th rounder if needs be) and pick 26 (for another small forward like the fella from Richmond that has been out of favor) that we could trade for pick 8

This. They could pick up Gray for 26 too. We could throw in Betts/ Sauce for their late pick.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its a win. The margin of the win is what is the issue.

Would we be happy trading Pick 3 this year for Pick 8 and Pick 19 next year? I would say no to that.

I would, but I wouldn't be shouting off the roof tops with how good that deal is.

It's acceptable if I wanted to get a larger influx of talent onto a list.

Yes, I would.

If thats the case and if most posters feel that way, I can only imagine the Club would be that way inclined too.

I would have thought getting Pick 19 is tricky. Im not saying you cant get an elite player at that pick, just that the odds are working against you.

Personally I would have preferred say Pick 8 and ~ Pick 13 for Pick 3.

I'd prefer we just made the play for Jack Martin

Back