No Oppo Supporters DEATH RIDE 2: A TEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (Picks 3 and 21)

How many wins for the rest of the year under their new coach David Teague?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

For all the mirth this thread has provided, with a little more composure/luck they’d be 7-8 and right on our heels. Reid must be thanking his lucky stars every time they choke.
Rumour pic 2 plus next years first plus greenwood to go for Lukosius Rankine supposedly deal already a lock in anyone heard this

For all the mirth this thread has provided, with a little more composure/luck they’d be 7-8 and right on our heels. Reid must be thanking his lucky stars every time they choke.

Teams don't choke by luck. We knew Carlton were losers from watching in 2018, and they didn't do much to change it. Arguably they've started to change it but that was an overdue change.

Reid would be thanking his lucky stars they were dumb enough to do it in the first place.

Here are their runs home

Carlton
Sydney SCG
Gold Coast Marvel
Adelaide MCG
West Coast Marvel
Richmond MCG
St Kilda MCG
Geelong Kardina Park

Melbourne
Bulldogs Marvel
West Coast Alice Spings
St Kilda Marvel
Richmond MCG
Collingwood MCG
Sydney MCG
North Tassie

Hopefully Melbourne can win one or two more games which should keep Carlton at bay.
Melbourne probably only need to win 1 more game to make it safe. Carlton will most likely win 2 (GC and Saints).
If Dees can beat the Saints it should be all over.

Melbourne probably only need to win 1 more game to make it safe. Carlton will most likely win 2 (GC and Saints).
If Dees can beat the Saints it should be all over.
The Saints are a bit of a concern but I have them beating Freo at Docklands which should be enough.

This is great fun.

I think every team should be forced to trade out their first pick for the next season.

Solves tanking while still letting bad teams get more value for their picks. Assuming they trade wisely haha

More football gets watched, Crows fans would definitely have watched more Carlton games this season than prior years

More football discussion

The AFL should be all over this! I reckon it would fit in well alongside Steven Hocking’s Other Ideas

Cant believe they almost stole that game from Melbourne, like thieves.

If Gov was even remotely fit he would have sealed the game for them in the last seconds with a goal.

From my account, thats two games he has cost them deep in time on.
Still being paid by us?

I'm really hoping that the Blues get the Sydney we all know this Friday night. A good old tough, defensive slogfest with Sydney prevailing.

Freo away went to the death, then another last minute game against Melbourne, followed by a ding dong battle against the Swans would likely get their younger players to that wall right in time for the GC/Crows games!

This is great fun.

I think every team should be forced to trade out their first pick for the next season.

Solves tanking while still letting bad teams get more value for their picks. Assuming they trade wisely haha

More football gets watched, Crows fans would definitely have watched more Carlton games this season than prior years

More football discussion

The AFL should be all over this! I reckon it would fit in well alongside Steven Hocking’s Other Ideas
Haha, funny you say this, I thought this yesterday too.. I woudn't have watched Carton a number of tiems this year when I have been actually watching and involved in the reuslt of the game, its a small part of your team playing against them each time in a way..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost again

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

They certainly - finally - better than they used to be, but still not good enough. Is it 3-12 now?

Carlton can still make the 8 apparently, thats paying $2000 and if they have a good finals series, they are paying $4501 for them to win the flag. :drunk:

GreyCrow value?

fu** off. What an embarrassing request.
They've currently got the best draft hand. They already have another first round pick, pick 14. That would mean essentially they will have had 5 top 6 draft picks and 6 first round picks, plus 2 second round picks, plus 3 mature aged second tier draft picks (only offered to them and Carlton) in 2 years ..

Agree with other posters that it'll make a mockery of the trading of future picks.

Looks like the club needs to go and buy a bucket of lube, the AFL are going to come in dry again

surprised no one has posted this yet

Suns want pick 1 and 2
The AFL surely can't give them pick 2 this year as future picks have already been traded in last years draft. If it was going to happen it shouldn't be allowed to happen until art least 2020.

Pick 2 is not going to help them in the immediate future of not being a basket case.

What they need is strong experienced and mature bodies in their team. An 18 year old kid is not going to change their short term performances in the first few years.

I agree the AFL cannot grant them Pick 2 because essentially it means that trading draft picks is going to be fraught with danger and it does then bring into question the integrity of the drafting process. The AFL need to give all Clubs a heads up if they intend to do this and not when future draft picks have already been exchanged between Clubs.

The AFL needs to be seen as being open and transparent. This would make a mockery of that if they allow the Suns access to Pick 2.

Carlton have already demonstrated very clearly that having multiple Pick 1s and or very high end picks, does not improve a Clubs onfield performance.

The Suns should use the process that the Lions implemented in establishing their current squad, shrewd trading is also another option to improve their performance. The Suns have Pick 1, they should dangle that carrot at a few Vic Clubs in particular for ready made and experienced players.

The only reason IMO why the Suns are doing this is primarily because the top 2 picks are "good friends" so it helps them to want to stay at their Club. If the Suns only get one of them, its less likely that the Metro Vic kid may stay.

*This is a heavily biased opinion. Normally I couldnt give a flying f**k if the Suns got Pick 2.

I actually believe though the majority of Clubs will support the Suns request.

Last edited:
Just had another look. They had 4 top 10 picks in 2016 as well. They traded pick 2 away in 2017 for Weller with their next pick at 19. If they are given a PP at pick 1 or 2, that would be 10 top 10 draft picks they've had in 4 years .. not a bad haul.

I will hand them Pick 2 and a package of Sauce/Mackay/Douglas/Gibbs myself if they give us Luko and Rankine.

I will hand them Pick 2 and a package of Sauce/Mackay/Douglas/Gibbs myself if they give us Luko and Rankine.
That would make a mockery of the draft and live trading they r just trying find a way get both kids hopefully to stay together this is the issue as they have had many talented players to make a good team but they just don’t stay together

That would make a mockery of the draft and live trading they r just trying find a way get both kids hopefully to stay together this is the issue as they have had many talented players to make a good team but they just don’t stay together
Does this maybe suggest Rankine and lucko intent having not signed extension. Maybe he knows the prospect of keeping them is minimal They were told the risks and this years draft the same risk. Gettting pick 1 and 2 won’t change their big problem which is not quality of player but keeping them wanting to stay at GC

Back