No Oppo Supporters DEATH RIDE 2: A TEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (Picks 3 and 21)

How many wins for the rest of the year under their new coach David Teague?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw the Cochrane comments. Thought it was Dew that talked about becoming the "6,000 pound gorilla" on the issue and thought it was hilarious, but it turns out it was Cochrane who said that.

I love the AFL, always finding new ways to screw over the Crows.

The AFL should say no to Gold Coast's request, because if they say yes, Carlton will justifiably come-a-knocking as well.

Suns have won 19 games over the last 4 years. Carlton have won 18.

Even if they take into account the last 2 years... Suns 7 wins, Blues 5.

This board will right-royally implode if our pick drops due to priority picks being handed out.

Meh, they'll just do a data dump of BF and show all they quotes saying how stoked we were to be getting a top 5 pick. We still are.

Bummed if it's not 2, but still ~10 and 19 for 3.
I know what you are saying, but it is a bit like as a kid if you were told you were getting a bike for your birthday only to be told close to the day that instead of a bike, you got a couple of nice jumpers instead, it would be rather deflating

IF this were to happen I’d almost be at breaking point with the afl. I love the game but the organisation is a shambles and this would be the straw to break the camels back
Too late for me. Fully into NBA as my first sporting passion. Watched just 3 Crows games this year. AFL house is crooked, Crows are a basket case of incestual goons, too busy rubbing each others balls to actually run a successful organisation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too late for me. Fully into NBA as my first sporting passion. Watched just 3 Crows games this year. AFL house is crooked, Crows are a basket case of incestual goons, too busy rubbing each others balls to actually run a successful organisation.

Used to religiously watch 5 or 6 games a weekend, never missed one of our home matches. Now, lucky to watch a quarter of another match apart from ours and certainly not the end of the world if I miss an Adelaide Oval game. The AFL and AFC have both become stale and it’s no longer fun watching.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Used to religiously watch 5 or 6 games a weekend, never missed one of our home matches. Now, lucky to watch a quarter of another match apart from ours and certainly not the end of the world if I miss an Adelaide Oval game. The AFL and AFC have both become stale and it’s no longer fun watching.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If you genuinely feel this way, try staying away from bigfooty for a while and see if that helps. The negativity in certain areas of this place is ridiculous and it is contagious. I found myself in a similar position early last season. I avoided this place all together for a while and now only read on here about the draft and threads like this where there are no Adelaide supporters bagging their own side, just some friendly banter aimed at Carlton. I am also now selective in what other media I read, staying away from the "whats wrong with teamX/umpires/the AFL" articles. I am now back to enjoying football as much as I ever had and I think I am a happier person all-round.

I am sure this place, including the extremely negative areas add to some peoples enjoyment of football so this advice isn't for everyone, but it was the case for me. I hope you get back to enjoying the footy!

I see Mark Maclure has given both barrels to our old mate Brackets.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ca...n/news-story/8da3af7b15aa068d26ba37926c14c245

Maclure expects the Blues to lose patience with McGovern in the coming weeks.

“He had five touches. I’m not certain that they will play him in the next few weeks,” Maclure said on Fox Footy.

“For mine, he doesn’t work hard enough and we’ve all talked about that.”

Didn't Carlton ask for one last year but the AFL knocked them back?
The AFL basically begged them to apply for one and turned them down anyway. It was hilarious. The reaction from Blues fan was pretty funny too. A whole lot of them went from "I wonder what PP we get" to "we don't need another skinny kid anyway".

Priority Picks should have been completely removed as a possibility with the introduction of future pick trading.

Unbelievable they weren't really.

AFL should just make the first 10 picks sacrosanct. That covers the teams that didn't make finals (or traded cleverly with such a team). Give a PP at 11 but the team awarded it MUST trade it for a player.

The whole idea that drafting a young gun even @ 1 suddenly solves your problems is absurd.

Trading 11 gets you a genuine,proven player.

The team is also awarded an end of first round PP the year after (19) They can either use it or trade it.

Using something like this means that clubs who trade for the following draft are somewhat protected whilst the pick itself comes in the draft after next.

And as any Carlton supporter will tell you right now, 11 and 19 is totally worth #2 right?

Back