No Oppo Supporters DEATH RIDE 2: A TEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (Picks 3 and 21)

How many wins for the rest of the year under their new coach David Teague?

• Total voters
Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
How has no one called for Goodwin's head at Melbourne?

Because it's Melbourne.

Since they sacked Norm Smith they've made the finals only 12 times in 45 years.

They're most probably still on cloud 9 that Goody managed to get them into the 8 last year.

Sydney and St Kilda are both winnable games for Melbourne, but personally I would rather take a Sydney victory on Friday night and lock up pick 3 rather than gambling on potentially getting pick 2, but ending up with pick 4.

Sydney have a winnable game in round 23 as well when they play St Kilda at the SCG

The ideal scenario for us is Carlton lose to St Kilda and Geelong, Melbourne beat both Sydney and North, then Sydney also beat St Kilda

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sydney have a winnable game in round 23 as well when they play St Kilda at the SCG

The ideal scenario for us is Carlton lose to St Kilda and Geelong, Melbourne beat both Sydney and North, then Sydney also beat St Kilda
Its a shame that Melbourne and Sydney play before Carlton and St Kilda as if we are utensil a hoop at Melbourne winning, it will be no good if Carlton jag a win V St Kilda. Had it bee n the other way and we knew Carlton lost to St Kilda before the Sydney melbourne game, then yep- would have been gfoing hard for a melbourne win so that come final round Carlton would be a 50/50 to finish bottom 2

What's Carlton's lowest ever score in their club history ??

In the AFL, 1.10 16 at the Western Oval vs the Bulldogs, r11 1991

They had lower scores in the old VFL, but none of those records before 1990 actually count for anything anymore

In just a few short weeks, Carlton have gone from dead last to now being a better side than us. Bolton must have been truly terrible.
Well having a coach with a clear game plan that the players can follow always helps!

So we have now helped to develop a senior coach...

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
In just a few short weeks, Carlton have gone from dead last to now being a better side than us. Bolton must have been truly terrible.

Teague’s genius move of playing mature bodies in Murphy and Ed Curnow through the midfield has been an absolute masterstroke that poor Bolts just couldn’t comprehend.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Teague’s genius move of playing mature bodies in Murphy and Ed Curnow through the midfield has been an absolute masterstroke that poor Bolts just couldn’t comprehend.
I think all coaches on their last legs should start putting their best midfielders somewhere else.

Scott putting Ziebell forward another example.

It’s like doing your shoes up extra tight. Then the caretaker coach resets and it feels so good!

Campo: I think we should be playing Sloane forward

Pyke: no, he’s a midfielder

Campo: we will burn him out

Pyke: no, he’s fit and well

Campo: we need to give opportunities to Milera and Jones

Pyke: no, Milera is so physically ineffectual it is like we are a man down as soon as the opposition picks up the ball, and Jones can’t crack 20 possessions at SANFL level

Pyke: Sloane is our best midfielder, we would be awful, and I will get sacked, and then whomever comes in as caretaker will put him straight back in, and everyone will think they are a good coach

Pyke: wait a second...

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Carlton are going to be good next year and I actually look forward to supporting them again with Teague at the wheel. But can they still be bad for another 2 games please
St Kilda are a bit of a bogey team this year. Impossible to pick!

The good news is Ratten is coaching for his job and not draft picks, so he would be looking at this game as a must win for his resume!

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
I actually look forward to supporting them again with Teague at the wheel.

Banned.

THE TEAGUE Train will roll on at Carlton.
After a thorough interview process, the Blues will officially announce David Teague as the club's new full-time coach at a media conference at Ikon Park on Thursday. Thorough? Two blokes got interviews, Crazy Voss and Teague.

It is believed the final stages of Teague's pitch for the job were signed off early in the week, and Teague was formally told late Wednesday afternoon of the board's official endorsement. The enitre board, except for Chris Judd.

Carlton officials are on Wednesday night telling their players of the decision ahead of Thursday's official announcement, while Teague is relaying the news to those closest to him. Derp. Just announce it. If everyone already knows...

He won the backing of several key senior players, including co-captain Patrick Cripps, with the influence of the playing group believed to be a significant factor in his appointment. But not Chris Judd.

I tell you what, if I wanted to invent a media narrative, I would just go hammer and tongs with "friction between Judd and Teague". This stuff writes itself.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Good on the bloke, but it wasn't exactly an exhaustive process was it.

This week sees the final chance for Carlton to move up the ladder. If Sydney beat Melbourne then pick 3 is almost assured regardless of what Carlton do against an improved St Kilda.

Back