No Oppo Supporters DEATH RIDE 2: A TEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (Picks 3 and 21)

How many wins for the rest of the year under their new coach David Teague?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate you repeated it a number of times, own it, that’s the quality of your analysis ;)
I remember now, I was thinking about clubs that build a list to contend a premiership without ever bottoming out in the AFL era (Geelong is the other club that can claim that but they had very good F&S draft) when I posted those quality analysis so in that sense we are more success than West Coast (as they did bottom out and remain bottom 2-4 for a few years multiple times but they did end up taking their chances to win it which we didn't).

I remember now, I was thinking about clubs that build a list to contend a premiership without ever bottoming out in the AFL era (Geelong is the other club that can claim that but they had very good F&S draft) when I posted those quality analysis so in that sense we are more success than West Coast (as they did bottom out and remain bottom 2-4 for a few years multiple times but they did end up taking their chances to win it which we didn't).
I honestly can’t work out if you are taking the piss

Only a moron would call it break even.
Kerridge was only delisted a year later than Menzel after 1 year and that's was playing for Carlton, as for pick 28 (they swap a whole bunch of picks including GWS pick 8 which you would think was worth more than Geelong's future pick that Cartlon gave especially with Dangerfield joining them for GWS players, Sumner and Lamb have been delisted, only Plowman and Philips remain on the list and both are meh)....so break-even.

You don’t reckon they’ll get one with the condition they have to trade it for a player?
No one worth pick 2 would agree to go to Gold Coast anyway, so they’d have to trade it for another Weller type. Won’t happen

Kerridge was only delisted a year later than Menzel after 1 year and that's was playing for Carlton, as for pick 28 (they swap a whole bunch of picks including GWS pick 8 which you would think was worth more than Geelong's future pick that Cartlon gave especially with Dangerfield joining them for GWS players, Sumner and Lamb have been delisted, only Plowman and Philips remain on the list and both are meh)....so break-even.

Lol. Not even a moron would believe that s**t

I am almost certain we will be trading this pick to GWS. Hopefully both them on Essendon get knocked out this next weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said I agree that we gave them a mid (10) and late (16) 1st rounder in a weak draft didn't I and we got their equivalent 1st rounder (21) in a stronger draft, the downgrade was our mid 2nd rounder (28) to their early 3rd rounder (40), the further away the pick is from pick 16 that we gave them, the less relevance it is....see what I did there.

So essentially, we gave them pick 10 and late 2nd rounder for Gibbs as for Lever we got pick 10 and pick 16 so no we didn't paid more for Gibbs than we received for Lever.

I'm sure I've tried explaining this to you before

Jake Lever trade

We received the equivalent of Pick 8

Bryce Gibbs trade

We paid the equivalent of Pick 5

There's no tangible evidence at all to support this fallacy that we got a better deal for Lever than what we paid for Gibbs.

Even those who were originally trying to justify the deal later conceded that the Gibbs trade turned into a s**t show once we had a poor 2018.

The fact that the club actively traded away Picks 19 and 24 for 2019 picks that suggests that the 2018 draft picks in the late teens and early 20s didn't hold anywhere near the value that you're trying to claim they did.

Didn't I correct you about that trade?? It was one of many correction and I said it was break-even.

Break even?

Menzel played 4 games for us, we eventually sacked him and had to pay him out for the rest of his contract.

In terms of the relative value of the picks, on one hand you're claiming that Pick 28 and Kerridge for Menzel (who was a complete failure) was a break even, yet now you're arguing that Pick 24 in the Gibbs trade is the equivalent of a first rounder ?

You're clearly taking the piss because it simply just doesn't add up.

Last edited:
Ch 7 reckons for Suns will get the priority pick at the pointy end of the draft, delivering them Rowell and Anderson (plus a likely top 10 pick for Jack Martin).

Give them our pick 3 which is likely to be 4 now and get Luko home. They may be a little generous after this.

So what was it in the end of the day:

Pick 3 (4-5) for 8 (9-10) + 19 (21+)

Pretty fair trade regardless of how it works out from here (bracketed are accounting for GC priority pick, and a bid for the kid in the GWS academy). If there is ever an indictment of how much we ****ed up this season, the fact this trade is fair is that.

Break even?

Menzel played 4 games for us, we eventually sacked him and had to pay him out for the rest of his contract.

In terms of the relative value of the picks, on one hand you're claiming that Pick 28 and Kerridge for Menzel (who was a complete failure) was a break even, yet now you're arguing that Pick 24 in the Gibbs trade is the equivalent of a first rounder ?

You're clearly taking the piss because it simply just doesn't add up.
Pick 28 is a 2nd rounder (and not equivalent to a 1st rounder pick 21 and that draft wasn't consider a strong draft which is the point I am making).

Last edited:

Jake Lever trade

View attachment 734799

Bryce Gibbs trade

View attachment 734806
There's no tangible evidence at all to support this fallacy that we got a better deal for Lever than what we paid for Gibbs.

Even those who were originally trying to justify the deal later conceded that the Gibbs trade turned into a s**t show once we had a poor 2018.

The fact that the club actively traded away Picks 19 and 24 for 2019 picks that suggests that the 2018 draft picks in the late teens and early 20s didn't hold anywhere near the value that you're trying to claim they did.
Draft points are convoluted as s**t, it doesn't take into account the draft strength. Who the hell thinks pick 16 is the worth less than pick 24 and 44 is nuts and BTW, we got pick 21.

So what was it in the end of the day:

Pick 3 (4-5) for 8 (9-10) + 19 (21+)

Pretty fair trade regardless of how it works out from here (bracketed are accounting for GC priority pick, and a bid for the kid in the GWS academy). If there is ever an indictment of how much we f’ed up this season, the fact this trade is fair is that.
Not our fault that Melbourne was s**t as (who would have thought that) and GC will get a priority pick.

Jake Lever trade

View attachment 734799

Bryce Gibbs trade

View attachment 734806

And I told you this previously, another way you could look at it is pick 10 + difference of (pick 21 + 40) - (pick 16 + pick 28) which equals pick 10 + an early 3rd rounder (from memory) which is less than pick 10 + 16 (which is what we got for Lever).

And I told you this previously, another way you could look at it is pick 10 + difference of (pick 21 + 40) - (pick 16 + pick 28) which equals pick 10 + an early 3rd rounder (from memory) which is less than pick 10 + 16 (which is what we got for Lever).

So even after showing you using the draft point calculator (that values every pick in and out) that the evidence says we paid more for Gibbs than we recevied for Lever you're still denying it?

giphy.gif

So even after showing you using the draft point calculator (that values every pick in and out) that the evidence says we paid more for Gibbs than we recevied for Lever you're still denying it?

giphy.gif
That gif sums up debating with him very well. I can’t work out if he’s serious or a master troll

Back