No Oppo Supporters DEATH RIDE 2: A TEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (Picks 3 and 21)

How many wins for the rest of the year under their new coach David Teague?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do we take then?

Personally I don’t think we take 4 to the draft, but if we did I wouldn't have a clue.
It’s harder when as a club you have more choice due to a higher pick. Everyone’s opinions will be different and it will come down to where the guys have each recruit on their talent board. It would be talent over needs and based on that there is a handful at 4-10 that the Crows could choose.

Carlton missing out on Cogs...

Who would have thought???

giphy.gif

Just need it to come out that Cogs wanted to go to Carlton but didn't think a deal could get done because Carton only had pick 8, rather than say, 3.

So even after showing you using the draft point calculator (that values every pick in and out) that the evidence says we paid more for Gibbs than we recevied for Lever you're still denying it?

giphy.gif
No, we got pick 10 in a weak draft & pick 16 in a strong draft for Lever, for Gibbs we gave pick 10 in a weak draft & pick 16 in a weak draft but got the equivalent of a 2017's 1st rounder back with the stronger draft in 2018, using the point system Gibbs was pick 10 + an early 3rd rounder, Lever was pick 10 + 16 so even without taking into account the strength of the 2017 and 2018 draft, we gave less for Gibbs.

How difficult is it to understand my excellent analysis.....? Elite Crow....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, we got pick 10 in a weak draft & pick 16 in a strong draft for Lever, for Gibbs we gave pick 10 in a weak draft & pick 16 in a weak draft but got the equivalent of a 2017's 1st rounder back with the stronger draft in 2018, using the point system Gibbs was pick 10 + an early 3rd rounder, Lever was pick 10 + 16 so even without taking into account the strength of the 2017 and 2018 draft, we gave less for Gibbs.

How difficult is it to understand my excellent analysis.....? Elite Crow....

Let me try and completely dumb it down for you

We gave Carlton 3 picks to get Gibbs and two picks.

We received 2 picks from Melbourne, but gave them 2 picks along with Lever.

Even on a completely basic level it suggests that by giving up 3 picks we paid more for Gibbs than we received for Lever.

Then when you weigh in the actual draft picks in terms of their relative values that measure also suggests that we paid more for Gibbs than we received for Lever.

It doesn't matter how much spin doctoring you try and apply to the relative trades, every conceivable measure suggests that we paid more for Gibbs.

Even on a completely basic level it suggests that by giving up 3 picks we paid more for Gibbs than we received for Lever.

Then when you weigh in the actual draft picks in terms of their relative values that measure also suggests that we paid more for Gibbs than we received for Lever.

It doesn't matter how much spin doctoring you try and apply to the relative trades, every conceivable measure suggests that we paid more for Gibbs.
Yes not that hard to work out

WTF....it depends what picks are given and which draft (which is the point I was making), hence I've always said you needed to look at the trade more closely. I thought my explanation was simple for you to understand, clearly not.

WTF....it depends what picks are given and which draft (which is the point I was making), hence I've always said you needed to look at the trade more closely. I thought my explanation was simple for you to understand, clearly not.

Even weighting them through their respective point value via the draft point calculator SAYS THE SAME THING !!!!!

The whole crux of your argument is based around you placing your own mythical weighting on the draft picks to in effort to try and make them better than they actually are in order to suit your argument.

It's no different to when Carlton supporters were trying to claim that Pick 19 was the equivalent of Pick 6 to them, it's sheer nonsense.

Even weighting them through their respective point value via the draft point calculator SAYS THE SAME THING !!!!!

The whole crux of your argument is based around you placing your own mythical weighting on the draft picks to in effort to try and make them better than they actually are in order to suit your argument.

It's no different to when Carlton supporters were trying to claim that Pick 19 was the equivalent of Pick 6 to them, it's sheer nonsense.
Like I said, the draft point system is convoluted as s**t, how is pick 10 + an early 3rd rounder (points difference between the pick swaps) consider "worth" pick 5 is beyond me and totally nuts, that's why I've always saw pick 10 as separate and not add them to the point system in total (like you did). You need to look at the trade more closely is the point I have always made.

Like I said, the draft point system is convoluted as s**t, how is pick 10 + an early 3rd rounder (points difference between the pick swaps) consider "worth" pick 5 is beyond me and totally nuts, that's why I've always saw pick 10 as separate and not add them to the point system in total (like you did). You need to look at the trade more closely.

It's because our 2nd round pick swaps essentially cancel each other out.

(10+16) - (the difference between our 2nd round pick swap) and the 3rd round pick from Carlton.

The reason why we paid more Gibbs than we recevied for Lever was because Melbourne only paid 2 first round picks for Lever and received a 2nd and 3rd round pick in return while we gave up 2 first round picks as well a 2nd round pick to get a 2nd and a 3rd back with Gibbs.

The 2nd round pick we gave to Carlton is the massive point of difference between the two trades.

Back