• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
We’ve got their first rounder

How well could they possibly go x I mean, they had another mid-table collapse this year, right? *checks notes*

uh-oh… fingrts crossed it ends up like Collingwood/GWS this year
Bit early to open this thread I feel Sydney will Fall on their sword and accept this pick for Dawson

Buckle up. :drunk:

Melbourne is NOT Carlton.

excited-baby-backseat.gif

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
We’ve got their first rounder

How well could they possibly go x I mean, they had another mid-table collapse this year, right? *checks notes*

uh-oh… fingrts crossed it ends up like Collingwood/GWS this year
Will we have their 1st by the end of the trade period? I hope so but I'm fairly confident we won't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Well this year is odd and they won a premiership but in 2019 also an odd year they came 2nd last so really it's they're only good when we hold one of their picks

davos44

Club Legend
May 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Redbacks, Adel United
So wait I forget, is it the even years or the odd years that Melbourne are sh*t?

Traditionally the even years.

98 Prelim
00 GF
02 Semi Final
04 Elimination
06 Semi Final

The odd seasons they were rubbish.

We have no hope of them being rubbish next year, but they might get injuries and finish 5-8 which would be good enough in relative terms

Ummm… no, no they havent.. see their pick 1 in 2018 and their second pick in 2021..

Both picks we had..
I had my tongue planted firmly in my cheek when posting that.

Apr 29, 2010
Ngunnawal
AFL Club
Adelaide
Melbourne had a 30 year period without winning a final in an odd year between 1991 and 2021.
94, 98, 2000, '02, '06 and '18 were finals winning years.

11 seasons between '07 to '17 they didn't even make the finals, 8 consecutive bottom 5 finishes.

Went from 5th to 17th in '18 to '19, two years later they're premiers! Shortest ever rebuild?

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is actually one that CANT go wrong. If you do the trade basing it on them being a genuine premiership contender and them thinking the same, the value of the pick can only go up
(although I highly doubt we keep the pick)

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Melbourne death rides have been fruitful for us in the past. I expect this one to be no different.
Wha..

We had their 1st rounder a few years back and they beat all expectations to make the prelim and we got a mid teens pick. Then the year after when we didn't have it but had Carltons thinking who could possibly finish below them..Melbourne did and stuffed up our pick enough to cost us at least taking Luke Jackson and if not for the Gold Coast PP, Noah Anderson. Then fast forward this year - we have the melbourne 2nd rounder and they win the bleddy comp and it is almost pick 40

They are THE worst team for us to deathride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back