Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Wooden Spoon: Pick 1, baby!

Votes: 36 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 27, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Free Agency is just that ridiculous. You get a great player, and you still get decent draft access. I would completely agree with you except that I think that Richmond were already the best team in the comp, and lacked just one thing - a foil for Jack. They now have that foil, and didn't have to give up anything to procure him.

West Coast, I'd have them top 4 comfortably, and I was glad to have them win instead of the pies. I rate them, but I just have Richmond that far ahead of the competition.

Of course, the beauty of the game - we've seen over the last few years what can happen. Bulldogs win from 7th, Richmond win 2017, improve, become minor premiers, and one substandard game knocks you out. That's the way it goes.

I could theoretically create another category with West Coast and Melbourne in it. But it seems overkill, and I wouldn't be surprised to a see any of the teams I have in that band finishing above them.

I feel like the advantage Richmond have by playing the majority of their games at the MCG helps them substantially. Although it’s common for great teams to dominate at their home, I’m referencing the 2-4 away games they play at the MCG each year as well. We were able to see what happened when they played any finals quality side outside of the MCG.

I feel like the advantage Richmond have by playing the majority of their games at the MCG helps them substantially. Although it’s common for great teams to dominate at their home, I’m referencing the 2-4 away games they play at the MCG each year as well. We were able to see what happened when they played any finals quality side outside of the MCG.
I can see what you mean, but I honestly think that they were still better than everyone else. No one wins 100% of games.

That said, that was just my prediction of the ladder and groupings. Each to their own - can't be sure until this time next year, and even then, it'll still be debateable. I'd still say the Tiges were the best team in the comp this season, but they didn't win, and I'd imagine I'd have a few disagreeing with me.

In the meanwhile, at least we can both agree: PIES 4 THA SPOON!

StevoJenkins

The Weekend Worker
Sep 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
AFL
Collingwood over achieved this year - can see them 9-13, 7 at best.

Gold Coast could surprise us all next year with most of the players who don't want to be there out. Don't understand all the hate towards them, if they don't do well, AFL in Queensland doesn't really do well. You'd want them to have a better year next year regardless of what picks we have from them.

Freo will rise, but only to 12th at the highest. They play too defensively, won't see them get to their new forward half enough/efficiently.

Billy Puller

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
What happens when the pies PED scandal is exsposed? Not like the AFL can strip their pick it’s ours now. If they get stripped of all there points do we get pick 1

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What happens when the pies PED scandal is exsposed? Not like the AFL can strip their pick it’s ours now. If they get stripped of all there points do we get pick 1
Haha wouldn't that stir some feathers. Quick let's go inject some Collingwood players hahaha (nah seriously joking, would be an extremely dog thing to do even to Collingwood players. They are still people, unlike their supporters).

Actually if the Pies did do something that caused them to be stripped of all of their picks next year ... would we lose our pick because it is 'theirs' or would we keep it because it is now 'ours'?

Actually if the Pies did do something that caused them to be stripped of all of their picks next year ... would we lose our pick because it is 'theirs' or would we keep it because it is now 'ours'?
We wouldn't lose our pick.

The AFL has applied a points penalty in the past, rather than a "first round pick", so they might do that. Or they might just take the following year's first round pick.

We wouldn't lose our pick.

The AFL has applied a points penalty in the past, rather than a "first round pick", so they might do that. Or they might just take the following year's first round pick.

Would we get a pick where their first should have been before point penalties or after point penalties?

Would be controversial to give the grand finalists pick 1

Would we get a pick where their first should have been before point penalties or after point penalties?

Would be controversial to give the grand finalists pick 1

Collingwood doesn't have a first round pick any more, so any point penalties would be paid using other picks. The pick we have is unaffected.

carnaroys08

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cowboys, Storm.
It's a tough one. I'm holding my expectations as a bottom four pick - 15-18. Though there is potential there.

Pies really weren't that good in the first half of the year. After 10 rounds they were sitting in 8th spot, saved from 9th by Port being a game behind (China bye). Unfortunately, I think they'll have gained a lot of confidence from their finals series, and while they definitely hit a purple patch at the end of the season, I think the confidence will carry them through to another high finish

That said, that area is going to be very crowded again next year. I think Essendon will make the most of their AFL-assisted cheating and push up. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Port do better than expected.

I'm looking at next year like this:

Top end - Richmond
Next band - Melbourne, West Coast, Collingwood, Essendon, GWS, Geelong
Finals fight - North, Port, Hawthorn, Sydney
Outside the finals - Brisbane, Bulldogs, Adelaide, Fremantle
Bottom Rung - St Kilda, Carlton, Gold Coast

This is my predicted ladder order, which has Pies 4th, but finishing anywhere 2-7.

Going to be a fun death-ride.
Yeasterday we had a crack at grouping the teams for next season. Quite similar to what you came up.

Top 6 (Alphabetical Order) Cats, Dees, Dons, Eagles, Giants, Tigers.
Fighting for last two spots (AO) Crows, Dogs, Hawks, Lions, Pies, Roos, Swans. Bottom 5 (AO) Blues, Dockers, Port, Saints, Suns.

Pies have a tough draw, death riding them will be fun. Also, I'm of the opinion that Port & Freo will both slide. I reckon there are influential people at both those clubs who are not 100% behind the coach, which affects team performance.

As someone who is very anti-tanking, this upcoming season will be the only season in history where I hope we end up with Pick 1 at the end of round 23.

Not because I want pick 1 but just so the scum get the spoon

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Adelaide doubled down on their Carlton deathride.

As much as I want that Collingwood pick as low as possible, I’m really rooting for Carlton’s season to implode.

Adelaide doubled down on their Carlton deathride.

As much as I want that Collingwood pick as low as possible, I’m really rooting for Carlton’s season to implode.
Can you really kill that was already dead? Can something implode when it has neither mass nor volume?

I already haven't tipped Carlton in two years.

Berrygood

All Australian
Aug 27, 2017
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Speaking to a pies fan i told him that their last draft pic ( atu longlastname) is the grandson of joffa. His immediate response was, orh no he's going to be all up in the dressing room now. I laughed very hard.

_thelionsshare_

Draftee
Oct 8, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
20181128_073240.png

I’m really rooting for Carlton’s season to implode.
I want them to finish second last. The idea of them getting another #1 pick really irks me for some reason.

Back