Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Wooden Spoon: Pick 1, baby!

Votes: 36 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

Come on you Sainters.

Not sure it really matters at this point. Looks like the death ride this year is a bust but no one cares because we're actually not s**t and it's more exciting to watch the development of the young stars we have than looking to the next pick we get that might end up a star.
If we can play finals this year I couldn't give less than a s**t what we end up with in terms of draft picks.

Not sure it really matters at this point. Looks like the death ride this year is a bust but no one cares because we're actually not **** and it's more exciting to watch the development of the young stars we have than looking to the next pick we get that might end up a star.
If we can play finals this year I couldn't give less than a **** what we end up with in terms of draft picks.

It's more of a reverse death ride seeing the pick we gave the Gold Coast become later and later in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast would have been hoping for a top four pick. At least top 10. At present it's pick 16
I think top 10 would've been a reasonable expectation.

11-18 would be disappointing.

I think top 10 would've been a reasonable expectation.

11-18 would be disappointing.

At this stage I'm guessing that they will end up with pick 12-13 (assuming no relevant FA compo picks) and we'll have pick 16-18 from collingwood. I think we'll make the 8 but we are clear candidates for an elimination final loss away from home.

Still we'd be pretty happy with that slight downgrade of our pick this year - Neale is way more valuable than Beams given age and is the better player.

At this stage I'm guessing that they will end up with pick 12-13 (assuming no relevant FA compo picks) and we'll have pick 16-18 from collingwood. I think we'll make the 8 but we are clear candidates for an elimination final loss away from home.

Still we'd be pretty happy with that slight downgrade of our pick this year - Neale is way more valuable than Beams given age and is the better player.

It's making the GC trade look a lot better (pick 13 for picks 19, 22 and 44), even without including the Beams trade that the GC trade resulted in us getting Collingwood's 2019 first rounder (by unlocking the Neale trade).

It's making the GC trade look a lot better (pick 13 for picks 19, 22 and 44), even without including the Beams trade that the GC trade resulted in us getting Collingwood's 2019 first rounder (by unlocking the Neale trade).

Very good point. Potential for GC to slip into the bottom two as well and turn it into say pick 12 for picks 19, 20 and 44.

Damn, that's looking like a winner. Gotta wonder if Lyons and his salary came into it. Not that taking on Lyons hurt us in any way but there's gotta be something else GC gained from that. I suppose they simply may have not anticipated us improving as we have but even if we were on the edge of the 8 or slightly lower it still would look like a pretty one-sided trade.

Damn, that's looking like a winner. Gotta wonder if Lyons and his salary came into it. Not that taking on Lyons hurt us in any way but there's gotta be something else GC gained from that. I suppose they simply may have not anticipated us improving as we have but even if we were on the edge of the 8 or slightly lower it still would look like a pretty one-sided trade.

If we missed the eight it can be argued that they won it - two picks around 20 for a top 10 pick, and the trade would've been viewed as having a lot more upside for them than us. Would've (and was) considered a bit of a no brainer for them to be honest, and there were a lot on here lamenting us giving away a top 5 pick.

Gold Coast could be bottom tonight.
Can't help but feel we got a good year to get their pick. With all these close losses it has a bit of a Lions 2018 feel about it.

Back