• 9 - 13

Votes: 34 15.8%
  • 14 - 17

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Wooden Spoon: Pick 1, baby!

Votes: 36 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not only that Freo one of our challengers for a final spot. We need to start death riding the likes of Freo Port Richmond and Essendon.
Freo is already in the thread title... :p

Royboys44

Senior List
Apr 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wish the player we took instead of Stephenson had the standing across the AFL, was as as damaging and was as influential to our side as to what Stephenson clearly is to Collingwood. Such a shame.
Rayner will end hop being a dynamic and match winning bull and importantly never need too be suspended for negligence. We all need to calm the farm and remember he is 19 and in his 2nd year and our expectations have grown immensely as we are winning games and we are all hungry for more. 2019 is probably not going to be our year but will be a mighty step in the right direction. The difference for our players and members should always be our loyalty and passion for each other. Royboy spirit live on!

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Collingwood's next month looks tricky, could realistically lose 3 of those, would love to see the Hawks really put the pressure on this Friday night.

Hawks MCG, Eagles away, Giants away, Tigers MCG.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Collingwood have looked really ordinary the last few weeks.

Without Stephenson, their forward line looks a bit pedestrian, virtually impotent against North and now they have lost Reid too.

An implosion in the next few weeks isn't totally out of the question

Also their rise to the top coincided with Stephenson's first year.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
We have Suns' 2nd, correct?

I don't bear the Suns any particularl ill will and I've kind of admired the way they've had a red hot go in almost all their games.

Having said that, it's hard not to death ride them considering that at this stage, we're looking at Pick 19

paulige

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

As it currently stands:

• Pick 19, 19, & 40, for Pick 14...
  • OR 2325 points, for 1161 points...
  • OR the equivalent of Pick 2-3ish, for Pick 14..
  • OR we manufactured 1164 points out of thin air (equivalent to Pick 14)

Take your... pick.

(also not to mention the 2018 Pick 19 helped us secure Neale)

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
The criticism from Crows fans that Noble is a trade table pushover is really falling apart.

Pick 12 for Charlie was the biggest piece of ammo for that argument and even that is looking like an astute bit of business.

View attachment 702424

As it currently stands:

• Pick 19, 19, & 40, for Pick 14...
  • OR 2325 points, for 1161 points...
  • OR the equivalent of Pick 2-3ish, for Pick 14..
  • OR we manufactured 1164 points out of thin air (equivalent to Pick 14)

Take your... pick.

(also not to mention the 2018 Pick 19 helped us secure Neale)

Remember at the time this trade occured it was realistic to incur a small loss to wriggle our way into a prime position for the Neale and beams trades. (my posts at the time laid this out in EXTREME DETAIL).

As it turns out, we rose faster than any of us could have thought possible and we're going to get some value out of this trade now.

Just shows that fagnob are oracle's. Even my most optimistic read of the situation pales in the face of what actually happened.

Two first rounders for beams.
Lachie Neale in Brownlow form.
Gained draft currency after trading a first round pick (take note SOS)

So proud of the boys.

The criticism from Crows fans that Noble is a trade table pushover is really falling apart.

Pick 12 for Charlie was the biggest piece of ammo for that argument and even that is looking like an astute bit of business.

I was talking to my mate at golf about this on the weekend. I can’t believe people were criticising us giving up pick 12 for a known quantity and would have preferred to enter the draft lottery.

I can’t be arsed checking but in my head I seem to have the impression that we basically (over 2 trade periods) ended up trading Hanley for Charlie right?

If so. Winning!

One thing we've nailed, perhaps even a tad unintentionally, is moving on our senior players at the right time.

Loved Hanley beams and Rockliff but I think we managed to extract good value out of all of them. Rockliff maybe less so than the other two

I can’t be arsed checking but in my head I seem to have the impression that we basically (over 2 trade periods) ended up trading Hanley for Charlie right?

If so. Winning!

Don’t forget Jared Polec’s contribution to netting us pick 12.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
One thing we've nailed, perhaps even a tad unintentionally, is moving on our senior players at the right time.

Loved Hanley beams and Rockliff but I think we managed to extract good value out of all of them. Rockliff maybe less so than the other two

Rockliff pretty reasonable value considering he's not exactly setting the world on fire at Port. I agree that it hasn't been as much of a win as the other two.

The other benefit to moving them on is that we have been able to re-shape the age profile of the list - not that any of the trades were directly linked (other than Hanley and Charlie Cameron) but we've moved on a bunch of players now in their late 20s/early 30s and picked up quite a few in the 23-27 bracket. It means we no longer have a concentration of players at the end of their prime with a large number of recent draftees.

Rockliff received an offer of pick 2 by the Demons, so arguably we didn't strictly maximize his value but we probably would've been pissed at that point if we offloaded him.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Rockliff received an offer of pick 2 by the Demons, so arguably we didn't strictly maximize his value but we probably would've been pissed at that point if we offloaded him.

Yeah and no guarantee we would have picked Josh Kelly (though I assume we would have) and a pretty minimal chance he would have stayed through such dreadful times. Rockliff was pretty young at that stage too so definitely wasn't the time to sell.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

If Charlie were in the open draft that year he'd have gone top 10 minimum

Rockliff pretty reasonable value considering he's not exactly setting the world on fire at Port. I agree that it hasn't been as much of a win as the other two.

The other benefit to moving them on is that we have been able to re-shape the age profile of the list - not that any of the trades were directly linked (other than Hanley and Charlie Cameron) but we've moved on a bunch of players now in their late 20s/early 30s and picked up quite a few in the 23-27 bracket. It means we no longer have a concentration of players at the end of their prime with a large number of recent draftees.

The benefit we got was in getting rid of the ratbag, me first culture that we had, with our leaders now Andrews, Berry and cohorts.

Back