• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
This thread was created no doubt, with the expectation that we were in for another "development" season. Where draft picks were going to be THE major talking point from Round 8, 12 or 15 or whenever we dropped out if finals contention. Let's be honest, most of us were hoping for maybe 8-10 wins, 11 tops if we got lucky.

I myself, was predicting 10 and thought I probably was being a bit optimistic.

Surely the intent/spirit of this thread has faded into irrelevancy.

Anyone here death riding Freo against the Cats yesterday? If so, give yourself an uppercut.

Similarly, I have been barracking hard for the Suns the last few weeks in the (ultimately futile) hope they might help us shore up our position in the top 4, THIS season.

Incredible how perspectives can change.

EDIT: For obvious reasons, it goes without saying that death riding the Pies remains front and square for we Death Riders ;)

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Crows not doing us any favours

Hopefully Collingwood get knocked out first week of finals

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
They'd be backing themselves after last time but we're a very different team since then that has totally restructured our play style. I'd welcome it.

I was more thinking in terms of our draft pick - if they finish in the top 4 it is going to be later in the first round. I'd back us at home v them in a final and would prefer to play them instead of the Tiges probably.

You’d pay everything in the world for where we are compared to anyone else

Oh I am not in the slightest unhappy with our current position - just commenting that every game recently where I/we have barracked for x to beat y because that would be better for us x seems to stuff it up horribly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we win next week pretty likely we play Collingwood first week of finals at the Gabba. How sweet it would be if we knocked them off after earlier in the year.

Collingwood are the team Im most concerned about facing in a finals tbh...

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
What's going on people, why is this thread being so neglected with what could be happening at the MCG tonight. If the Magpies go out in straight sets we end up with selection 13 or 14:cool:. Come on you Cats.

What's going on people, why is this thread being so neglected with what could be happening at the MCG tonight. If the Magpies go out in straight sets we end up with selection 13 or 14:cool:. Come on you Cats.

View attachment 741455
Eehhh! Pick 15 will do, after we rip through them at the Gabba in the prelim.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Cats finished higher on the ladder in the regular season. So if that's the tie breaker then they have 16.

If hosting the prelim counts for more then what you say is correct.

Pretty sure hosting the prelim pushes you Up.

Back