Death Riding Carlton

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
When I read Carlton fans backing Bolton in as coach even though he is dragging them down the ladder, I wonder if they are death riding Carlton more than Crows fans
Exactly.

If he was a dud destined to lead them nowhere what would his W/L have been? Pretty similar

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
When I read Carlton fans backing Bolton in as coach even though he is dragging them down the ladder, I wonder if they are death riding Carlton more than Crows fans
He’s not dragging them down, it’s their list that’s doing that. They’ll be okay in 2-3 years, that’s how long it’s going to take to clean up that mess.

MarcusP2

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
He’s not dragging them down, it’s their list that’s doing that. They’ll be okay in 2-3 years, that’s how long it’s going to take to clean up that mess.
Unless the majority of their 17 under 22 players (plus this year's draft) become good players (and can replace Gibbs, Simpson, Kreuzer, Casboult, Murphy) they will have limited improvement.

They look to have 4 very good players on the way (Curnow, Weitering, Marchbank, SPS) to go with Cripps and Docherty but most teams can say that.

May 25, 2009
Back in S.A.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Exactly.

If he was a dud destined to lead them nowhere what would his W/L have been? Pretty similar

Just goes to show, whilst you're in the honeymoon period a coach can do no wrong.

I'll wait and see how Bolton goes under the weight of real expectation. Right now the bar is set ultra low.

Oct 8, 2012
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Sturt
If you have us finishing first, why not go Melbourne 11th or 12th? They are probably only one key injury away from a big fall. Teams may have worked them out and they might not be able to change their style enough to overcome. Plus the Karma bus will be coming for them hard.
Yep, especially if it's big Max that goes down, they are are short on talls.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

The former Melbourne forward says that St Kilda and the Demons are at most risk of tumbling down the ladder in 2018 if the clubs’ injury prone stars continue to spend significant time on the sidelines.

“If Melbourne lose (Jesse) Hogan and (Sam) Weideman and (Jake) Lever to injuries, they’ll fall away,” he said.

“I’m worried about my mob. We’ve got injury prone players as well. Jesse Hogan, who has had issues, you can’t predict cancer but there’s just a lot of things. Christian Salem had a thyroid condition (that could) flare up again.”

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
That can be said for any club... Inc the crows... Luckily for us we have a bit of depth in all areas.
Yes .....but we WANT this to be true .....want Melbourne's top 10 pick next year .....pick 4 or 5 would be great thankyou

That can be said for any club... Inc the crows... Luckily for us we have a bit of depth in all areas.
Yes, I think we have far better depth than a couple of years ago & better than most top teams. Think we can cover anyone... but if any team gets a bad injury run, then they are probably in strife.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

The former Melbourne forward says that St Kilda and the Demons are at most risk of tumbling down the ladder in 2018 if the clubs’ injury prone stars continue to spend significant time on the sidelines.

“If Melbourne lose (Jesse) Hogan and (Sam) Weideman and (Jake) Lever to injuries, they’ll fall away,” he said.

“I’m worried about my mob. We’ve got injury prone players as well. Jesse Hogan, who has had issues, you can’t predict cancer but there’s just a lot of things. Christian Salem had a thyroid condition (that could) flare up again.”
Say what...Weidemann is one of their 3 most important players along side Leaver who hasn't played a game?

What is this guy on?

Slightly worrying: poster on the Carlton board reckons they are in an "infinitely better" position with their team than 12 months ago, without Gibbs and Docherty.

Luckily it was everyone's friend geoff.

Slightly worrying: poster on the Carlton board reckons they are in an "infinitely better" position with their team than 12 months ago, without Gibbs and Docherty.

Lol, he is their equivalent of Janus...

Roovolution

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

I think you might be surprised at how Carlton do this season. They’re young but they will play a very tight and disciplined style of game. Gibbs is one player and one player never makes much of a difference to a team. What happened to the Crows after Danger left us?

Roovolution

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Say what...Weidemann is one of their 3 most important players along side Leaver who hasn't played a game?

What is this guy on?

Stupid comment by OX. Lever hasn’t even suited up for them yet. Viney and Gawn are the ones they need to keep healthy. Melbourne beat us at AO without Hogan. Hogan has missed a lot of football over the last couple of years.

Oct 8, 2012
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Sturt
I think you might be surprised at how Carlton do this season. They’re young but they will play a very tight and disciplined style of game. Gibbs is one player and one player never makes much of a difference to a team. What happened to the Crows after Danger left us?
Danger was the epitome of the Ewing effect, we defer to him and our team structures suffered IMO. One of Gibbs strengths is that his game is inclusive. Aslo Doc out will be just as if not more damaging for the blues.

Back