Death Riding Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think you have a handle on the definition of 'infinitely'. It's arguable whether you'll be better at all in the current, let alone 'infinitely' better.
Infinitely better would be pretty amazing. Will win every game by infinity. Have a percentage of infinity.

Great!

In my opinion the crows now have one of the weakest defences in the comp which should see them finish in the bottom half of the top 8 and out in straight sets.

Mate, bottom half of the 8 don't get the opportunity to go out in 'straight sets'. It's constant elimination games. It's been a while since you've tuned into footy in September, isn't it? But this is undoubtedly your year. We're smelling what you're cooking, we know you're coming, we're fearful of what you're bringing. The sleeping giant has awoken.

Actually, you're s**t, you'll continue to be s**t, there's nothing on the horizon at all. Enjoy.

Haha. Now you are tripping over yourself. He plays on the oppositions best small forwards, it’s very rare he plays on medium sized forwards. That’s the match up for Kelly and co.

So they move him after one goal? What does he do for the rest of the game? Sit on the bench? That’s a classic even for you Geoff. Time to go home flog.

They move him to an opponent he can handle.. geez it's not that hard mate! But I wouldn't expect any less here

Gray kicked 1 goal in the second half of that game, you are making s**t up.
Yeah because brown got moved off him as soon As it became clear Gray was becoming a factor! He set up goals too, why can I remember this but you can't? Trying to forget it or just ignored it at the time?

Typical crows argument. Focus on the superlative used, that should win the debate :thumbsu:
True. Crows supporters generally understand the meanings of words.

Transition from defence is the big question mark for me this year without Smithers and Leaver. I’m hoping someone fills those roles but it’s a concern. Leaver was good with ball in hand, capable of pulling off that risky 45 degree kick and opening the middle up. I’ve still got my heart in my mouth when the others (Talia, Hartigan, Kelly) try it.

Exactly my point. There is no backman now who can break the game open. This was a key to the Crows success last year particularly with smith. Watch the grand final again, Lever was the only Crows defender who tried to take the game on, the others went into their shell.

Typical crows argument. Focus on the superlative used, that should win the debate :thumbsu:
You seem to be having the misconception that we're having a debate. I'm just being laughing at, and being entertained by your rubbish.

They move him to an opponent he can handle.. geez it's not that hard mate! But I wouldn't expect any less here
Yeah because brown got moved off him as soon As it became clear Gray was becoming a factor! He set up goals too, why can I remember this but you can't? Trying to forget it or just ignored it at the time?
Looks it’s clear your are now just trolling, no one gets moved after conceding one goal and then you are ignoring that he still needs to play the rest of the game without conceding a goal!

deaneus Drugs Are Bad Mackay? can you thread ban this flog, he’s just trolling now.

Great!

In my opinion the crows now have one of the weakest defences in the comp which should see them finish in the bottom half of the top 8 and out in straight sets.
In my opinion, I don't really care what you think. But it will be great to watch Jacobs, down to Gibbs, goes long, spills over the pack to EddieBetts, goal!

Listen to the crowd...Eeeeeeeeeeedddiiieeeeee

They have infinity

That bloke actually reckons that Lever wouldn't get a game in their first choice defence. But he's a HUGE loss to ours, irreplaceable really. Then, Gibbs is their 3rd best mid, miles behind 2, AND they've got a very promising forward line. And yet, they're every shade of s**t. Just pure s**t. Where is it all going wrong? That's the question that a reasonable person would ask. Not Geoff though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks it’s clear your are now just trolling, no one gets moved after conceding one goal and then you are ignoring that he still needs to play the rest of the game without conceding a goal!

deaneus Drugs Are Bad Mackay? can you thread ban this flog, he’s just trolling now.
Wasn't it you who brought him into this thread?

Edit - apologies was dogs105

Your ignoring the fact that Gray turned the game for port in that quarter. You're just looking at his goals. I shouldn't have to argue this, go back and watch the third quarter for yourself. Brown gets smoked then both Cheney and Hartigan play on Gray after that.

That bloke actually reckons that Lever wouldn't get a game in their first choice defence. But he's a HUGE loss to ours, irreplaceable really. Then, Gibbs is their 3rd best mid, miles behind 2, AND they've got a very promising forward line. And yet, they're every shade of s**t. Just pure s**t. Where is it all going wrong? That's the question that a reasonable person would ask. Not Geoff though.

You do reaslise that for most of the season last year we were playing half 21 and under side? Like 4 and 5 first year players per week?

You're welcome

Anyway i didn't tag him. I just found his crap hilarious. Not really my fault he stalks our board.

Your ignoring the fact that Gray turned the game for port in that quarter. You're just looking at his goals. I shouldn't have to argue this, go back and watch the third quarter for yourself. Brown gets smoked then both Cheney and Hartigan play on Gray aftrnher that.
I saw Mods kick 13 on Silvagni in 1994. That bloke was rubbish. Can't believe he gets mentioned in "best defender" conversations .

Yeah it was, for a minute there I thought you caught onto Geoff’s posting style.

Irrespective, I know as Mods you guys are pretty tolerant, having said that the guy is a troll, surely you can see that? And this a thread about Death Riding Carlton, not reading about Geoff’s lack of knowledge about the Crows.

You do reaslise that for most of the season last year we were playing half 21 and under side? Like 4 and 5 first year players per week?
Because you have traded always many of your good mid-age players who should be taking over from the older players who will retire over the next few years, which means you are years away from finals action.

Your ignoring the fact that Gray turned the game for port in that quarter. You're just looking at his goals. I shouldn't have to argue this, go back and watch the third quarter for yourself. Brown gets smoked then both Cheney and Hartigan play on Gray after that.
You really have dumbed down this thread to a new level, given your lack of appreciation that Brown quells the opposition's most dangerous forward the vast majority of times. Every player has an off day, but fortunately for the Crows, our players have far, far fewer off days than Carlton players... hence we are in premiership contention & you are in wooden spoon contention.

Thanks for giving us a laugh at your idiocy.

Cheers.

Luke Breust kicked 4 goals on him in the first quarter of 2015 final. Brown got moved

Was moved off dusty in the GF after being beaten easily

Was moved off Robbie gray in 2016 second showdown after being turned inside out.

Ffs I even remember him being moved off Troy Menzel after being led a merry dance in 2015.

There are many many examples

If you don't notice this then you must not know your players very well

You talk as if this doesn’t happen to other players all the time. I can’t remember the stat I say recently but it actually showed that Brown graded out as our best defender. I’d love to dig it up as I was quite surprised by the stat.

Gray kicked 1 goal in the second half of that game, you are making s**t up.

Hartigan h
That is a very glass half full way to look at it.

The way I see it is that Brown is a liability who regularly gets moved from player to player during games after being beaten. Offers nothing offensively. Almost a liability, can't beleive he escapes critisim.

Keath is a lockdown type who is neither an accomplished one on one player nor a quality ball user.

Kelly is a battler, I like his aggression, but is not a player who is known for his kicking skills. Nor is he an accomplished one on one player

Talia is one of the best lockdown players in the comp but offers zero offensively

Hartigan got shown up badly in the gf. Good one on one but the pressure will mount with no Smith and lever and his skills will be shown up as they were in the GF

Laird is a gun

Gibbs can go down back, but your transition from defence will not resemble what it did last year. It will be slow, which was the problem in the GF.

Hartigan has his faults but he COMPLETELY shut down Gray in the last Showdown.

Keith has only played a couple of games. Don’t you think you’re judging him too early???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back