Oppo Camp Death Riding: Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

I tipped the cats but only because they are playing in the tunnel in geelong
They’d want to play better then they did at that “oval” then they did against norf last week.
West Coast continues to be the most overrated side in the comp but they’re a much better side then norf.

So you're saying if it all goes to plan we'll have 3 picks in the first 22ish? One top 10, 18 and 21 0r 22. Sounds like a decent haul :cool:
I reckon it will end up being something like:

8, 18, 24, *28+, 36, 40, 56.

Pick 8 (Geelong to finish 10th-ish)
Pick 18 (our first after winning the flag)
Pick 24 (Stkilda to finish 13th-ish)
*Pick late 20s+ (Free agency comp/other gain if a player leaves as per usual)
Pick 36 (our second rounder)
Pick 40 (Gold Coast third rounder)
Pick 54 (our 3rd)

Not a chance we are getting a first round pick for CCJ unless he plays almost every game when available and plays top level football.

Yep, no way they would hand over their first when Preuss and Flynn are more proven at top level and CCJ comes with the baggage from last year.

Preuss would have played a lot more senior football if he hadn't had the misfortune of being listed with Norf and Melbourne behind Goldstein and Gawn, Flynn is also ahead in a number of areas on what I've seen.

Pick 20 and weve developed him. I reckon hes worth a late first
Played 1 senior games flip it the other way round.
If we were chasing a 4 year player whose only played 1 game and carries the baggage from last year (right or wrong), no way would we pay that much.
As a comparison we handed over a third round pick for Nankervis who played 3 years with Sydney and was a emergency in their GF side.

Played 1 senior games flip it the other way round.
If we were chasing a 4 year player whose only played 1 game and carries the baggage from last year (right or wrong), no way would we pay that much.
As a comparison we handed over a third round pick for Nankervis who played 3 years with Sydney and was a emergency in their GF side.
I can think of a few reasons why it would be a late first rounder:-

-Hes only played 1 game based on such a strong side, not lack of talent or ability.
- Its a strong draft for mids and talls will be hard to snare.
- When you are gws you pay overs when you have a need. What did we get for Deledio, for example. 1st and a 3rd rounder.
- I think our development system and club culture have currency with other clubs.
- We rate CCJ very highly and have a need for him. - We wont be letting hom go cheap.
- There was talk at the end of last year a couple of Melbourne based clubs and Adelaide were sniffing around for a trade and the talk then was a late first rounder might get it done, if we agreed to let him go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’d want to play better then they did at that “oval” then they did against norf last week.
West Coast continues to be the most overrated side in the comp but they’re a much better side then norf.
This one aged poorly, I wasn’t wrong about WC being the most overrated side in the competition though.

Yep, no way they would hand over their first when Preuss and Flynn are more proven at top level and CCJ comes with the baggage from last year.

Preuss would have played a lot more senior football if he hadn't had the misfortune of being listed with Norf and Melbourne behind Goldstein and Gawn, Flynn is also ahead in a number of areas on what I've seen.
Buy are those 2 capable of playing fwd?

Buy are those 2 capable of playing fwd?

Both are capable, because Flynn has rucked solo we haven't seen anything of him resting forward, but he has a one-grab pair of hands and he's a decent kick for a big unit.

I'm sure GWS could use CCJ on their list, but with the rucks mentioned and Hogan/Finlayson/Himmelberg as their key talls, I'm not even sure he'd be a walk up starter, which is why I agreed they wouldn't give up their first-rounder for him.

Both are capable, because Flynn has rucked solo we haven't seen anything of him resting forward, but he has a one-grab pair of hands and he's a decent kick for a big unit.

I'm sure GWS could use CCJ on their list, but with the rucks mentioned and Hogan/Finlayson/Himmelberg as their key talls, I'm not even sure he'd be a walk up starter, which is why I agreed they wouldn't give up their first-rounder for him.
Good points.
But must be some doubt about Hogan getting any type of career going.
By the sounds of it.Gws isn't in a good space club wise atm.

Good points.
But must be some doubt about Hogan getting any type of career going.
By the sounds of it.Gws isn't in a good space club wise atm.

Yeah, there would have to be a question mark on Hogan in the short and long term.

Hard to say with GWS. On the face of it the signs are ominous, but on field they're certainly showing a lot of spirit and the bulk of their new kids have a lot of promise - there's numerous rock solid, consistent role players in the latest crops. Might end up a bit like the Suns, they need to crash and burn for a while to finally find that core group of young players who are determined to find success together.

Their list is actually looking better long term with fewer selfish 'stars' who pick and choose when they're going to turn up, IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back