Oppo Camp Death Riding GWS 2020 - Pick 1 here we come baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I thought you only death ride bad clubs like Carlton and Melbourne. What are we looking at getting here? Pick 14-18 which will get blown out because of a compromised draft. Eh.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I thought you only death ride bad clubs like Carlton and Melbourne. What are we looking at getting here? Pick 14-18 which will get blown out because of a compromised draft. Eh.
Did you want to set up a Carlton death riding thread as we have their future 4th rounder..or just set one up anyway just to wish ill on their club haha

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

But it's free. Reid was just on AA, they've got about 4 guys that will be available at 6 that they'd take. There's a gap between 1-2, 3, and then a clump of players. They see SFA difference between 4 and about 8. So we get a free pick next year for nothing. Can't knock this at all.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
But it's free. Reid was just on AA, they've got about 4 guys that will be available at 6 that they'd take. There's a gap between 1-2, 3, and then a clump of players. They see SFA difference between 4 and about 8. So we get a free pick next year for nothing. Can't knock this at all.
I think he means in the terms of a death riding thread, it’s pretty clear where GWS will finish

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
I like this. Sad that we won't have a pick in about the 12 -15 range (that WB pick would've been really good) as some good SA potential there this year but we are slowly amassing a tonne of draft flexibility at the same time other clubs are amassing inflexibility. Imagine clubs like Port have a bad year next year and they've given away all their draft stocks, there'll be a tonne of pressure on them to get some more, enter clubs like us to get a premium for a first or second rounder. Melb and i think Westcoast, hawks and GWS are in similar boats.

Also, I hope the clubs are thinking like the supporters.... its all too hard next year.. and I bet we've already seen that as an opportunity and are all over it like a massive tropical rash.

Last edited:

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Also, if there is a big South Australian fish to be brought home, it can only be us with a chance of getting them now, port have got no draft picks to satisfy getting someone of note next year.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
I’ve suggested this before and will suggest it again

The AFL should require every club trade out their next year’s first round pick

Integrity is assured. No more incentive for tanking, but still get compensation for a poor list because other teams will pay more for your first

Viewership will go up. On average each team’s supporters will be following two teams - their team plus the team whose first round pick they own

This has gotta be high on Stephen Hocking’s list of Excellent Ideas to Improve the AFL

Did you want to set up a Carlton death riding thread as we have their future 4th rounder..or just set one up anyway just to wish ill on their club haha
You could just get relapse and deaneus to unlock the one I already started...

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Hello

We already have a Death Riding thread - which we locked - for next year. Let us mods have a chat and see what we want to do about it, the last one caused nothing but trouble.

deaneus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back