Analysis Death-Riding Melbourne 2018 (now with poll)

Where will Melbourne finish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Those future years are up in the air.
What if he never gets back to peak fitness?

What if the pick we got from you ends up being a superstar?

So many what ifs.

Players come back fine from reco's all the time now, this isn't the 90's. (Alex Johnson the exception obviously)

Im much more concerned about Viney's foot than Lever's knee moving forward to be honest.

And this kind of bravado like you saw it coming, complete bs, your club and supporters were salty and wanted to keep him remember?? Could have happened to anyone.

And this kind of bravado like you saw it coming, complete bs, your club and supporters were salty and wanted to keep him remember?? Could have happened to anyone.
What are you on about? Lever did his knee as a junior. It was always a risk. It's why so many clubs passed on him in the first place. You don't have to be nostradamus to know he runs a risk of repeating that injury.

I think Crows fans are just relieved in happened after the trade. If he had done a second knee before leaving the Crows it would have tanked his value at the trade table.

What are you on about? Lever did his knee as a junior. It was always a risk. It's why so many clubs passed on him in the first place. You don't have to be nostradamus to know he runs a risk of repeating that injury.

I think Crows fans are just relieved in happened after the trade. If he had done a second knee before leaving the Crows it would have tanked his value at the trade table.

Lol, results based post at its finest...

Just like when Joel Selwood's groins were shot and Chris Judd may never recover from osteitis pubis.

Max Gawn has done knee 3 times from his junior days til now, going alright at the moment. :thumbsu:

You would have resigned him if he wanted to stay, there were no ifs or buts about it, its not like Adelaide's brilliant doctors said he's risk moving forward so trade him now, Taylor's pre bnf hissy fit summed up your club as a whole.

Just like when Joel Selwood's groins were shot and Chris Judd may never recover from osteitis pubis.

Max Gawn has done knee 3 times from his junior days til now, going alright at the moment. :thumbsu:

You would have resigned him if it wanted to stay, there were no ifs or buts about it, its not Adelaide's brilliant doctors said he's risk moving forward so trade him now, Taylor's pre bnf hissy fit summed up your club as a whole.

Can someone please translate the last paragraph?

You would have resigned him if it wanted to stay, there were no ifs or buts about it, its not Adelaide's brilliant doctors said he's risk moving forward so trade him now, Taylor's pre bnf hissy fit summed up your club as a whole.
Some players recover well from a knee and some are never the same again. It varies but I wouldn't be confident about Lever based on how innocuous the injury was. All he did was change direction afterall.

The Crows wanted to retain Lever because he's a talented player. Nobody in their right mind would argue against that. Who the hell said it had anything to do with our brilliant doctors? The reason they didn't match Melbournes offer was because they knew they could replace Lever fairly easily. Had nothing to do with being fearful of his knee.

I love how much Victorians hate Tex. He's living inside their heads rent free.

Some players recover well from a knee and some are never the same again. It varies but I wouldn't be confident about Lever based on how innocuous the injury was. All he did was change direction afterall.

The Crows wanted to retain Lever because he's a talented player. Nobody in their right mind would argue against that. Who the hell said it had anything to do with our brilliant doctors? The reason they didn't match Melbournes offer was because they knew they could replace Lever fairly easily. Had nothing to do with being fearful of his knee.

I love how much Victorians hate Tex. He's living inside their heads rent free.

I dont even hate Tex, i find it hilarious that club captain can't wrap his head around free agency. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for the technicality breach, he wasn't under contract.

Lever didn't do a McGovern.
If you're going to come to our board, you could at least get your facts straight first. How are we suppose to know if you're arguing in good faith or not when you gloss over details like that?

I wish Lever had done a McGovern. If he had requested a trade under contract we would have gotten even better picks for him. McGovern is an absolute moron for signing that contract last year.

It varies but I wouldn't be confident about Lever based on how innocuous the injury was. All he did was change direction afterall.
That's how many of them happen.

It's how Petracca did his knee at training.

What will be will be.

I assume you're confident Brodie Smith will be OK. We tend to look at things that suit our perspective.

I dont even hate Tex, i find it hilarious that club captain can't wrap his head around free agency. :thumbsu:

He can.
Lever just point blank lied to his and officials faces because for someone versed in boxing he's an absolute wuss of a man.

At least McGovern/Danger etc were man enough to front up.

What will be will be.

I assume you're confident Brodie Smith will be OK. We tend to look at things that suit our perspective.
Not really. Whenever a player does a knee, I live in constant fear they will repeat the injury. I'm a bit of a cynic that way.

What will be will be.

He will never be the same as pre knee, no player is, it is just going to be how big of an impact it is.

I'm pretty confident if your club had hugely over paid on a 3rd tall defender with dodgy knees you might have a bit more of a realistic view.

He will never be the same as pre knee, no player is, it is just going to be how big of an impact it is.

I'm pretty confident if your club had hugely over paid on a 3rd tall defender with dodgy knees you might have a bit more of a realistic view.
Our club doesn't make poor decisions anymore, so I'm quite happy to back them in.

How about yours ?

Back