Analysis Death-Riding Melbourne 2018 (now with poll)

Where will Melbourne finish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoyed that loss today, that's the type that could throw the club off for a season or two (ok maybe like the GF last year..).

Always liked the Dees but stuff them and their tanking.
They’ll be ****ed next year when they don’t have a soft draw earnt from finishing outside the top 6 like they did this year..

That soft draw and all those wins they got in the first half of the year against the bottom 6 teams was the only way they got anywhere near the finals... they pretty much are this year’s 2017 Port adelaide

They’ll be ****** next year when they don’t have a soft draw earnt from finishing outside the top 6 like they did this year..

That soft draw and all those wins they got in the first half of the year against the bottom 6 teams was the only way they got anywhere near the finals... they pretty much are this year’s 2017 Port adelaide

I'll admit, they have a lot more upside than Port but do agree.

If Port were a basket case and sat outside the 8 for twelve years straight, then they too could do a Melbourne.

They've tried bloody hard to emulate them. Toumpas, Watts, Dom Barry, Trengrove. Butchered the finals, 9/10 effort.

I'm over trolling other supporters. At the end of the day we got a shittier pick than we'd hoped for, unfortunately. They were ever so close to missing the finals which would have made a nice difference to the quality of the pick we got.
Probably fair they get a discount given Lever has Andy Otten knees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm over trolling other supporters. At the end of the day we got a shittier pick than we'd hoped for, unfortunately. They were ever so close to missing the finals which would have made a nice difference to the quality of the pick we got.
Agree

I don’t think there was anything wrong with the thread. Of course we were going to closely follow where Melb finished given we hold their draft pick and therefore hope it was low. The death riding title I take as a tongue in cheek summary of that.

What we have now is a few Melb fans who I guess took offense and can’t let go. In reality probably looking to deflect their disappointment from today.

In response to them our posters are sounding as pathetic as Port having an uplift in memberships off the back of our GF loss last year.

Melbourne finished fourth thus that's pick 14. Add in a priority pick for GC and that's 15. Why are people saying 16?
1st 18
2nd 17
3rd 16
4th 15

They’ll be ****** next year when they don’t have a soft draw earnt from finishing outside the top 6 like they did this year..

They are far more solid than port but definitely were flattered by the draw. Unlike port they can actually beat top 8 teams. Unfortunately will be around the mark again next year as they have plenty of room for improvement with such a young group

Back