Analysis Death-Riding Melbourne 2018 (now with poll)

Where will Melbourne finish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha another one trying to deflect. Sure Nixon made a number of questionable decisions in his private life which played out in the public. But he certainly knows footy, better than most actually. And I have no doubt he would be attending many pre-season training sessions in Melbourne.
His argument regarding Rance and McGovern didn’t make sense as he basically said they don’t play on opponents. However if he bothered to look at some stats not only are they great interceptors they are two of the best one on one players. I agree that clubs may look to exploit the likes of Lever perhaps isolating him further away from contests. No doubt he’ll continue to work on the one on one skills though.
Nixon also appears to have it in for the Tigers so likes to talk Rance and co down on twitter.

Haha another one trying to deflect. Sure Nixon made a number of questionable decisions in his private life which played out in the public. But he certainly knows footy, better than most actually. And I have no doubt he would be attending many pre-season training sessions in Melbourne.
Haha no deflection here mate but if you want to take the word of Ricky Nixon and what he's seen at open training sessions (where I'm sure clubs openly trot out their strategies/game plans for all to see) then go bananas.

Unlike that flog Gary Lyon who made some ridiculous life choices, and yet for some reason the big bosses in footy media seem to think that the general public still gives a flying **** about what he thinks, in regards to anything!

Haha no deflection here mate but if you want to take the word of Ricky Nixon and what he's seen at open training sessions (where I'm sure clubs openly trot out their strategies/game plans for all to see) then go bananas.
Considering that a lot of those clubs rarely have closed training sessions, where do you think they work on their gameplan ?? Do you think they just go out for a casual kick and a catch every single day ?? Intra-club games have also started. You think all gameplans go out the window and it becomes see ball, get ball in the intra-clubs ??

Unlike that flog Gary Lyon who made some ridiculous life choices, and yet for some reason the big bosses in footy media seem to think that the general public still gives a flying **** about what he thinks, in regards to anything!
Garry Lyon wasn't quoted so the fact he's my profile picture has zero relevance.

Garry Lyon wasn't quoted so the fact he's my profile picture has zero relevance.

No relevance to your avatar, didn’t even take notice tbh. Just more so with the point raised as to why people listen to Ricky Nixon, but I still wonder why anyone listeners to Gary Lyon either.

Considering that a lot of those clubs rarely have closed training sessions, where do you think they work on their gameplan ?? Do you think they just go out for a casual kick and a catch every single day ?? Intra-club games have also started. You think all gameplans go out the window and it becomes see ball, get ball in the intra-clubs ??
All clubs have closed training sessions.
Gameplan is as much theory as practical, if not more.
All that aside, you keep trusting the word of Ricky Nixon, I'm sure he's hit the nail on the head and knows best.

I cringe every time I hear the Australian cricketers call Nathan Lyon "Garry"

(Although it’s not just a surname that Nathan and Garry share)
It's turned out to be appropriate for both given they both like lying...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No relevance to your avatar, didn’t even take notice tbh. Just more so with the point raised as to why people listen to Ricky Nixon, but I still wonder why anyone listeners to Gary Lyon either.
For Melbourne's sake, I hope they don't listen to his advice on selecting a coach again when the players run Goody out of town after 6 weeks

Not sure what relevance our history there has to a supposed rumour Lever is dividing the playing group, but it’s your clubs board so I’m not going to start an argument. Peace out crowbots ✌️

I didn't think the rumour identified Lever. Might have missed it though. I don't think it's a stretch to suggest there might be a bit of tension amongst your list. I can't imagine every player being on board with calling in the AFLPA about a preseason camp. Not arguing the wrong or right, but there'd be a few miffed about it.

Drawing a long bow to group the life choices of Lyon and Nixon together. Regardless of how s**t a thing it was to do, Lyon's was/is a consenting relationship between two adults, Nixon's was a drug fuelled tryst with minor ... although you'll get little arguments about Lyon's general bollocks opinion.

I didn't think the rumour identified Lever. Might have missed it though. I don't think it's a stretch to suggest there might be a bit of tension amongst your list. I can't imagine every player being on board with calling in the AFLPA about a preseason camp. Not arguing the wrong or right, but there'd be a few miffed about it.
You're right, based on recent events, it's perfectly reasonable to suspect these rumours may just be true, particularly when your primary audience has a vested interest in anything negative and disparaging about the club in question. While given the nature of football clubs, whether or not there is even a scrap of fact involved is exceedingly unlikely to ever come to light ... it's almost as if ... that is the point :eek:!

Drawing a long bow to group the life choices of Lyon and Nixon together. Regardless of how s**t a thing it was to do, Lyon's was/is a consenting relationship between two adults, Nixon's was a drug fuelled tryst with minor ... although you'll get little arguments about Lyon's general bollocks opinion.

You're right, based on recent events, it's perfectly reasonable to suspect these rumours may just be true, particularly when your primary audience has a vested interest in anything negative and disparaging about the club in question. While given the nature of football clubs, whether or not there is even a scrap of fact involved is exceedingly unlikely to ever come to light ... it's almost as if ... that is the point :eek:!
Lyon still lies and cheated on his wife and broke up 2 families

Nixon just ****ed himself over. The school girl knew what she was doing.

Lyon had countless victims. Nixon’s only victim was himself.

Cannot disagree there, impossible to be proven wrong really. Still, I think forcing out players who want to stay is fraught with danger, which is another reason that a few guys might be miffed. Only need one to bitch to the wrong person and it's a team wide problem.

Lyon still lies and cheated on his wife and broke up 2 families

Nixon just ****** himself over. The school girl knew what she was doing.

Lyon had countless victims. Nixon’s only victim was himself.

What about his coke dealer who had to scale back his lifestyle when toot toot ran out of money?

Cannot disagree there, impossible to be proven wrong really. Still, I think forcing out players who want to stay is fraught with danger, which is another reason that a few guys might be miffed. Only need one to bitch to the wrong person and it's a team wide problem.
Impossible to be proven correct as well, the perfect tweet to perpetuate a reputation that you're in the know.

Did every player delisted last year not want to stay? No doubt a number of players are disappointed they will no longer be playing with a good mate, but thats the business of football, I'd be astounded if all players, at all clubs don't understand that ... Goody traded him, he didn't shoot him.

Back