Analysis Death-Riding Melbourne 2018 (now with poll)

Where will Melbourne finish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing a team that's lost to Essendon and Collingwood isn't anyone's grand final.

Round 1 games are garbage. Don’t know why you’d even count them. Look at our form since then and Essendon’s form. Geelong and Hawthorn just got pounded by inferior teams. Teams have bad days. It’s the overall picture you’ve got to look at.

And gold coins are going to come out my arse next time I visit the loo. Richmond and WC top two. We will be 3-6 depending on fitness of players late in season, the young guys will lose some puff if we need them all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my defence it's been a rough 2 weeks for us player availability wise... Richmond on the G will be a massive game for us at hopefully closer to full strength than we are now.

Round 1 games are garbage. Don’t know why you’d even count them. Look at our form since then and Essendon’s form. Geelong and Hawthorn just got pounded by inferior teams. Teams have bad days. It’s the overall picture you’ve got to look at.
I completely agree.

We are nothing like the team that lost to Hawthorn earlier in the year.

We had one tall in the forward-line that day and now rotate Hogan, Tom McDonald, Weideman, and Gawn.

We also didn't have Brayshaw in the guts, who's been huge, Salem off half-back, where he plays his best, or Viney.

We're a very different side to early in the year. I get no-one will rate us due to who we've been beating, but you don't win 14 quarters in a row (only happened 8 times this century) if you're not a good team.

If we can't beat you with your injuries we're pretenders.

Has Lever pulled out of this week with some bullshit reason that masks the fact he is pissing himself at the prospect? Pity Tex wont be on the field.

If tex really does need to do a month on the sidelines for a mini preseason... maybe we should play him this week regardless.. get him to go out there and flatten Lever. Not suggesting he punch him, just run straight past the ball and hip and shoulder him into next week when he’s not expecting it like Douglas did to that cheeky little ****** from the bombers... if he gets 4 weeks from the tribunal then so be it!

LOL

Tex physically intimidating? Jesus. At least say Fogarty instead, he is your only tall forward with any sort of mongrel.

Yes I do.

I giggled through last year's.
Bit like Willo17 who remembers your last GF win in 1964, but has some sort selective amnesia about your 60 point loss in your last GF appearance to the Bombres in 2000. Oh, and we can’t forget your 96 point absolute corn holing at the hands of the Whorks in 88.

Do you have a copy of that in your video library?

I completely agree.

We are nothing like the team that lost to Hawthorn earlier in the year.

We had one tall in the forward-line that day and now rotate Hogan, Tom McDonald, Weideman, and Gawn.

We also didn't have Brayshaw in the guts, who's been huge, Salem off half-back, where he plays his best, or Viney.

We're a very different side to early in the year. I get no-one will rate us due to who we've been beating, but you don't win 14 quarters in a row (only happened 8 times this century) if you're not a good team.

If we can't beat you with your injuries we're pretenders.

Smashing a couple of crap sides doesn’t mean you’re suddenly better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you have preferred we lost to them ?

Poor attempt at deflection. My point stands. If you’re going to claim you’re a better side now then you need to prove it by beating a few good sides. We’re extremely injury depleted so I’d call us a mid tier side at the moment and you’ll surely beat us this weekend. That won’t prove you’re a better side either.

Poor attempt at deflection. My point stands. If you’re going to claim you’re a better side now then you need to prove it by beating a few good sides. We’re extremely injury depleted so I’d call us a mid tier side at the moment and you’ll surely beat us this weekend. That won’t prove you’re a better side either.

Our injury list probably could beat the Dees on Sunday. Thats how much quality we are missing.

A banter thread for this week would be quality. Dees fellas, jump on there if one gets made.
499906_77eb335973da9fbfcce97bd690ec89e1.gif

Actually, this thread could be good as the banter thread since we've already done some homework :smilingimp:

Noticed Tyson Lever who we gave "charity" employment and a SANFL spot to last year suited up for Coburg in the VFL on the weekend.
LOL

Tex physically intimidating? Jesus. At least say Fogarty instead, he is your only tall forward with any sort of mongrel.

lol, apparently just a phone call from Tex was enough to intimidate Lever.

Back