Analysis Death-Riding Melbourne 2018 (now with poll)

Where will Melbourne finish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll just leave this here...

I saw that on their board.. had a real good chuckle.. I’d say that “deathriding Badelaide” thread of theirs might quietly disappear over the coming days too..

On the main board Dees v saints game day thread I wrote about Oliver’s dive in the last minutes of the game and said he’s as bad as Rance...

In response some flog tiger supporter actually said that Talia dives more than Rance does!... TALIA FFS!!....

this forum is hilarious, I love it!..

The Mrs and I are heading to Buller in early August after we play the Dees.... I reckon I'll see a few of them

Fremantle (MCG)
Dogs (who are in form)
Geelong (At Geelong)
Adelaide (In Adelaide)
Suns (They will win)
Sydney (MCG)
Eagles (Perth)
Giants (MCG)

The suns are a definite win :D
I can see their last game v Giants being a virtual knockout, with the Giants winning.

Fyfe hamstrung for next week. Thats a bummer, I reckon Freo might have been a good chance if that didnt happen.

I saw that on their board.. had a real good chuckle.. I’d say that “deathriding Badelaide” thread of theirs might quietly disappear over the coming days too..

On the main board Dees v saints game day thread I wrote about Oliver’s dive in the last minutes of the game and said he’s as bad as Rance...

In response some flog tiger supporter actually said that Talia dives more than Rance does!... TALIA FFS!!....

this forum is hilarious, I love it!..

I know. The dribble that comes out of most of the mouths of the posters on this forum is truly mind boggling. I wonder how most of them actually manage to get up in the morning and put their pants on the right leg. Reckon a big chunk of posters are all on Centrelink and are genuine morons.

Agreed, time to start this thread back up.
The wheels are falling off again for the Dees.
Oooh! Luvly! Been out all afternoon to come back and see this. Also with Bombers and Bullies winning (c'mon Freo, do your job!), puts pressure on club if it doesn't keep winning ;)

404904_2103bbc65b28d4ea464ec6188a07d74c.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright did I not call it? Melbourne dropping this game! I should have tipped it cause I had a feeling they would get up!

Now Freo with a freshened up Sandi and Fyfe probably coming off 3 straight wins.... Not a lock either!

Even the Marshmellow soft draw might not see them make the 8. Man I would love that!
wow, that post has to be jinx of the year!

I can see their last game v Giants being a virtual knockout, with the Giants winning.
North are done IMO. The 8 should stay the same unless Hawthorn or we get our acts together. We will need an extra one with our poor %

North are done IMO. The 8 should stay the same unless Hawthorn or we get our acts together. We will need an extra one with our poor %
12 wins enough last year, and 12 with a modest % of 105 enough in 2016.

We can most likely afford 3 more losses, 2 to be sure.

Cant win next week. Unlikely v Giants.

Probably comes down to the Showdown.

Think we can beat the Giants, Smithers will be the wildcard

Good things come in threes right?

I gotta say it's been a great weekend. I thought the crows getting up over those arrogant wc flogs was pretty good but today made it even better. You may even end up with pick 7 or 8 from melb, could be enough to get rankine.

Anyway, gluck for the rest of the year.

Last edited:

Will need 13 wins to make the 8 this year. I think it's pointless for us unless we make top 4, but we'll try anyway. We could ep having an enjoyable second half of the season where we win most our games but still end up with a good-ish pick

Will need 13 wins to make the 8 this year. I think it's pointless for us unless we make top 4, but we'll try anyway. We could ep having an enjoyable second half of the season where we win most our games but still end up with a good-ish pick
I think Dogs and Saints are wildcards. They are capable of some good footy, if they both find some form they could scuttle plans of more favoured sides.

Back