• Pick 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pick 11-14

• Pick 15-18

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know where to ask this question but as a Richmond supporter There is talk of Harry Himmelburg at Richmond as a key forward, next year.
I seem to recall Harry being as a key forward, 1 of 3 until last year under the caretaker coach. Where he played back and back up ruck
Is that correct? Is he better as a forward? Has Riccardi and others replaced him?
Harry prefers to play as a KPF, and has played the overwhelming majority of his games there. He played in defence early in his career, and last year under Mark McVeigh as caretaker coach for 2/3 of the season. He's played forward and back up ruck for this season so far, until injuries in defence saw him thrown down back against Saints but he was concussed early in the game. Despite recent comments by McCartney, given that we've just omitted Cadman, I suspect he plays KPF against Norths. Maybe a swing role if required during the game.

Riccardi & Cadman have certainly not "replaced" or "gone past" him.

P.S. I'll move your question and this answer into the general discussion thread.

News coming in: Marion Pickett taken into custody by WA Police, for burglary related offences. Be interesting to see how this plays out for the Tigers.
We played them a week too late, we would’ve won that game without him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Unfortunately, Richmond seems to have struck a purple patch and have won 3 in a row - they are currently 9th and challenging strongly for a final spot.

Taranto was huge again for them tonight, and the celebration for his goal was huge

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It seems that there is renewed optimism in Richmond. Andrew McQualter has done well in his first month of coaching.

With nine matches remaining, Richmond has six-and-a-half wins, and sits just two points outside the eight. On current form, it will start favourite in six of those upcoming contests. It is a genuine chance to make finals.

All for it to be honest.
They will sign on the caretaker and Kingers stays with us.
But Kingsley would not have gone for this Richmond job after just one year into a 3 year contract with us? I think Leon Cameron is also in contention for the Richmond job - I personally doubt he will get it and the interim coach McQualter, will get the job.

I know Kingsley spent time at Richmond, but that is just one stop on his journey. It wouldn't be like coaching Richmond was a lifelong dream or something.
Yes, from what’s been reported on Kingsley, he seems to be on a coaching journey, adding and gaining skills and experience in that journey. Kingsley seems to be very much into self development and continuous improvement, travelling in the off-season regularly to learn what coaches in other codes are doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope last nights flogging is the straw that breaks the camel's back and they fall in a heap and we end up with pick 3 or 4 from that pick
They also lost Jayden Short for at least a few weeks… big loss for them imo.
They’ve got a couple of easy games so will get at least a couple more wins… but it’ll be a top ten pick which is a great outcome for us.
Trading out Hopper and Taranto is a great outcome in the short and long term future, no matter how you look at it.

They also lost Jayden Short for at least a few weeks… big loss for them imo.
They’ve got a couple of easy games so will get at least a couple more wins… but it’ll be a top ten pick which is a great outcome for us.
Trading out Hopper and Taranto is a great outcome in the short and long term future, no matter how you look at it.
Imo their biggest mistake is not recognising it was their losing of players who provided all of their speed and pressure… Lambert, Butler, Higgins, Castagna etc.
Their gamestyle was based around the strengths those players brought in.
They have not compensated for that, and now the front runners like Bolton, Martin etc look nothing like their former selves.

Imo their biggest mistake is not recognising it was their losing of players who provided all of their speed and pressure… Lambert, Butler, Higgins, Castagna etc.
Their gamestyle was based around the strengths those players brought in.
They have not compensated for that, and now the front runners like Bolton, Martin etc look nothing like their former selves.
Realistically, they only needed one of Taranto & Hopper, essentially replacing Trent Cotchin. Should have kept other picks and Hopper's place in the squad to address other positional concerns IMHO.

Realistically, they only needed one of Taranto & Hopper, essentially replacing Trent Cotchin. Should have kept other picks and Hopper's place in the squad to address other positional concerns IMHO.
Yep. On their own board they are ruing taking Hopper.
It frees up key money for us. It also allowed Green and Cogs in particular to play in their best position.

they still look like finishing 9th so not suite a top 5 pick as it looked early in the season …. But still handy
I'm hoping they finish much lower!
I d be surprised if they finished as high as 9th TBH

Richmond now 4th last, courtesy of their loss this round plus Carlton & GWS wins - sweet!
Yep precisely why I knew their high position on the ladder last week was artificially inflated. They have Sydney then West Coast the last 2 games. I think if they lose to Sydney they might start putting some players on ice who are playing sore and start the farewell parties for Cotchin and Reiwoldt

Back