Oppo Camp Death Riding: Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what will happen. St Kilda will finish last then Barrett will throw a hissy fit on Trade Radio and say the premiers shouldn’t get an early second round draft pick from the wooden spooners. He will then refer to a “secret herbs and spices” rule that only the AFL can see which results in us losing our early second round pick. Shane Savage will then leave St Kilda to go to the Gold Coast via Free Agency on a minimum wage contract over one year and St Kilda will be compensated an early second round draft pick.
It’s funny cause it’s true. :(

gil's boys can't afford to let 'em fold. they need the numbers for telly purposes and he supports them.

they actually have quite a substantial untapped supporter base. a few wins and the great unwashed will return. a bit like us.;)

Nah. Members waiting too long. They all carked it. They're filler team.

Reckon Saints finish in the middle tier of the ladder, which probably means our second pick improves between 1-11 spots. Obviously the better we perform and the worse they go the better, but I wouldn't be expecting them to finish bottom 6 again.

The reason why the pies had to throw in the saints 2nd to move up was there was another team wanting our pick to select Bianco
Things fell our way but thinking the difference will be 6-7 spots in our favour but that might just be enough for us to bundle our 1st and 2nd with a team to get into a top 10/12 spot in 2020

They are definitely a club that can produce the extraordinary. Hopefully the extraordinarily bad in 2020. I think they can improve. But they are also in that group of 10-16 where a minor slip = doom. Let's hope there's some soap on the floor and they go A over T

I think St. Kilda are going to improve next year. In 2019 they finished 9-13 overall; but it's important to break it up into three sections.
Started the season 4-1
Middle of season 2-9
End of season 3-3

St. Kilda started the season well until injuries overcome their side and then rebounded late in the year when they changed coaches and got more of their squad back from injury. If St Kilda can get 22 games out of Geary, Carlisle, Hannebery & Roberton on top of their 2019 recruits they will be a significantly better team. IMO they could be a 12-14 win team next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think St. Kilda are going to improve next year. In 2019 they finished 9-13 overall; but it's important to break it up into three sections.
Started the season 4-1
Middle of season 2-9
End of season 3-3

St. Kilda started the season well until injuries overcome their side and then rebounded late in the year when they changed coaches and got more of their squad back from injury. If St Kilda can get 22 games out of Geary, Carlisle, Hannebery & Roberton on top of their 2019 recruits they will be a significantly better team. IMO they could be a 12-14 win team next year.
How can win / loss be 12/14? 22 games. Or is that 12 to 14 wins? If so you're dreaming.

How can win / loss be 12/14? 22 games. Or is that 12 to 14 wins? If so you're dreaming.

12-14 wins.

That's only 3-5 more wins than St Kilda got last season & I fully expect St. Kilda to have a better run in the middle of the season in 2020 than they did in 2019.

a 9 win season in 2019
a new coach
mature players in ( they are the new North )

they'll start 2020 with fresh hope

the "street smarts" of Ratten should have them around the bottom of the Top 8 or just out side
11 to 13 wins

saints will finish bottom 4
im leaning that way as well.

I really cant believe what they gave up for one of the biggest sheep dogs in the entire comp and to go with it hes one of the most overrated users of the ball in the comp as well.
I cant wait for the wrist slashing and vitriol that will spew forth from the Hill trade.

they had pick 6 it could have gone on any number of highly rated players who will be far better than Hill. It could even have gone on McAsey the most highly rated kpd in the draft

It all started with them trading pick 6 and 59 for 12 and 18 if they stopped there they would have done well Imagine any combination of Kemp, Stephens Dekoning the second best kpd in the draft or even a superb runner like Jeremy Sharp.

They then trade 12, 18 and a future 3rd for Howard a 23yo kpd, 32yo past it Ryder and pick 10. Again if they had stopped there it may have turned out fine pick 10 would have snared them any number of quality kids in the draft any of which id take in front of squib Hill and they have a ready to go tall defender.

They then caved in to Geelong losing Steven for pick 58 which they eventually gave up for Hill.

Then the hill trade came along. they gave up Acres, nd 10, nd 58, future 2nd, future 3rd and effectively steven for Hill and a future 3rd.Talk about being reamed.

They then traded Bruce arguably their best tall fwd and a bloke who had played damn good footy as a defender for picks 32 and 51. some may say a win but i dont get the logic to it.they werent exactly overflowing with proven tall fwds let alone mature ones.

They then trade you guessed it 32 76 and a future 3rd for An ordinary Zac Jones 56 and a future 4th
Then the 56 they get for jones they give to us for Dan Butler who i wont comment onto save arguments.
In all this they manage to trade out of a very even good draft having only pick 52,64 and a rookie pick.

After all that im asking have they really improved their list enough to climb the ladder or significantly improved it enough to maybe challenge for the 8. i dont think so but with what they have done they had better at least make the 8 id say.

I think we can nearly throw previous form lines out the window.

We almost need to start from scratch.

St Kilda looks good. The were alright at times against North to.

They have new players and more speed which clearly showed yesterday. Essendon with speed won again to albeit against Sydney

Its a new season but more importantly a new shortened format.

I would not be surprised if teams like St Kilda and Gold Coast with speed and youth bob up and challenge under the new contest which makes the premiership challenge that much more difficult and unpredictable.

Richmond could well have to win it a different way let alone with a different team if we win at all this year

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back