Death riding the North 4th

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne
Essendon fans are pretty reasonable IMO, agree on Carlton though.
Agreed. For a side that has been sooo so s**t for so long, and having not even played finals for years, are lecturering supporters from other clubs.

I think they still think they are a "big 4" side.

Norf nuffies i almost feel sorry for. They have as much relivence as Port Melbourne.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agreed. For a side that has been sooo so sh*t for so long, and having not even played finals for years, are lecturering supporters from other clubs.

I think they still think they are a "big 4" side.

Norf nuffies i almost feel sorry for. They have as much relivence as Port Melbourne.
yep relevence, sure beats seeing your team win a premiership in your lifetime,

North picked up a run of the mill inside mid who wouldn’t get a game for us with the pick we have them, and we got a generational talent in Kossie out of the deal. They’ve made it too easy

adonski

All Australian
Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
North picked up a run of the mill inside mid who wouldn’t get a game for us with the pick we have them, and we got a generational talent in Kossie out of the deal. They’ve made it too easy
The generational part is a bit ambitious but I thought the same thing the other day. If they picked up an outside type player or another small forward with the pick there would be a direct comparison as to what we traded away, but given it's an inside mid no one will gaf

The generational part is a bit ambitious but I thought the same thing the other day. If they picked up an outside type player or another small forward with the pick there would be a direct comparison as to what we traded away, but given it's an inside mid no one will gaf
I ******* love Kossie. We did the trade for the right reasons - we though Jackson might slide to 8, and when it became clear he wouldn’t we still made hay. Kossie is definitely generational as far as our list goes, I can’t think of any other MFC players in the past decade or two where the thought of them playing for another club genuinely upsets me. Maybe Petracca now. Big hopes for Pickett, just love watching him play.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I ******* love Kossie. We did the trade for the right reasons - we though Jackson might slide to 8, and when it became clear he wouldn’t we still made hay. Kossie is definitely generational as far as our list goes, I can’t think of any other MFC players in the past decade or two where the thought of them playing for another club genuinely upsets me. Maybe Petracca now. Big hopes for Pickett, just love watching him play.
100% confident the nuffies writing him off are gonna be embarassed not too far in the future. Beautiful kick and some of his crumbing was magnificent. He missed some shots which made him a write off, I remember a young Petracca being pretty s**t house in front of the sticks aswell.

100% confident the nuffies writing him off are gonna be embarassed not too far in the future. Beautiful kick and some of his crumbing was magnificent. He missed some shots which made him a write off, I remember a young Petracca being pretty sh*t house in front of the sticks aswell.
I’ll say this a thousand times but I’ve never seen us pick up a more obvious talent except maybe Jurrah. If Kossie isn’t a good player then I know nothing about this sport. I can understand the nuffy hate for literally any other player but doesn’t make sense to me here because what he does well is so clear. Ridiculous skills, ridiculous touch and yet still embarrasses his more senior teammates with his pressure and second efforts. Makes a lot of mistakes but as a first year player who takes a lot of risks in his playing style you’d have to expect that. If anything his biggest flaw is that his footy brain works too quickly for his body to comprehend at this stage and he outsmarts himself, but it’ll come together.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I’ll say this a thousand times but I’ve never seen us pick up a more obvious talent except maybe Jurrah. If Kossie isn’t a good player then I know nothing about this sport. I can understand the nuffy hate for literally any other player but doesn’t make sense to me here because what he does well is so clear. Ridiculous skills, ridiculous touch and yet still embarrasses his more senior teammates with his pressure and second efforts. Makes a lot of mistakes but as a first year player who takes a lot of risks in his playing style you’d have to expect that. If anything his biggest flaw is that his footy brain works too quickly for his body to comprehend at this stage and he outsmarts himself, but it’ll come together.

Yeah he gets s**t on for using his natural instinct and playing in a way that only a small amount of players can. You don't curbs someones instinct. You train them to use them under more pressure and fatigue.

Yeah he gets sh*t on for using his natural instinct and playing in a way that only a small amount of players can. You don't curbs someones instinct. You train them to use them under more pressure and fatigue.
There’s also a bias against shorter players, or at least a higher standard applied by supporters. Which is weird because if you can find the ball in space and use it well it doesn’t matter how tall you are, and Kossie has a decent contested game anyway.

Back