Multiplat Death Stranding

Remove this Banner Ad

I like how action is disincentivised, too much jostling and you lose most of your inventory, it will fall off your back. Much of the scenery and focus on walking reminds me of the simple joys of adventure I felt playing Skyrim, only if I were carrying Lydia on my back and all my loot was strapped to my body like this:
1573887499352.jpg

The bike is freaking useless.

And why does the president's offsider wear that skull mask?

The bike is way better if you mono everything. The last delivery in chapter 2 is easier without the bike, though.

You weren't cool at school unless you could mono

images

I tried to get the bike back over the mountains but ended up having to give up and ditch it. Then for the last delivery of part 2 I thought I'd better get the bike because it was such a long way so made a bit of a detour to get it back and then had to ditch it again almost immediately.

Yeah I turfed it. That bit with heaps of rocks and BTs was easier without it. The blood grenades are sweet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I turfed it. That bit with heaps of rocks and BTs was easier without it. The blood grenades are sweet.
The thing is, if I'm carrying stuff like grenades and ladders and s**t I'm virtually falling over already. Add any actual cargo and it's crazy. I've been going unarmed and with minimal equipment up until now but I expect I'm going to have no choice soon..

The thing is, if I'm carrying stuff like grenades and ladders and s**t I'm virtually falling over already. Add any actual cargo and it's crazy. I've been going unarmed and with minimal equipment up until now but I expect I'm going to have no choice soon..

Your stats will go up letting you carry more and also you
will get the power legs from the engineer early in chapter 3. So you will be all good.

Your stats will go up letting you carry more and also you
will get the power legs from the engineer early in chapter 3. So you will be all good.
I like how a lot of the upgrades come with a little cost, gain something but it will cost you little of something else.

Keep wishing I had a gun or a club or something..
For mules or bt's. You can use cargo containers to swing at mules and there is is nothing better than slinging a bit of cargo 20mtrs an hitting a mule square in the head. Start getting a decent trickle of gear and upgrades as you go through chapter 3.

For mules or bt's.
For anything that tries to get up in my s**t really.

You can use cargo containers to swing at mules and there is is nothing better than slinging a bit of cargo 20mtrs an hitting a mule square in the head. Start getting a decent trickle of gear and upgrades as you go through chapter 3.
I did not know that. I only just got my bionic legs so maybe that is still to come. Certainly don't recall being told I can throw cargo yet. 🤔 I look forward to it though.

It reminds me a lot MGS V but I'd argue this is a lot more fun than that was. I never bothered finishing that, I might with this.
I haven't started Death stranding yet but I'm anticipating that i will enjoy this since i did like MGS.
Im steering clear of youtube and spoilers in this thread
My only question is does it have any Resource management like in MGS5, like farming resources, and crafting (ala the crafting in phantom pain)

I did not know that. I only just got my bionic legs so maybe that is still to come. Certainly don't recall being told I can throw cargo yet. 🤔 I look forward to it though.
Can be done at anytime from the start, just need to be holding cargo with L2 or R2, then square to swing it,. To throw it let go of L2 or R2, depending on which hand is holding it, after pressing square to swing. Hitting enemies can destroy the cargo so better using random containers you find laying around.

Yes there is resources that you use to make gear you use and for building structures. Structures can take a good amount of resources but if playing online it can be shared or requested. I play offline so need to build structures myself so i probably go out of my way to grab whatever resources i find. Don't think there is any reason to farm resources for gear as most settlements have plenty of resources.

I haven't started Death stranding yet but I'm anticipating that i will enjoy this since i did like MGS.
Im steering clear of youtube and spoilers in this thread
My only question is does it have any Resource management like in MGS5, like farming resources, and crafting (ala the crafting in phantom pain)

The only reason you'd need to farm is if you want to help build roads/highways or help maintain certain structures (because they degrade over time). It's more optional.
Maybe it's the difficulty I am playing on too but I find just playing the main story rewards you enough resocurces to craft what you need to get by.

Can be done at anytime from the start, just need to be holding cargo with L2 or R2, then square to swing it,. To throw it let go of L2 or R2, depending on which hand is holding it, after pressing square to swing. Hitting enemies can destroy the cargo so better using random containers you find laying around
No sooner have I read this I get it come up in a tip.

Also got the Bora Bora gun last night from the craftsman. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but just holding it makes me feel a bit safer...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back