Multiplat Death Stranding

Remove this Banner Ad

Which franchises did he kill off?

Terrible working relationship and ethic instigated by him between Konami - in turn cutting their allocation of funding and resources into AAA Video Game Development. Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill & Castlevania which all had development roadmaps, now shut down and collateral because of him.

Most don't know what actually happened. So it's only natural people will blame Konami for what happened because it's easier to pin the cause of the situation on a company with no face, than to accept even people you have respect for can make mistakes.

Where did the Kojima hate come from?

If that guy makes s**t games...then who makes good ones?

Not always obviously. Everything he's touched since MGS3 has been average, he's been banking on stored credits for a long time now.

Terrible working relationship and ethic instigated by him between Konami - in turn cutting their allocation of funding and resources into AAA Video Game Development. Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill & Castlevania which all had development roadmaps, now shut down and collateral because of him.

Most don't know what actually happened. So it's only natural people will blame Konami for what happened because it's easier to pin the cause of the situation on a company with no face, than to accept even people you have respect for can make mistakes.

Not always obviously. Everything he's touched since MGS3 has been average, he's been banking on stored credits for a long time now.

That was definitely 100% Konami being dicks. MGS5 was shaping up to be a great/excellent game until it suddenly ended.

Believe and know. You'd be the first person I have ever seen try to blame it on Kojima.

Believe and know? How sure are you?

Think I'll take the word of someone who was in the know during the ordeal than listen to the blind and noisy outcry of fanboys in the West, the ones who have that perception based on media leaks by KojiPro, in an attempt to push for a 4th internal deadline.

The only petty thing Konami may have done was activate a clause in the contract to withhold him from traveling to the US when he was invited. Everything else that was leaked by KojiPro was justified. You don't even have 20% of the story.

Too bad Kojima didn't think MGS5 was shaping up to be a great game like you - maybe if he did he wouldn't have worked on 4 other projects during the titles' development cycle whilst pissing time away desperately trying to fit in and socialize with Hollywood rejects.

Think I'll take the word of someone who was in the know during the ordeal than listen to the blind and noisy outcry of fanboys in the West, the ones who have that perception based on media leaks by KojiPro, in an attempt to push for a 4th internal deadline.

The only petty thing Konami may have done was activate a clause in the contract to withhold him from traveling to the US when he was invited. Everything else that was leaked by KojiPro was justified. You don't even have 20% of the story.

Too bad Kojima didn't think MGS5 was shaping up to be a great game like you - maybe if he did he wouldn't have worked on 4 other projects during the titles' development cycle whilst pi**ing time away desperately trying to fit in and socialize with Hollywood rejects.

Nice melt.

Too bad Kojima didn't think MGS5 was shaping up to be a great game like you - maybe if he did he wouldn't have worked on 4 other projects during the titles' development cycle whilst pi**ing time away desperately trying to fit in and socialize with Hollywood rejects.
Yes taking his name off the game wasn't pity or anything, demoting him to a contractor status while in contract was peak douche. Konami is the EA of Japan #*konami

Konami’s treatment of its employees and hindering of people who leave the company and trying to find work elsewhere is all propaganda from the West ladies and gentlemen.

They certainly didn’t wanna change Kojimas vision for mgsV, they didn’t make a shitty copy version of Kojima’s work with Metal Gear Survive. And they certainly didn’t use the mgs brand on pachinko machines.

It’s just a bunch of white people spreading lies and hate on a Japanese entertainment company.

Carry on.

Never enjoyed a Kojima game. Though this one has me intrigued, I'm not sure whether I'll play it or just watch a playthrough of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of allll the Konami or Kojima games I have only ever played MGS5.
I fell in love with the lore and the series of solid snake so of course i will be playing this IP.

The only two new IPS i will be playing are this and Cyberpunk 2020, but yeah I Unreservedly cant wait

Death Stranding’s own creator says he doesn’t understand the game.

Speaking to the Financial Times, video game auteur Hideo Kojima admitted even he can’t quite comprehend his upcoming title – a star-studded action game where the focus is connection rather than destruction.

“Death Stranding… even now, I don’t understand the game,” said Kojima of the PlayStation 4 release.

This guy's an idiot. Just doing stupid s**t for the sake of doing stupid s**t. Almost to the point I hope the game fails miserably so the gaming world stops riding his dick.

didn't the basic story always go that Kojima wanted MGS to end at 3 but it was obviously too much of a money maker to just stop? i felt there was a time where people acknowledged this. i don't count and haven't played anything after MGS3 personally, they're not a part of the true series sort of like Star Wars.

Death Stranding could be OK but just too much marketing, yuck, it doesn't feel like a video game at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back