Multiplat Death Stranding

Chances this ends up a PS5 launch title?
I'm pretty sure Kojima & Sony have stated that this is a PS4 game but will probably do a PS5 version with extras. Kojima has done this in past with the Metal Gear games.

Suckers like me will buy both. Makes sense revenue wise to do it.

Rockstar with GTA5 being released on PS3 then PS4. Sony will do the same with Death Stranding & The Last Of Us 2 I imagine.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
I'm pretty sure Kojima & Sony have stated that this is a PS4 game but will probably do a PS5 version with extras. Kojima has done this in past with the Metal Gear games.

Suckers like me will buy both. Makes sense revenue wise to do it.

Rockstar with GTA5 being released on PS3 then PS4. Sony will do the same with Death Stranding & The Last Of Us 2 I imagine.
Agree. When DS, GTA6, TLOU2 et. al. come out they won't be able to ignore the huge installed base of PS4s.

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
Agree. When DS, GTA6, TLOU2 et. al. come out they won't be able to ignore the huge installed base of PS4s.

GTA6 is going to be a long way off given that Rockstar just spent the last 4-5 years making RDR2. GTA6 will probably end up being a mid gen title for the next gen systems.

GTA6 is going to be a long way off given that Rockstar just spent the last 4-5 years making RDR2. GTA6 will probably end up being a mid gen title for the next gen systems.

I feel like GTA has run its course.

The series itself or GTA5?

Rockstar made a Kazillion in this game and continues to sell.

The series. I mean from a purely single player game, GTAV was cool but in the end a bit unsatisfying. Not sure if Rockstar can take it in a fresh direction.

Edit: and I mean it’s run its course for me, not for everyone who will continue to play it.

calyam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I'll probably wait for a big sale. Kojima hasn't led a genuinely good game since MGS3.

None of the gameplay sections of this trailer looked remotely interesting. Lots of walking through empty environments and weird combat. And if MGS4 was any guide, this will be a bloated and excessive affair filled to the brim with overly long cutscenes. At $20 I'd be willing to take a chance on an overrated developer but at full price? God no.

1559177645149.png

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I'll probably wait for a big sale. Kojima hasn't led a genuinely good game since MGS3.

None of the gameplay sections of this trailer looked remotely interesting. Lots of walking through empty environments and weird combat. And if MGS4 was any guide, this will be a bloated and excessive affair filled to the brim with overly long cutscenes. At $20 I'd be willing to take a chance on an overrated developer but at full price? God no.

That's what I thought when I watched the trailer. Looks strange, and not for me. Looks like there's a massive emphasis on cinematics so it's more like an interactive movie than a traditional video game. I'll be happy to be proven wrong but I won't be rushing out to buy this game. I'll wait for reviews and watch people playing before I make a decision.

Back