News Deathride 2020 - Port Adelaide 1st Rounder (the others traded in draft carry on)

2020 Deathride content updated with this handy summary c/- Dlions
chrome_2019-11-22_09-36-58.png

We have ourselves a death ride.

Last edited:
We have ourselves a death ride!

Code:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We’ve got a trade to announce! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AFLTrade?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#AFLTrade</a> <a href="https://t.co/0kG8Oigq1r">pic.twitter.com/0kG8Oigq1r</a></p>&mdash; AFL (@AFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1196250027439509504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm right behind death riding blockquote!!!

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This should be fun.

Should be a top 10 pick predraft.

I am not sure I like it!
Looks like a result of having too many picks in this draft and we have had to forfeit 16 as a result👎
A top 10 pick next year might nearly end up 16 anyway.

Look at it this way - if we get a late first round pick back, we basically swapped pick 29 for 53 and 55 this year. Are you ok with that on its own? If so it's basically a win.

Look at it this way - if we get a late first round pick back, we basically swapped pick 29 for 53 and 55 this year. Are you ok with that on its own? If so it's basically a win.
Yeah, I see how it is a win on the points value system.
I was just looking forward to getting a couple of reasonably high end talented kids through to develop.
But I can also see that, unless they come in and are extremely impressive all the way through pre-season and start really well in the 2’s then they won’t get games next year anyway.
And 2 early picks next year might position us well for a really decent crack at player in the trade period next year.

Yeah, I see how it is a win on the points value system.
I was just looking forward to getting a couple of reasonably high end talented kids through to develop.
But I can also see that, unless they come in and are extremely impressive all the way through pre-season and start really well in the 2’s then they won’t get games next year anyway.
And 2 early picks next year might position us well for a really decent crack at player in the trade period next year.

Not even referring to points.

We're still going to get a reasonably high end talent kid in (pending any further trades)... we're just delaying our gratification by a year.

Slitherin9

Senior List
Oct 18, 2015
Hobart
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Seems like a pretty good deal on the face of it.
Swap picks 52 and 55 to get 29.
Swap a late first this year for a speculative, deat riding first next year.
Randomly swap 72 for 71 🤔

We needed to do something or we're just throwing draft value away for nothing. We still have 3 second-rounders to potentially trade up on draft night. And we postpone adding more youth to a squad that already has a bunch of kids pushing for senior chances 👍

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In regards to their draw it’s not exactly the easiest. List wise they’re pretty ordinary as well and I reckon there was some internal rumblings in regards to Hinkley towards the end of the season. Anywhere between a pick 5-10 I feel. Plus our one in the teens. Could be a good chance to move up in next years draft actually or for trade value.

I wouldn’t mind is moving out one of the picks in the 30 for another second rounder for next year and somehow acquiring a pick in the 50/60 this year for points. Two draftees from the national draft in the twenties and then our two academy boys.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Exercise in futility.

Possible first round academy or father son kids.

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Bulldogs -top 5
Reef McInnes - Collingwood - top 10
Braeden Campbell - Sydney- top 15
Connor Downie - Hawthorn - top 20
Errol Gulden- Sydney - top 20

If Port hand us pick a pick in the 8 to 10 range, it might get pushed back 2, maybe 3 spots.

Bulldogs and Collingwood might trade their first round picks for two picks in the 20’s worth more points.

Sydney and Hawthorn should get their first picks in before another team bids on their academy kids.

Back