News Deathride 2020 - Port Adelaide 1st Rounder (the others traded in draft carry on)

Remove this Banner Ad

On the Port board there was talk of someone being their first Brownlow winner. Didn't realise they hadn't produced any. Even Freo have one

I'm curious how many teams don't have any in the afl era. Off the top of my head I'd say port, the crows, the saints, the dogs, Melbourne, gws, and Gold Coast? Maybe north Melbourne too, though I'm not confident that they didn't sneak in a cheeky brownlow when no one was looking during the late 90s

Anyway checked out their board after your comment, think they were talking about rozee. That kid could do it tbh, he has the talent and is young enough he could be anything at this stage

I'm curious how many teams don't have any in the afl era. Off the top of my head I'd say port, the crows, the saints, the dogs, Melbourne, gws, and Gold Coast? Maybe north Melbourne too, though I'm not confident that they didn't sneak in a cheeky brownlow when no one was looking during the late 90s

Anyway checked out their board after your comment, think they were talking about rozee. That kid could do it tbh, he has the talent and is young enough he could be anything at this stage

Port, GWS, GC & Norf are the only teams without a brownlow winner in the AFL era.

Noooo, even Melbourne has one? But they're Melbourne! Do you think the tanking scandal was their attempt to make up for the faux pas?

Yes, Woewodin in 2000. By tanking scandal, do you mean last year or the one where they got Scully & Trengove? Boy that worked out well huh? Tanking never works. 2009 I think. Wasn't exactly a stellar year for us in terms of trades & drafting either.

On the Port board there was talk of someone being their first Brownlow winner. Didn't realise they hadn't produced any. Even Freo have one
Freo have been in the AFL longer than Port and have made a GF, not that big a surprise. The bigger shock is that GC have won one but Port haven't.

Port, GWS, GC & Norf are the only teams without a brownlow winner in the AFL era.
Suns had Ablett in 2013.

Off the top of my head Ricciuto, Harvey/lockett, Libba Snr, Woewodin and GAJ

Wanganeen won a Brownlow (not for Port tho).

Now this is a thread I can get around!

Either it backfires, and Port make the finals (maybe even have a win or two), or Hinkley gets the boot. Win-win!

Though, if I am being honest, the latter is the better 'win' (and the most likely).

Wanganeen won a Brownlow (not for Port tho).

Josh Francou finished third in 2001 and second in 2002. However, Aker (2001) and Black (2002) were the deserving winners.

2003: Wanganeen was the favourite to win (10 years after winning his first). He finished second, just 1 point behind. Should have been a 4-way tie.

2004: Tredrea was the favourite to win the midfielder's award. Judd even said; "I thought Warren Tredrea was a shoo-in to be honest" in his acceptance speech. Tredrea lead the team for goals (by a massive margin), contested possessions, inside 50s, marks, and contested marks. Tredrea polled 15 votes, Chad Cornes polled 22.

Umpires...

2004: Tredrea was the favourite to win the midfielder's award. Judd even said; "I thought Warren Tredrea was a shoo-in to be honest" in his acceptance speech. Tredrea lead the team for goals (by a massive margin), contested possessions, inside 50s, marks, and contested marks. Tredrea polled 15 votes, Chad Cornes polled 22.

Umpires...
Tredrea was terrifying that year (as well as others). Pretty sure he was the player I most hated seeing us line up against. Still think he is very underrated when tlaking about the great CHF's of the last 20 years or so

Tredrea was terrifying that year (as well as others). Pretty sure he was the player I most hated seeing us line up against. Still think he is very underrated when tlaking about the great CHF's of the last 20 years or so
Have to agree. He was more than just a very good player. Very underrated generally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently they're both fine, they should be fine for round one, everything is fine, they might even play more talls because of how fine everything is.

You get the feeling Hinkley would play a bloke with three floating ribs and a dislocated shoulder if it thought it would get him a game closer to an extension

Apparently they're both fine, they should be fine for round one, everything is fine, they might even play more talls because of how fine everything is.

You get the feeling Hinkley would play a bloke with three floating ribs and a dislocated shoulder if it thought it would get him a game closer to an extension

You have to understand that floating ribs just add to your flexibility so it’s a bonus or so Hinkley thinks

DIXON RULED OUT
Lee Gaskin has some big injury news from the Power camp...

Port Adelaide has had mixed news on the injury front ahead of its round one clash with Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium, with key forward Charlie Dixon ruled out with an adductor injury.

However, ruckman Scott Lycett will take his place in the side after overcoming an Achilles injury.

Young forward Mitch Georgiades – the 18th pick in last year's NAB AFL Draft – will make his debut for the Power.

"Charlie hasn't quite come up. We've had him out there this morning and he's not quite right, so we won't take a risk," Power coach Ken Hinkley said.

"Unfortunately for Charlie, he hasn't been able to get up and going at speed.

"He's not far away, but we couldn't take a risk being round one."

I think what we saw from Port in the pre-season was the best they’ve got.
My tip has gone to the Suns.
Not a bad tip. Suns are generally good early in the year.

2013 - Won vs St Kilda by 13
2014 - Won vs Richmond by 18
2015 - Lost vs Melbourne by 26
2016 - Won vs Essendon by 61
2017 - Lost vs Brisbane by 2
2018 - Won vs North Melbourne by 16
2019 - Lost vs St Kilda by 1
2020 - vs Port Adelaide

So it's WLWLWL - to follow the pattern, should be a win for the Suns.

This paints a good picture for our death ride, so I'll do the usual internet forum thing, and ignore arguments that work against my point (like PA having won their last 4 round 1 matchups).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back