News Deathride 2020 - Port Adelaide 1st Rounder (the others traded in draft carry on)

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Deathride has a pulse again

Port will lose two on the run home, Cats and ourselves only 1. That’s drops Port to 3rd at best. Assuming Eagles don’t run home undefeated. Port plays either us or Cats in first week of finals. Will be out in straight sets to finish 6th. Pick 13.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Port will lose two on the run home, Cats and ourselves only 1. That’s drops Port to 3rd at best. Assuming Eagles don’t run home undefeated. Port plays either us or Cats in first week of finals. Will be out in straight sets to finish 6th. Pick 13.

13 I think.

Remember there’s a PP at 11.

How 13 (14)?

We went out in strait sets, and ended up with pick 15.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GC were gifted pick 1 as a PP, and the other semi finalist ranked lower taking 14.
Yeah.

There’s a PP in this draft as well, at pick 11.

Port are still likely to finish top 2, so they’re likely to be the highest ranked semifinalist to go out at that stage, unless we go out in straight sets as well.

So 14 or 15.

If you had asked me at the start of the year I would have genuinely thought you guys had a shot at a top 4 pick here.

Personally hoping you guys get pick 17 and pick 18.. we just love peaking together don't we :rainbow:

If you had asked me at the start of the year I would have genuinely thought you guys had a shot at a top 4 pick here.

Personally hoping you guys get pick 17 and pick 18.. we just love peaking together don't we :rainbow:

images.jpeg-39.jpg

(We're Batman)

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams

So we’re making the grand final and your knocked in a preliminary final.

How sweet it would be if we both made the Granny and the media's "top 3 sides" missed.

Well done to Port for backing themselves in, couldn’t have done any beater at this stage.

From our point of view, it was basically a trade we couldn’t lose from, we just didn’t get the value most was projecting. The first rounders will be close to cancelling each other out, we recovered an potential lose there by upgraded a couple of picks to get pick 29 last year. Can also throw in, we got Dev, by all accounts we would have taken with that first anyways.

I don’t see anyone selected around that pick, that would have improved us this year either. Win-win

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
We can go again.

Collingwood reportedly looking for another first pick this year.

We can trade the Port pick to Collingwood for their 2021 first round pick.

Maybe we need a "Deathride Collingwood" thread ready for tonight because we've clearly got the midas touch with the death rides on here, bit of reverse psychology.

Back