Prediction Deathriding Hawthorn 2020 thread

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
has the trade been done yet?

Even if it doesn't get done, still a perfectly acceptable thread. Should have one for every club.

Be a little disappointed if we didn't scunge something back from GWS more than next year's first but I spose if no one wants to come
I'd be wanting to get involved in the Bonar situation.

GWS: Pick 3
Essendon: Aidan Bonar
Dees: Pick 6, GWS 2020 first, pick 31 (from Essendon)

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Be a little disappointed if we didn't scunge something back from GWS more than next year's first but I spose if no one wants to come

Would like to see us turn around and tell them not to bother if that's the case. We pick who we want and hopefully someone nominates Green before GWS' pick. Two top 5 ish talents this year instead of one. You'd think it'd be worth throwing a fringe player into the deal.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Would like to see us turn around and tell them not to bother if that's the case. We pick who we want and hopefully someone nominates Green before GWS' pick. Two top 5 ish talents this year instead of one. You'd think it'd be worth throwing a fringe player into the deal.
It's also possible the bloke we want at 3 would still be available at 6 in which case next year's pick would be free.

It's also possible the bloke we want at 3 would still be available at 6 in which case next year's pick would be free.
Sounds like you can throw a blanket over at least four players so even if we don't the guy we want at 3 the guy at 6 should have just as much scope. Would be madness not to do this deal.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Maybe. No idea how much fun and games takes place with who clubs say or don't say they'll take. In any case, wouldn't pay much attention to it given there's nothing wrong with someone changing their mind and deciding to take another player, whether there was some manky verbal agreement or not. We can pick who we want at #3 (other than Rowell, Anderson, of course), whereas we might not be as happy with #6.

In this case though, point is that #3 is clearly more valuable to GWS given the likelihood of someone nominating Green, so we should be able to squeeze something else out of them. That would actually be "hard-nosed" negotiating, as Striker475 likes to say.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
well *, here I was thinking I'll get in after all the bullshit is over and find out what happened with trades and what not and s**t is still happening. At the least I'm happy to see that we have two new outside types that we can put a solid preseason into so that by round one they are directly under Gawn's feet.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'd have thought the bigger issue would be that we don't actually hold any of GWS' future picks .... yet.

Surprised their fan hasn't been in here flying the f** for them.
Yeah the trade won’t happen at this stage. I went way too early.

Hilarious though bc GWS essentially gave up 500 draft points trading 12 and 18 for 6 for literally nothing.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Yeah the trade won’t happen at this stage. I went way too early.

Hilarious though bc GWS essentially gave up 500 draft points trading 12 and 18 for 6 for literally nothing.
Yeah, they seem to be quite content to go into next years draft with a significant points deficit

Yeah, they seem to be quite content to go into next years draft with a significant points deficit
They won’t have a deficit. 6 will match a bid at 4. But it’s just ironic because 12 & 18 > 6 on points.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
They won’t have a deficit. 6 will match a bid at 4. But it’s just ironic because 12 & 18 > 6 on points.

If they carried out the trade, it's win-win. It is known.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
There first pick next year will end up around 25 - maybe even lower.

GWS will finish top 4 (probably top 2) then after GC concessions, father sons and academy picks (of which next year contains many), it will be quite a away down the order.

Back