Deaths at Dreamworld

Remove this Banner Ad

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
1 to possibly 4 people have died in accident on a ride at Dreamworld. The ride hasn't been confirmed yet but is either the Thunder River Rapids or the Buzzsaw, as emergency services were seen in that area. Some news services saying that it was the Buzzsaw and that a carriage some how flipped and crushed those on board, while another is saying that a person was trapped on a conveyor belt on the Thunder River Rapids ride.

Pretty terrible.

you can see the flipped over raft there - * that's horrible

b156b90e007f5d6adc470807247c585e

I can't make out anything from that picture, but I don't even want to try

* newcrews and their helicopters all over the place

Was just in the postoffice picking up a parcel and the 9 news had a little window in the corner of the live chopper feed while they were showing some rugby story

yeah good one, Channel 9, really setting the bar high there...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

****ing hell- I've always kind of thought about going on rollercoasters, etc at Movieworld and thought about this exact scenario happening.

I know a rollercoaster at Alton Towers? (in England) collided with one that was stationery and while I dont think anyone died, someone lost a leg or something. A girl was killed at a ride at the Adelaide show.

you think MovieWorld by association too?

It would probably hurt them too considering a lot of people go to both when they travel to the Gold Coast.

****ing hell- I've always kind of thought about going on rollercoasters, etc at Movieworld and thought about this exact scenario happening.

I know a rollercoaster at Orton Towers? (in England) collided with one that was stationery and while I dont think anyone died, someone lost a leg or something. A girl was killed at a ride at the Adelaide show.

There's been numerous deaths on rollercoasters/rides in the States too, I don't think any theme park could claim a 100% safety record.

Usually accidents don't result in deaths but there have been a lot of people injured on theme park rides or have been stuck on them for ages.

It would probably hurt them too considering a lot of people go to both when they travel to the Gold Coast.

There's been numerous deaths on rollercoasters/rides in the States too, I don't think any theme park could claim a 100% safety record.

Usually accidents don't result in deaths but there have been a lot of people injured on theme park rides or have been stuck on them for ages.

I've done Islands of Adventure (Universal), 2 x Disney and Cedar Point. The latter was on the Dragster- sat on the thing for a good 15 mins before the ride was actually activated. Apparently it "breaks down all the time". I did not even gaf just wanted to go on all the rides.

Will think twice now maybe. I'm bored shitless of Movieworld etc anyway now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back