the_big_sav

Premiership Player
May 29, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
would someone be able to post for each team the number of debutants in '17 and '18, the average games of each debutant and the number of rising star nominations for each club?

cheers

would someone be able to post for each team the number of debutants in '17 and '18, the average games of each debutant and the number of rising star nominations for each club?

cheers
Sorry about the bit of a delay with this, hope it's not too late!:
upload_2018-8-13_15-36-35.png
Edit: Just in case there's any doubt with this, the 2018 average games figures are only for the players who debuted in 2018, games played by 2017 debutants are not taken into account there!!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting these.

From a cats pespective:

Equal 2nd for most debutants over the 2 year period, equal with freo and only north with 16 have had more.

Equal 3rd with fremantle, behind doggies and carlton for average games played.

I would suggest this is a key reason behind the inconsistency of geelong this year.

Throw in that we've played the most top 8 sides of anyone, and I think to be challenging for the 8 is reasonable.

thanks mate. proves my theory that scott is an idiot. since they culled boomer and co and went to rebuild, hes refused to play youth
It's interesting to look even closer at this. You did play 11 debutants last year, the most of any club, but only one of those players has played regularly this year:
upload_2018-8-14_16-25-33.png
Here's Geelong's figures for their 8 debutants from 2017, in terms of games played in 2018. I think the comparison does tell a story!:
upload_2018-8-14_16-31-38.png
Thanks for posting these.

From a cats pespective:

Equal 2nd for most debutants over the 2 year period, equal with freo and only north with 16 have had more.

Equal 3rd with fremantle, behind doggies and carlton for average games played.

I would suggest this is a key reason behind the inconsistency of geelong this year.

Throw in that we've played the most top 8 sides of anyone, and I think to be challenging for the 8 is reasonable.

Sorry about the bit of a delay with this, hope it's not too late!:
View attachment 542679
Edit: Just in case there's any doubt with this, the 2018 average games figures are only for the players who debuted in 2018, games played by 2017 debutants are not taken into account there!!

gday mate. would you have an updated version now the season is over for the kangaroos? cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back