Racing December Daily Punt: Getting a new Kah for Christmas

Remove this Banner Ad

She’s on the best thing all day in the next

Way to go Paula looks a moral. Back on home track, third up, looks good speed in the race with the Yulong. Up to 1400, gets Kah

3.6 is a juicy juicy price

Seen a lot of people spruiking Paula... I'm not so convinced.

Firstly, have to see how this horrendous Pakenham track is playing. Hard to get a gauge until race day on what it's going to be like.

Secondly, her best performance to date was probably over in SA over 1400m (beat Annavisto home which reads well), but even on that day she conceded an impossible margin. Wasn't good enough for the likes of Japery at the end of last prep. Poor on resumption (too wet maybe) and then was good last start in a similar race bar the winner.

More around a $5 chance for me. Looks Like Elvis struggles to win but finds a winnable race here. Maps well. Will be looking outside the two faves.

Looks Like Elvis struggles to win but finds a winnable race here. Maps well. Will be looking outside the two faves.

Thinks said about LLE at about 9 of his last 10 starts

I can see the Pro's piling into Paula and her starting about 6/4 - totally her race to lose.

FallingLiefs thoughts on Bitofmerit yesterday? Visually impressive

Enormous. I was on second horse and it shouldn’t be able to run it down from the 200. Despite being C1 is easily saturday class and the winner made it look second rate. Will rate it on Sunday. Honkers beckons. 1mil plus offers surely but always dubious 1000m horse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 3.60 on offer for Western Empire Railway Stakes day looking good.
Only worry is Pikey on a dollar nothing hot shot.
Could end in tears.
Notorious One with CJP on board for e/w go.
Clear best horse by a mile but I don’t think it’s a legit 1.3 chance after a decent look compared to its last start. I’d be wanting at least 1.6 to play

-Not getting weight relief here
- Not gonna get run of the race like last start, will drift back to last and could be a Pike massacre
- Not a heap of speed at all by the looks of the map
- Up in the trip (don’t think it’s a major issue)

Clear best horse by a mile but I don’t think it’s a legit 1.3 chance after a decent look compared to its last start. I’d be wanting at least 1.6 to play

- Not gonna get run of the race like last start, will drift back to last and could be a Pike massacre

As long as he is not a complete moron and goes for inside runs for style points like he loves doing he should be fine.

There's like a total of 0 of these things that I am actually worried about.

Things to actually worry about:

Easterly 35km/hr at this point, will stay easterly but drop off in strength. Will cause at least a hint of leader bias early in day and will have to adjust towards 5pm.
Inspirational Girl, Galaxy Star, Regal Power all went backwards off winning railway, same prep, same stable average losing margin 3L next start. Williams team peak them hard.
Horse doesn't hold that level of performance over his career (likely as it was so good)

Tempo is fine Dance Music will set good tempo very early and a lindsey horse will cross her to make it genuinely run. Short run to turn so will inject early speed and would be unlikely to want to slow it down being Lindsey. Luck in running Pike should be able to negotiate as he's just that much better than them. His only slight concern from a map is does he land 3wnc worse than midfield.

He won't drift any further than $1.55 if by some miracle he does actually get there. I marked him rock bottom last week and gone the other way here there is just no need to want to get involved on horses this short off the back of 2 starts at a high level.

edit* my bad have him $1.40, G1 allowance didn't carry over on calcs

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back